Who will come out on top?

rossDas

Personaly I think Microsoft have it in the bag.

They got their machine out early and have been busy claiming exclusives as well as multiformat AAA titles like Pro Evo and GTA. They have their online aspect sorted and the things not unreasonably priced.

I'm a bit worried about the Wii. Although Nintendos own games are top quality they've never been enough to win a console race. The motion control will attract new gamers for a while but the lack of third party exclusives could be a problem.

Sony have screwed up big time. The PS3 is ace but the way sony have handled it has been nothing short of a disaster. Sony have been bleeding exclusives and failing to get developers on board. The machine wont sell well till the price comes down and developers wont be eager till the machine sells. That said Sonys future is in it's own hands - if they pull thier finger out.

This round to Microsoft I think.

True, but that didn't stop the PS2. Of all the PS2 owners I know only one didnt have the disc read error screen of death.

I wonder though, when are people going to start getting fed up of shoddy consoles. I'd save for a 360 but I dont want to risk it in case the thing breaks down.

I will say that sony will win. I know that at the moment it doesnt seem to be doing well but according to figures it is, they just produced alot more consoles this time round.

The xbox360 does have some good games and the fact the online aspect has been tried and tested will help but i just dont see it having as many good titles as the ps3 when designers get to grips with it.

The wii i believe is just a novelty machine for the not so hardcore gamers.

All in All i think the ps3 will shine through especially having blu ray built in but might need to come down in price by £100 then they will sell out.

I will say that sony will win. I know that at the moment it doesnt seem to be doing well but according to figures it is, they just produced alot more consoles this time round.

The xbox360 does have some good games and the fact the online aspect has been tried and tested will help but i just dont see it having as many good titles as the ps3 when designers get to grips with it.

The wii i believe is just a novelty machine for the not so hardcore gamers.

All in All i think the ps3 will shine through especially having blu ray built in but might need to come down in price by £100 then they will sell out.

(tu)

I really can see the PS3 coming out on top. I've been very impressed with the PS3.

I've been after playing my 360 since the day it came out and i haven't been blown away tbh. As soon as you boot up the PS3 it blows you away. The xbox just feels a tad bit outdated compared to the PS3.

Also for the long run i would go for the PS3 as it just has that bit more potential than the 360.

All the PS3 needs is a price drop and it will be out selling the 360 in no time at all.

probably ps3 in the long term, in the next year or so, xbox.

buying an xbox tomorrow.. mainly because i want a new console now and cba waiting for the ps3 to come down in price.

I think the only thing that really counted against the original Xbox was its lack of games in comparison to the PS2. Now however many of the big games have stopped being made exclusively for Sony and have moved across to the Xbox 360. So I think that the Xbox 360 with its lower prices and top games will come out on top of the over-priced PS3.

Xbox 360 will come 3rd. The Wii will finish 2nd, especially considering there isn't even a Mario game or anything out yet. The PS3 will probably win in the long run.

http://www.vgchartz.com

Xbox 360 - 9.7 million sold

Wii - 6.7 million sold

PS3 - 3.2 million sold

The 360 has been out a year and a half but the Wii has almost caught up to it already. Microsoft won't win, especially with the millions they throw at companies like Epic to make games exclusive to the 360, such as Gears of War etc. It isn't doing that well sales-wise considering it barely costs more than a Wii.

You still can't find a Wii on shelves since it's selling out as soon as it's available.

The PS3 has just announced that Home service (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=...wmv&pl=game), and these type of things justify the price, and when blue-ray takes over DVD's, you'll realise it's cheaper than buying a standalone blu-ray player.

I think on the long term Sony are going to come out on top.

I have the 360 and PS3, and I have to be honest I think the PS3 is much better, have to admit a bit peeved of about having to download upgrades or getting discs to play PS1 and PS2 games, but as I only have one PS2 game it isn't really a problem for me.

To me the PS3 seems to run smoother, it comes with a 60GB hard drive installed, the games I think are more impressive visually. It also easier to insert peripherals such as memory sticks etc with photos.

The 360, even though is very good, you have to buy a hard drive (unless you pay more to have it with your console), it is only 20GB, don't know if it's just me but games sometimes freeze on you and you have to re-set the machine and start again from your last save.