Problem With Young Scots?

For many years now our supporters seem to be to keen to jump all over our young players .we almost chased Hutton out the door and cost us 9 million and we did chase Charlie Adam away which did cost us a few bob.lets give this batch of youngsters a chance to develop.i have seen a few people getting tore into wylde and Hutton on here let's get off there backs and let them develope.

Every player will rightly receive criticism when playing for a club like The Rangers when they're performance isn't good enough. The Rangers are a club expected to win every single match, league and cup so there wont be any excuses for any players not matter their age or where they come from.

Plus what you on about Hutton cost us 9m and Adam cost us a few bob? :lol:

Plus what you on about Hutton cost us 9m and Adam cost us a few bob? :lol:

His point seems to be that if some fans had their way, Hutton would have been out the door long before he hit the patch of form that lured Spurs into paying £9m for him, and that we could have got more cash for Adam had we played him for a bit longer and let him play in the middle.

He's right, but it's a complete irrelevance.

His point seems to be that if some fans had their way, Hutton would have been out the door long before he hit the patch of form that lured Spurs into paying £9m for him, and that we could have got more cash for Adam had we played him for a bit longer and let him play in the middle.not really an irrelavance mate iam just pointing out how dart it would be to get on wylde/huttons back ,hound them out and it ends up they get transferred for 6/7 million

He's right, but it's a complete irrelevance.

not really an irrelavance mate iam just pointing out how dart it would be to get on wylde/huttons back ,hound them out and it ends up they get transferred for 6/7 million

It is an irrelevance. We don't make decisions on who stays or who goes. Adam left because he didn't add enough to the first team and because we had better players playing in his preferred position at the time, not because he got a bit of stick from the stands.

Look at Edu. Constantly getting stick from fans, but he starts almost every game because Smith liked him.

As I said, you're right that we can be a bit harsh as a fanbase at times, but your conclusion is a non sequitur.

When quoting a post you have to put your own text outwith the quote tags, otherwise your post will appear as though it's part of the post you're quoting.

Agree that Adam was a expensive lesson we need to learn from

fair enough loan players out if they are not performing and getting a game but dont let them go for peanuts bring them back and give them another chance or at least hold out for a decent price

look at how man city and arsenal treat us with loan players we may get them on loan again but not for sale seems to be the message

hutton was acceptable only because it was a great price 9m would buy any player in scotland today and i think it is fair to say he has not developed well down there

although i often wonder what could have been if he stayed that season we had the great european run

hopefully we are now much stronger financially and will be able resist low offers from now on

Thanks mate iam learning all the time.lol.i just think that we as a club are to harsh on young Scots whereas if u look at Weiss/bartley we seem to be willing to allow them umpteen mistakes without nearly much grief as I see the young Scots boys getting .only an opinion tho I might be wrong

Adam was fucking balls at times for us. He's not changed much since joining Blackpool, some of his passes are wonderful, others are woeful. There isn't a grey area when it comes to Chaz, it's either brilliant or bollocks.

Thanks mate iam learning all the time.lol.i just think that we as a club are to harsh on young Scots whereas if u look at Weiss/bartley we seem to be willing to allow them umpteen mistakes without nearly much grief as I see the young Scots boys getting .only an opinion tho I might be wrong

Danny Wilson made mistakes, but he didn't get massive amounts of stick because he was generally composed and did a good job. Ness doesn't get stick when he makes a mistake because he's showed he has the ability to improve and cut them out of his game. Kyle Hutton doesn't get much stick because he hasn't played often enough for a pattern to emerge, and Wylde is still getting the benefit of the doubt.

The only young Scot in the squad at the moment who gets a fair bit of stick is Fleck, and that's because he's been in and around the first team for three years now and he's yet to have any noticeable impact, or make any significant improvements to his game. If anything he's probably regressed.

Agree that Adam was a expensive lesson we need to learn from

I don't think anyone could have predicted how well Charlie has done in the PL, and him getting a move to one of the big clubs.

We did well to get a decent sell on clause in the blackpool deal.

