Maurice Edu Center Back

rangersxfc

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edu at this moment in time is our second best central midfielder; he is better than McCulloch (garbage), Hutton (inexperienced) and Ness (inexperienced, injured for long spells).

1) Steven Davis

2) Maurice Edu

3) Lee McCulloch

4) Kyle Hutton and Jamie Ness.

In that order. Some wont like that, but that's the truth!

100% correct. And pretty much highlights the lack of quality in our midfield.

However, I'm sure if we played Bougherra or Naismith in CM, they would be better than Edu/Jig.

EDU was great at RB for us (in the one match he played there). But he has some pace, can tackle and has to be a better option than what we have there now.

So.... what do we do with Whittaker? He was shocking on Saturday.

EDU was great at RB for us (in the one match he played there). But he has some pace, can tackle and has to be a better option than what we have there now.

So.... what do we do with Whittaker? He was shocking on Saturday.

Wouldnt be the first player to dissappear after winning a new deal. :( Goodness knows. He wont be dropped.

Edu at this moment in time is our second best central midfielder; he is better than McCulloch (garbage), Hutton (inexperienced) and Ness (inexperienced, injured for long spells).

1) Steven Davis

2) Maurice Edu

3) Lee McCulloch

4) Kyle Hutton and Jamie Ness.

In that order. Some wont like that, but that's the truth!

(td)

Disagree, just because Ness is younger and less experianced doesn't mean he's not as good, I firmly believe if Ness was given a starting role he'd make much more of an impact than Edu and McCulloch ever would

Wouldnt be the first player to dissappear after winning a new deal. :( Goodness knows. He wont be dropped.

Quite right mate. (tu)

Aye ok.. He's versatile.. but we need quality. Whitts is good for usually 1/'3 of a season. 2/3 of the season he's just not up to it. but.. when you have a small squad, you do need guys like him. Kind of the "Jack of all trades, master of none" scenario with him (and others).

As far as the 'indecision' statement far above in this thread re EDU. What made him good at RB for us was the fact he didn't need to make a decision :-) Clear the ball first. When in doubt, kick it out. Sir David of Weir thinking there.

I think this is a great thread on EDU. It must be worth a try?

Broxi. Right. Ness is a proper Football player. Vision, can pass, great striker of the ball.

It's been said before.. but when he runs with the ball, you really could be looking @ Slim Jim. Not saying he's anywhere near Jim's class... but there are subtle similarities.

I'd have Ness in the team in a heartbeat.

Broxi. Right. Ness is a proper Football player. Vision, can pass, great striker of the ball.

It's been said before.. but when he runs with the ball, you really could be looking @ Slim Jim. Not saying he's anywhere near Jim's class... but there are subtle similarities.

I'd have Ness in the team in a heartbeat.

If Ness was aable to stay fit I wouldn't worry about the CM position nearly as much (tu)