Old Firm Game Ticket Price

MartinGers93

Is it me or does Old Firm games get dearer every season??? I got an e-mail today saying I could purchase a ticket for the game and I looked at the price and wasn't exactly shocked but £42 plus £1.50 booking fee is bad. I'll still pay it though (Well my da will this time) :lol::uk:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By admin

BERLIN — Borussia Dortmund fans plan a boycott of their Bundesliga derby against bitter rivals Schalke on September 19 in protest over rising ticket prices.

The match is one of four Bundesliga games this season at Schalke’s Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen where top prices will be charged and a standing-room only seat will cost 22 euros, almost eight euros more than last year.

A seat for Dortmund fans in the visitors section will cost 50 euros.

Almost 200 supporters clubs and fan groups of Dortmund have joined the protest so far and are urging their members to give back any tickets they have bought in a mass protest.

Cash-strapped Schalke signed Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Spain midfielder Jose Manuel Jurado recently and Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp said he was happy with the fans’ standpoint.

“I think it’s good that our people will not fund the transfer of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar,” Klopp told German daily Bild.

But over in Gelsenkirchen, there is confusion about why the fans are protesting.

“We have adopted the standard pricing in the league system for the top games. And we have not complained when Dortmund raised their prices for their derby matches,” said Schalke’s Chief Financial Officer Peter Peters.

As shit as it is, I reckon the OF price is increased as the club reduce youth prices. Those who buy full season tickets are not affected but those who buy standard season tickets, have to buy OF game tickets at an increased price - if they want it.

£42 is pretty expensive but their season ticket is cheap, so they can afford the extra

Supply and demand means it will be a sell out. But when are they going to learn to cut the prices for the the other lesser games. I think they wanted £28 for the Aberdeen game. £25 for the Maribor game. Were they sold out? No. So supply was greater than the expensive demand. So cut thd effin prices and I might start going every week instead of going to the pub or Internet to watch it with £28 quids worth of lager. I'd pay more to see an old firm game but a tenner is to much for some of the "entertainment" on display in other games.

20 euros for Bayern Munich v Hamburg...that's £18 or so..amazing atmosphere,a beer in the ground and top quality football.

£42 for Rangers v Celtic..atmosphere nothing to what it was,quiet for 70 minutes these days and fitba is punt and run or 100 miles an hour dross..no beer at the game and £2 for a cold pie.

We're being severely ripped off

20 euros for Bayern Munich v Hamburg...that's £18 or so..amazing atmosphere,a beer in the ground and top quality football.

£42 for Rangers v Celtic..atmosphere nothing to what it was,quiet for 70 minutes these days and fitba is punt and run or 100 miles an hour dross..no beer at the game and £2 for a cold pie.

We're being severely ripped off

you go to any championship game and the football is better and cheeper AND you can get a beer. Garbage league