For many years now our supporters seem to be to keen to jump all over our young players .we almost chased Hutton out the door and cost us 9 million and we did chase Charlie Adam away which did cost us a few bob.lets give this batch of youngsters a chance to develop.i have seen a few people getting tore into wylde and Hutton on here let's get off there backs and let them develope.

Some good points there, i wouldnt be surprised if it were to happen again, i have already read on here that wylde is useless and the likes and it is just plain stupid to critic these players so early on, i have also read that ness wont make it as he is injury prone, for players so young andstill developing they are still a bit of unknown but they look good from what i have seen.

In this climate it is not too difficult a decision fo players to decide they may want to move on, fans play a big part in all of this, they need encouragment and i feel we have a really good batch of youngsters coming through and murray park will help rangers no end in the coming years, financially and on the playing field

at a club like ours, where a draw is an unacceptable result, the pressure on youngsters is always going to be much higher.

imo opinion we need a rangers b team, but doubt this will happen. most players at rangers get abuse when they have a bad game apart from fans favorites like davis. as fans we are high demanding of anyone who wears our tops and can go abit over board(myself including).

it has always been like this and wont change because of the demand to win every game in scotland.

If anything, the Charlie Adam deal shows us that we should perhaps accept even lower offers for our non-first-team Youth Players, but with a ridiculous sell-on clause :wink:

Nonsense!!!!!!we only got a total of 1.4million for a player who was nominated for player of the year in the premiership!what kind of sell on clause would u be looking for 110%.we chased an obviously talented player away and by we I mean the fans by giving the guy abuse everytime he walked on the park.it got so bad the guys dad coudnt come to the games anymore.to a lesser extent we did the same with burke who went on to be successful player in England.

Nonsense!!!!!!we only got a total of 1.4million for a player who was nominated for player of the year in the premiership!what kind of sell on clause would u be looking for 110%.we chased an obviously talented player away and by we I mean the fans by giving the guy abuse everytime he walked on the park.it got so bad the guys dad coudnt come to the games anymore.to a lesser extent we did the same with burke who went on to be successful player in England.

I'm not saying 1.4Mil is enough for Adam, what I am saying is that we should learn from this, and take positives from the fact we actually did more money on him via a sell-on clause.

Image we had accepted 300K with a 30% sell on clause for Charlie Adam... We would have gotten a total of 3 Million, yes we lose 200K on the initial deal, but in the end we make 1.6Million more.

Now, considering he went on to be a nominee for premiership player of the year, it is hardly good money; but the point I am trying to make is that if we a player who;

A) Has a highly unrealistic chance of breaking into the first team

B) Are going to sell anyway

BUT does still have some potential, We would do well to accept a lesser fee (In order to make the deal more attractive to the buying club) but include a larger sell-on clause in the deal.

A £1Million pound player in the SPL is a £5Million pound player in England (due to the difference in financial strength), so if we sold a player to an English club we would almost always make a fair sum of money when the buying club sells him on.

It's good logic, and good business sense.

I'm not saying 1.4Mil is enough for Adam, what I am saying is that we should learn from this, and take positives from the fact we actually did more money on him via a sell-on clause.

Image we had accepted 300K with a 30% sell on clause for Charlie Adam... We would have gotten a total of 3 Million, yes we lose 200K on the initial deal, but in the end we make 1.6Million more.

Now, considering he went on to be a nominee for premiership player of the year, it is hardly good money; but the point I am trying to make is that if we a player who;

A) Has a highly unrealistic chance of breaking into the first team

B) Are going to sell anyway

BUT does still have some potential, We would do well to accept a lesser fee (In order to make the deal more attractive to the buying club) but include a larger sell-on clause in the deal.

A £1Million pound player in the SPL is a £5Million pound player in England (due to the difference in financial strength), so if we sold a player to an English club we would almost always make a fair sum of money when the buying club sells him on.

It's good logic, and good business sense.

Or we could keep these players develope them like ajax or porto and sell them on for a huge fee.