Pick A World Xi

As the title says, pick a world XI that could beat barcelona. Without using any of barcas players. I know teams can beat barca but its just a bit of fun.

J.Cesar

Lahm Vidic Lucio Evra

Schweinsteiger Essien Sneijder

C.Ronaldo Drogba Rooney

Tried to mix in a little balance ability and work ethic. It was actually harder than i thought it would be.

I said when watching Man utd v City that Man utd could beat Barcelona this year , some of the stuff they are playing is sensational.

Its the same old story tho. In both champions league finals. For the first 10-15 minutes Man UTD looked like they were going to win the game. But there comes a point in the game where barca just slowly start to control the game and form triangles and retain possession. Every team seems unable to cope with this (except Real Madrid of late). Even at that Barca still manage to dominate for the most part.

I have decided to make an entirely left footed team just for the sake of it. Was quite hard actually not sure it could beat barca though.

Cech

lahm chivu chiellini Evra

Van Der Vaart Silva Ozil

Podolski Bale

Van Persie

I know Lahm isnt really left footed but is comfortable on it.

there isn't one.

Teams beat barcelona. Albeit very rarely. Theres definetly a world team that could beat them. They are** not that special. I think Real Madrid will come out on top this year. Jose Mourinho seems to have finally sussed out how to play against them, and it showed in the Super cup games even though they got beat 5-4 on agg

** happy ?

Teams beat barcelona. Albeit very rarely. Theres definetly a world team that could beat them. They're not that special. I think Real Madrid will come out on top this year. Jose Mourinho seems to have finally sussed out how to play against them, and it showed in the Super cup games even though they got beat 5-4 on agg

You must be

Teams beat barcelona. Albeit very rarely. Theres definetly a world team that could beat them. They are** not that special. I think Real Madrid will come out on top this year. Jose Mourinho seems to have finally sussed out how to play against them, and it showed in the Super cup games even though they got beat 5-4 on agg

** happy ?

there's obviously a team that could beat them, Rangers could could them if we played them 1000 times, however, you couldn't make a World XI with non Barca players that are better than them

IMO.

At this point I don't think there's any point in discussing individuals who might beat Barcelona. The fact is Barcelona can be beaten by a vastly inferior team, nevermind a world XI, but the probability is becoming ever lower. The answer to how to beat Barcelona is more a tactical one than a personnel one. And luck has a lot to do with it.

That said, those who mentioned Evra, what the shitting fuck? Have you seen him recently?

Been a big fan of Evra for a while and always preferred him to Cole but his defending for the last season or 2 has been woeful. Cole has been just as bad, personally I don't think he is a very good defensive full-back and it astounds me he get's praised and the likes of Alves/Ramos get slated. Their defensive aspects are very underrated.

Evra is absolutely dire now.

Alves has been defensively brilliant in the first few games of this season. Haven't seen much of Ramos recently except again Barcelona really, but he was great in the first leg of the supercup too. I very much agree with your whole point. The underrating of Alves in Britain (probably because he's a twat) is laughable.

Been a big fan of Evra for a while and always preferred him to Cole but his defending for the last season or 2 has been woeful. Cole has been just as bad, personally I don't think he is a very good defensive full-back and it astounds me he get's praised and the likes of Alves/Ramos get slated. Their defensive aspects are very underrated.

I disagree. Cole is better imo. Better defensively, quicker and just as good attacking. I think Alves is a good defender but the system of Barcelona completely suits him and leaves him free to charge up and down the right. If they're short at back, Busquets can drop in and make it a 3, Pique and Puyol both cover and he's not normally caught out anyway as Barcelona rarely give the ball away.

Each to their own, don't think Cole is that much faster than Evra and his defensive side is nothing great.

Watched Alves very closely last season and was surprised how often he was covering the CB's. Often got the better of Ronaldo, one of the best attacking players in the world. Alves had Ronaldo in his back pocket in the super cup second leg.

I think he's probably the best defensive left back though. Not much competition to be honest. More dodgy full backs about.

I agree. Alves is a good, maybe even very good, defender. Miles better than Maicon for me. And he was very impressive against Ronaldo a couple weeks ago. But I do think Barcelona's usual system suits him perfectly. It lets him charge forward without worrying about the space left in between and I don't think that would happen at another club. Even when he was at Sevilla, I thought he was a bit more disciplined.