Embarassed?

s_r_b_11

I don't think Rangers are being particularly more open about signing targets than anyone else. The last summer the club were active in the transfer market was 2008, and Twitter/message boards have increased in popularity massively since then. I think therefore there's simply more rumour surrounding potential targets now, and maybe as fans we're not quite used to it.

Most of the media coverage of transfer targets has involved the Scottish players; Conway, Miller, Wallace, Goodwillie. I'd suggest that agents and journalists have a motivation to make Rangers' interest known.

Goodwillie is not worth 2.8 million end of. I will be disappointed If we bid this. How could anyone be embarrassed by the most successful team in football. We didn't mourn miller nor Boyd nor Thompson or even prso. There only 1 person who should feel regret over this whole transfer.

Lets say Ally values a player @ £1M, though we could get him for £750K, i think its always a good idea to get in 1st with a low offer as then you can gauge their reaction i.e

1st offer is laughed out = we know ok double the offer,

2nd offer (£600K) they think OK so they have doubled the offer lets ask for more,

3rd offer (£750K) both parties thinking about it now and go from there

OR

1st offer £750k no messing around, we want the player now, they know we really want him therefore they can clearly ask for more cash.

Its swings and roundabouts each offer has to be done differently and finally

1. I think its good that we have made it known that we are looking at many players for each position and not going after the one guy as this shows clubs that we do not NEED to buy their player

2. The goodwille transfer was complicated due to possible court proceedings but shows us one main problem. WE CANNOT COMPETE FINANCIALLY WITH ENGLISH TEAMS or most other leagues, so we either need to take an interest in players who are not going to be on anyone elses radars, get in early and secure the deal (although that goes against the opening point i made)or take a chance on a previously injured player.

back on post I will never be embarrassed by Rangers only the actions of certain people/companies associated to us.

Are people not embarrassed by our dealings with Goodwillie,Juhasz and verboek...all 3 would enhance our side no end but we get knock back after knock back and then when Blackburn look odds on to win the Goodwillie race we offer what they wanted in the first place and then some so if we do win this one we've paid out more than we could of last week when his case was dropped.

Juhasz and Verboek are excellent players, throw in another £100k and then another and they wonder why the other side don't budge.In will come someone else and pay the money and we'll embarrass ourselves by matching it but will be too late.

I really don't think you can be embarrassed by the way we have went about our bids as Whyte and Smith are both trying to find their way about the transfer market without making any ridiculous mistakes that cost the club in the future (Tore André Flo comes to mind)..

What is a bit worrying is Mcoist when it comes to announcing every single target we're after, i was always under the impressing that when targeting a player you kept it close to the chest so others (Cardiff) can't swipe them from under you with larger wage packets!

Got full faith in the management to hopefully get some (decent) players in soon..!

We're not Man City, its obvious that we are watching ever single penny we spend. We put these low bids in so that if a bid finally gets accepted, its the bare minimum bid that the selling club is willing to sanction and we dont pay a penny more than we have to. Its been evident all summer, we're not free spenders, its just the way it is, deal with it.

It's been evident all summer that Dundee Utd wanted £2m for Goodwillie and not a penny less and fair play to them, the player is worth it.

You say that we are not Man City and we put in low bids in hope that one might get accepted but this was never going to be the case with Goodwillie. The price was £2m and was always going to be £2m and yet we have messed about and messed about with bids of under £1m, then we add another few hundred thousand and so on and so forth.

Now it seems we have lost a decent player because of all our time wasting, it has been a joke, why not just give Dundee the £2m they wanted in the first place?

Dont get me wrong i'm all for negotiating but in this case we were clearly trying to take the piss and we have got what we deserve which is fuck all.

Never embarrassed with Rangers mate. We should be going in low. If a tram agrees then its a great move. And Goodwillie was only cleared of rape a week ago. Why take that gamble?

Theres a month left in the transfer window mibi fowk should wait till that shuts before passing extreme judgements.

I know its a long shot admins doin summit hehe there is a way to check these ip addresses and weed out these chunts, its happened to me on here when i was a different poster and was cought oot by my IP, whats the jiffy with that

It's been evident all summer that Dundee Utd wanted £2m for Goodwillie and not a penny less and fair play to them, the player is worth it.

You say that we are not Man City and we put in low bids in hope that one might get accepted but this was never going to be the case with Goodwillie. The price was £2m and was always going to be £2m and yet we have messed about and messed about with bids of under £1m, then we add another few hundred thousand and so on and so forth.

Now it seems we have lost a decent player because of all our time wasting, it has been a joke, why not just give Dundee the £2m they wanted in the first place?

Dont get me wrong i'm all for negotiating but in this case we were clearly trying to take the piss and we have got what we deserve which is fuck all.

sooo can u tell me what bids we put in?

Fuckin cringeworthy dealing,especially the goodwillie fiasco.

If we beat Malmo tomorrow night and on Thursday we haven't got Vorhoek,Juhasz,Beboya and a striker lined up at the very least i'll be very very disappointed to say the least.