MCLACHLAN1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our squad is clearly weaker.

And two weeks in NOT plenty time to get 3 players in, especially for us since we seemed to drag everything out.

Actually, 3 players? I reckon we need a rightback, centreback, centre mid, winger/wide man, and a striker.

Our squad isnt weaker, I posted back a bit too show how our first 11 was not weaker and then add in signing like Ortiz and our squad isnt weaker.

A rightback ? Whittaker, Broadfoot, Juanma and McMillan...we have basically signed McKay for the middle but we still need another striker and left winger and maybe another centre back.

Can you be more specific?

The starting 11 which blew away Hearts, Dundee utd, Kilmarnock and Motherwell are all there other than Boogie. Its best just to panic mate. It seems the way ahead!

Oh aye Kyle isnt fit but when he is he is shite anyway and its probably his fault for everything that has happened

Our squad isnt weaker, I posted back a bit too show how our first 11 was not weaker and then add in signing like Ortiz and our squad isnt weaker.

A rightback ? Whittaker, Broadfoot, Juanma and McMillan...we have basically signed McKay for the middle but we still need another striker and left winger and maybe another centre back.

Mckay and Bedoya have signed but it doesnt fit in. Just panic mate

Off topic do you get the 54 to games? I think i have asked you this before but i will ask again :lol:

Mckay and Bedoya have signed but it doesnt fit in. Just panic mate

Off topic do you get the 54 to games? I think i have asked you this before but i will ask again :lol:

Rarely but I have gotten it before.

I usually get the 75 with the rest of the lads from Milton and then get the subway to Ibrox.

I got the 54 home every game for the past couple of seasons tho.

Rarely but I have gotten it before.

I usually get the 75 with the rest of the lads from Milton and then get the subway to Ibrox.

I got the 54 home every game for the past couple of seasons tho.

The milton lads? Me and the 9 of you outside now! Fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeto :crabflute:

Can you be more specific?

Sure mate.

We sold miller and bougherra, and lost weiss aswell. Personally i think weir is finished, certainly needs replaced.

We've brought in goian, who i have to say looks decent, but have failed to replace miller so far, or weiss. Ortiz hasnt done much yet, and i dont know who he has replaced coz i have no idea where he'd be best suited. Sure mackay and bedoya will add something when they arrive, maybe in terms of numbers we MIGHT be slightly better off, but in terms of quality i cant see it yet.

The abuse certain members take on here for speaking their mind is incredible, usually from the members who do actually bury there heads in the sand. Ive said i'll refrain from panic until 1st september, and im doin my best to stick to that. But at the end of the day facts are facts, with 2weeks left of the transfer window, weve spent £300k on players. Anyone who says they are happy with that are either lyin, or are a tim. Sure, if we had sold a player for say £10M, we could have spent that and had a net spending of £0 and im sure wed all be happy. But thats not whats happened, wheres the fuckin front ended investment?

Wouldnt really be all too bothered about signing a LM if we get Wylde tied up on a long deal. A striker to link up with Jela must be a priority for us like others have said.

Wylde, McKay, Bedoya, Laff, Bendiksen etcetc can all play LM but our options upfront bar Laff and Jela are pretty limited.

Saying that though id like to see Hemmings get a few games to see if hes up to scratch.

:lol:

Naw just me and a few mates that go to the games.

If I go myself I get a lift because im a lazy bastard :D

You get the 54 to games mate ?

Na mate i usualy work Saturdays so just jump the underground from town! I get the 54 from cowcaddens home though if i dont catch the train from queen st

Ok, maybe i should have stated we need a decent right back, youve certainly not mentioned one. Granted though, RB isnt exactly a necessity.

Maybe another CB????? Really????

I thought we would have learned our lesson from the Malmo games and made sure we got in another striker and possibly another defender to make sure we got into the group stages.

We have 14 days left and need one more CB, LW and a good ST. I expect us to make one more signing between now and the deadline and that may be a loan player.

Forgot about Miller but we only had him for half the season.

You can hardly say Boogie is better than Goian when we have hardly seen the lad. Our defence last year was pish so im happy we brought in Goian and Bartley.

