David Odonkor

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it now...

After impressing in a trial we give him a 2yr deal...he plays 1-2 games, then gets injured...would be just our luck...

Also cue people moaning when he plays on the left even though hes played there for Germany and Dotrmund and Betis as can be seen in the OP...

If he proves his fitness, and the terms are reasonable then we have nothing to lose!

I can see it now...

After impressing in a trial we give him a 2yr deal...he plays 1-2 games, then gets injured...would be just our luck...

Also cue people moaning when he plays on the left even though hes played there for Germany and Dotrmund and Betis as can be seen in the OP...

If he proves his fitness, and the terms are reasonable then we have nothing to lose!

Agree, and he should not be to difficult to deal with, as giving him the chance to prove himself.

The guy isn't THAT bad lads, he isn't the best footballer but he has the basics, and he's better than most defenders can throw at him in the SPL.

If we can sign him on a low wage contract or pay to play etc, i'd take the chance...given he's had his injurys, but he's still capable of doing something.

He cant be that pish if he's getting caps for germany

Bernado Corradi has 13caps for Italy, Heskey has over 50 for England, Kleberson has over 30 for Brazil...

Being called up a few times for your national team doesnt make you a good player...there are loads of good German wingers around isnt there!

By looking at his videos the guy looks rapid quick - whether he still has it after his injuries is a different matter tho. I agree that he could be another Beasley, constantly injured

BUT, if we got him on short term deal with low wages or even on a pay as you play contract, I'd take him

Is it just me or are some people on here in denial at the quality of player we can actually attract? Regardless of who were are rumoured with, theres always the odd few who come out with the 'Not Rangers Class' argument. The days of us spending big are gone. He's played in a world cup, played for dortmund and betis. What harm can a trial/one year deal be? Come on, if Kerkar can get a one year extension, and us having a 41 year old centre back on our books. Give the boy some backing ffs! As people have mentioned, 2 poor games and everyones on the bandwagon!

Ive just seen him for the first time on youtube. The guy isn't as bad as people are making out, He is a flying machine. And todays game is all about pace and power.

If this guy stays clear of injuries? he could do very very well in Scotland.

I can picture scot Brown and co chasing him on the break now. lol

I dont believe all the negative posters who now say they have watched him regularly.

Noone can say they have watched him regularly because he hasnt played regularly for years!

Joking aside, anyone who watches European football will have seen him play plenty of times...i remember watching Dortmund on the old Eurosport channel more than a few times as well as seeing betis on sky sports and the old revista la liga!