Striker Required Before Window Closes

djbroxybear

I hope we get in a striker as i fear after watching the games this season it is evident one is required, we are missing too many chances Jela is not an out and out striker and neither is Lafferty. Healy is not going to get much game time he has come off bench for last 15mins of two games this season, Beattie i don't know his situation (injured again) and Hemmings is out till Xmas, Naismith is also not an out and out striker. If we get injurys to Jela and Lafferty we will struggle.

Whats your thoughts.

We needed a striker in July, fast forward to now and it's plain to see we need one even more.

We have been told by many to judge Whyte on the 1st September, come then we will no doubt be told to judge him on the 1st February, 2012.

Where is the money Mr Whyte? 3 days left to prove you are not a liar.

With the European money we've just pished against the wall - not a chance of a quality striker signing before the deadline.

We'll roll out that declared roi Arsenal kid Rhys Murphy next week and that will be it.

Really hope I'm totally wrong.

With the European money we've just pished against the wall - not a chance of a quality striker signing before the deadline.

We'll roll out that declared roi Arsenal kid Rhys Murphy next week and that will be it.

Really hope I'm totally wrong.

Would you rule out a loan move mate?

I think it will more likely be a loan mate from someone not involved with 25 man EPL squad, we need someone i know where you coming from.

We have a squad of over 30 players with several on big big wages, a striker is needed but its not financially prudent to add to those numbers. We may have to sell a few first and rightly so. We have numerous imposters in this squad and some who have incredibly just signed a new contract a month or two ago.

Would you rule out a loan move mate?

If Ally and Durranty are really that pally with Mr Villa-Boas then yes, I'd take a Chelsea striker that cant make the 25 - or one from Arsenal, Liverpool. Spurs, Man Utd, Man City etc etc etc.

A loan move looks more likely but again, I hope I'm wrong and we sign someone of quality.

We have a squad of over 30 players with several on big big wages, a striker is needed but its not financially prudent to add to those numbers. We may have to sell a few first and rightly so. We have numerous imposters in this squad and some who have incredibly just signed a new contract a month or two ago.

Agree (tu)

Why haven't we been offloading the deadwood and to think we gave Healy a new deal and the wages were paying for Beattie. Thought we may even got our fringe players out on loan Fleck etc, maybe things will speed up before now and wednesday.

If Ally and Durranty are really that pally with Mr Villa-Boas then yes, I'd take a Chelsea striker that cant make the 25 - or one from Arsenal, Liverpool. Spurs, Man Utd, Man City etc etc etc.

A loan move looks more likely but again, I hope I'm wrong and we sign someone of quality.

(tu)

every man and there dog know we badly need a new striker as jelavic will come good but its now we need goals and sorry but beattie, healy are not the answer and lafferty isnt fully fit and we all know lafferty gives us 100% when he plays but i dont see lafferty banging in 25 to 30 goals a season so whyte all that bidding money we didnt spend get your arse out and get us a decent striker

every man and there dog know we badly need a new striker as jelavic will come good but its now we need goals and sorry but beattie, healy are not the answer and lafferty isnt fully fit and we all know lafferty gives us 100% when he plays but i dont see lafferty banging in 25 to 30 goals a season so whyte all that bidding money we didnt spend get your arse out and get us a decent striker

Yip agree (tu)

Yip agree (tu)

at the end of the day m8 when you look at it ok we have brought in a few players but last year when we were in the shit we spent more money under the banks control than whytes this year how can that be ???

Agree (tu)

Why haven't we been offloading the deadwood and to think we gave Healy a new deal and the wages were paying for Beattie. Thought we may even got our fringe players out on loan Fleck etc, maybe things will speed up before now and wednesday.

Cant see it myself mate. Ally has his favourites and wont get shot of them.

at the end of the day m8 when you look at it ok we have brought in a few players but last year when we were in the shit we spent more money under the banks control than whytes this year how can that be ???

Good question i would say when Lloyds were running the club they did bring the debt down considerably but there was allot going on with un-answered questions we needed someone to take over. Whyte is to me living within his means i thought he agreed with old board to put up 5m a year for players, to date he has spent just over a million net and the money to do Ibrox came from catering contractors fee. He has paid Lloyds debt and probobly took in over 20m in season tickets, CL, etc so where we stand sounds good reading. I think the money from CL qualification was gambled on bidding for the players we did excess of 8m now were out of Europe will we spend that money i doubt it, i see a Loan signing at most. We do have a Tax Bill to pay soon which could be 4.2m we do need to offload players aswell allot of work to be done before wednesday.