We might have only had Miller for half a season but he still finished as still the SPL's top goal-scorer. Like I said, we've never replaced him. This season it seems we'll pin all our hopes on Jelavic and Lafferty and their ability to stay fit, injury free, on form, and away from suspension. By the looks of things we'll keep dragging Naismith out of midfield whenever we're short up front and considering he was our POTY last season from the right-wing I don't think that's a good thing. Even when we loaned Diouf last season even he could play up front. Where's our forard options this season?

If you think Goian is going to be a better player for us than Bougherra then you're being very optimistic. Also, Bartley was a part of our defense last season too not just this season. Last season we also had Ricky Foster to cover RB.

You're right not to compaire Weiss and Ortiz because Weiss is a far superior player. Also, is there even any point listing Wylde as a possible option for the left-wing this season when Ally seems so reluctant to play him due to this contract issue?

Sure mate.

We sold miller and bougherra, and lost weiss aswell. Personally i think weir is finished, certainly needs replaced.

We've brought in goian, who i have to say looks decent, but have failed to replace miller so far, or weiss. Ortiz hasnt done much yet, and i dont know who he has replaced coz i have no idea where he'd be best suited. Sure mackay and bedoya will add something when they arrive, maybe in terms of numbers we MIGHT be slightly better off, but in terms of quality i cant see it yet.

The abuse certain members take on here for speaking their mind is incredible, usually from the members who do actually bury there heads in the sand. Ive said i'll refrain from panic until 1st september, and im doin my best to stick to that. But at the end of the day facts are facts, with 2weeks left of the transfer window, weve spent £300k on players. Anyone who says they are happy with that are either lyin, or are a tim. Sure, if we had sold a player for say £10M, we could have spent that and had a net spending of £0 and im sure wed all be happy. But thats not whats happened, wheres the fuckin front ended investment?

(tu) Cheers.

I'm not accepting Miller because we didn't have him for half of last season either. Weiss's replacement is the big problem - I agree with that. Hopefully the two new signings (Bedoya, McKay) will fill that creative gap out wide.

It's not right for people to be getting abused for speaking their mind, but at the same time it's not right for people to be abusing the playing squad, management staff, and administrative staff at our club. I'm not saying you do this, but I've seen alot of it on here. I wish we'd signed more and better players so far but I still think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Some people are too keen to see the cynical explanation behind everything.

Ok, maybe i should have stated we need a decent right back, youve certainly not mentioned one. Granted though, RB isnt exactly a necessity.

Maybe another CB????? Really????

Whittaker is a good player, just going through a wee poor patch but im sure the boo boys will hound him and Juanma is a right back but hasnt played there yet and McMillan looked decent.

A CB would normally be a priority for me but with Perry emerging we have decent options - Goian, Bartley, Weir, Perry and Broadfoot. I would be happy with Goian and Bartley as our centre backs this season but we probably need a better centre back for cover at least.

How is our 11 weaker than last year ? its practically the same apart from us getting a better left back and replacing Bougherra with Goian.

And I don't see why you're so mad, we need about 3 more signings so 2 weeks is plenty of time.

If we cant beat Maribor with that squad then something is seriously wrong.

I think that's exactly whit he's trying tae say.

Thats just stupid, what if Papac got injured ? and considering its his last season we needed a replacement.

At least if Jelavic gets injured there are some replacements. If Papac got injured we would have to play someone out of position like Broadfoot :anguish:

Papac has been one of our best and most consistent players for years yet Rangers spent £1.5m on a player who can fill the exact same position. Couldn't the signing of a LB have waited until next year given our obvious lack of cash? After all we've gone three years without cover for Papac and done well so what's the urgency. Right now we have only one striker in Jelavic and Lafferty is anything but proven and/or consistent. A striker is more of a priority than a LB. Where's Kenny Miller's replacement?

The starting 11 which blew away Hearts, Dundee utd, Kilmarnock and Motherwell are all there other than Boogie. Its best just to panic mate. It seems the way ahead!

Oh aye Kyle isnt fit but when he is he is shite anyway and its probably his fault for everything that has happened

hmmm. Lafferty is injured. So is weir. Bougherras off. Wylde isnt playing much these days. What if we get further injuries?

Im not one to panic, but im growing increasingly concerned with the lack of real investment in the playing squad, we were told by one of our greatest ever managers that we badly needed investment and players, we all knew that anyway, we all have eyes, but now it suits some of the fuckin idiots on here to say "auch we're no worse off than last season". I show concern and im a panic merchant?