Lack Of Real Targets Since Malmo Exit

DougieGers

I was looking through the players that we have been linked with since we went out of the CL. Now im not complaining about the likes of McKay and Bodeya as I think they are good players but now that the ceullar and juharsz deals are dead im concerned that we havent seen any real movement or being linked with any quality. Again im not saying that we need to go out and spend millions but we seem to be going with quantity over quality and peronally I dont think thats the way Rangers should be conducting buisness.

Would like to here the views of others.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the budget maybe done but we were promised £5m per season, We have spend like 2.7m so far and got like 2.5m back for bougie and adam so by my workings we should still have 4.8m left so I would still like to be linked with some quality should still be possible. Defo upfront

Going out of the CL is proving to be signicant in terms of our spending. We've left Marks and Spencers and we're now shopping in Poundstretchers.

Whyte refused to speculate to accumulate before the Malmo game and we're now paying the price.

We had the players to beat Malmo Blouie. At Ibrox our players didnt bother turning up.

(tu)

Even away, we had several good chances, with 9, 10, 11 men to finish the tie. We had the players, we didnt need investment to beat Malmo.

We didnt but i know whittaker has been playing shit but he needed to keep his cool. Was a stupid red card and I still blame him and bougie for us being out. I know we didnt score but with a full compliment im 100% we would have went through

(tu)

Even away, we had several good chances, with 9, 10, 11 men to finish the tie. We had the players, we didnt need investment to beat Malmo.

Your a bit of an enigma today, we didnt need investment to beat malmo yet malmo showed us we need to invest in the team

We had the players to beat Malmo Blouie. At Ibrox our players didnt bother turning up.

Possibly, but I still believe with Miller or Goodwillie in that team we'd still be in the CL.

Naismith's a better player in behind the front two and I can't help but feel Miller would have buried at least one of those 3 sitters he missed over the two legs.

A new signing then would also have given the team and the supporters a much needed lift going into the tie.

Some serious mistakes have been made and they're now proving costly. For me, the buck stops with Whyte. We've waited patiently for a sign from our new leader, sadly, it just hasn't happened.

Your a bit of an enigma today, we didnt need investment to beat malmo yet malmo showed us we need to invest in the team

I dont agree with that, at all. They didnt. We knew we needed investment, even last season. Even still we had the quality and players to beat them.

We didnt but i know whittaker has been playing shit but he needed to keep his cool. Was a stupid red card and I still blame him and bougie for us being out. I know we didnt score but with a full compliment im 100% we would have went through

I blame the coaching staff for that first match, for me, thats where the tie was lost, those players where either not up for it or not ready and the buck stops with the gaffer and his back room team.

I personally think we started pre season training too late.

(tu)

I blame the coaching staff for that first match, for me, thats where the tie was lost, those players where either not up for it or not ready and the buck stops with the gaffer and his back room team.

(tu)

I think there's something to be said for that. Drawing a side half-way through their season didn't help either.

Possibly, but I still believe with Miller or Goodwillie in that team we'd still be in the CL.

Naismith's a better player in behind the front two and I can't help but feel Miller would have buried at least one of those 3 sitters he missed over the two legs.

A new signing then would also have given the team and the supporters a much needed lift going into the tie.

Some serious mistakes have been made and they're now proving costly. For me, the buck stops with Whyte. We've waited patiently for a sign from our new leader, sadly, it just hasn't happened.

I cant argue with that but i stand by my opnion that we had players good enough to beat Malmo. Of course new signings would have helped i just dont think they were needed for that tie.

Mr Whyte has until Sep 1st to prove to me he is the man i think he is.

(tu)

(tu)

I dont think we started too late but rather rushed through it and played games for the sake of it. We rushed through germany and didnt really spend time gelling there. I wished we had picked our games more carefully

I dont think we started too late but rather rushed through it and played games for the sake of it. We rushed through germany and didnt really spend time gelling there. I wished we had picked our games more carefully

I think the games chosen were fine but as you say, pre season was a rush. We kenw the score, we knew when Europe and the league started yet still started back when we did.

I think the games chosen were fine but as you say, pre season was a rush. We kenw the score, we knew when Europe and the league started yet still started back when we did.

What really annoyed me was the fact that germany was done in 6 days. How are you meant to build up and understanding when you are only training 3 times in 6 days. Not everybody can play im games and from what i could tell we didnt train if we had a game. That disappointed me

What really annoyed me was the fact that germany was done in 6 days. How are you meant to build up and understanding when you are only training 3 times in 6 days. Not everybody can play im games and from what i could tell we didnt train if we had a game. That disappointed me

I agree. (tu)

I woule like to see Ally bring in another assisent manager with more experience who could advise ally better. Nothing against KmcD but someone with managerial experience would be good. What u think?

I dont rate McD or especially Durrant. I was against the whole appointment but of course i have to support them now.

(tu)