Problem With Young Scots?

Only problem there mate is that Portugal and Holland have a much more talented youth than Scotland. (tu)

All the more reason for us to take advantage of the few quality players we develope n give them time to progress before casting them aside at 20/21.

I think Adam will fail at Liverpool although I hope he doesn't. He has not really improved the weaknesses in his game that were all too apparent when he was at Ibrox. Yes, he scores goals but a lot are penalties. His free-kicks can be sublime or ridiculous but his big weakness is giving the ball away in dangerous positions. Can't remember how many goals or chances he gave away last season anytime I saw him play. Plus, he was a big fish at Blackpool. Not at Anfield. Too inconsistent but I wish him luck.

I'm not saying 1.4Mil is enough for Adam, what I am saying is that we should learn from this, and take positives from the fact we actually did more money on him via a sell-on clause.

Image we had accepted 300K with a 30% sell on clause for Charlie Adam... We would have gotten a total of 3 Million, yes we lose 200K on the initial deal, but in the end we make 1.6Million more.

Now, considering he went on to be a nominee for premiership player of the year, it is hardly good money; but the point I am trying to make is that if we a player who;

A) Has a highly unrealistic chance of breaking into the first team

B) Are going to sell anyway

BUT does still have some potential, We would do well to accept a lesser fee (In order to make the deal more attractive to the buying club) but include a larger sell-on clause in the deal.

A £1Million pound player in the SPL is a £5Million pound player in England (due to the difference in financial strength), so if we sold a player to an English club we would almost always make a fair sum of money when the buying club sells him on.

It's good logic, and good business sense.

Top post. Can't rep you unfortunately.

We've seen that players CAN make the step up, but the money is a LOT better in England. A little bit less with a bigger sell on fee would make much more sense.