Rangers Sued By Law Firm Over Unpaid Bill

trueblue68

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did hmrc know about this £2.8m tax bill (pre-whyte) or did whyte bring it up and use it as leverage to get RFC on the cheap?

The reason I ask is I'm slightly confused as to why hmrc weren't knocking on the door a long time ago looking for the poppy?

Did hmrc know about this £2.8m tax bill (pre-whyte) or did whyte bring it up and use it as leverage to get RFC on the cheap?

The reason I ask is I'm slightly confused as to why hmrc weren't knocking on the door a long time ago looking for the poppy?

From what I can remember, HMRC won a test case during the takeover which allowed them to claim back cash from other companies. Apologies if this is false.

<cr> Is it an honest answer you want? I thought with your first response to me in this thread and the last few condescending shitey replies to me you were up for a light hearted to and fro. Oh well. :blush:

Is it the Super Mojo pic you dont like? ;)

More bluster.

I'm on my phone so I wouldn't have known that it was that feenyin bastard in your picture.

I wouldn't believe the article or its tone.

I would question (1) why they would sue Rangers (I don't believe the article) and (2) why Rangers wouldn't pay the bill (e.g. shoddy advice) if remotely true.

Would you believe this then ?

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/supreme/lists/r110825_011.htm

I wouldn't believe the article or its tone.

I would question (1) why they would sue Rangers (I don't believe the article) and (2) why Rangers wouldn't pay the bill (e.g. shoddy advice) if remotely true.

I know that the papers can twist things, but do you seriously think that there was nothing submitted to court and the whole thing is a fabrication?

again says who?

again, says me :lol:

Ok, do you believe that Craig Whyte found this bill while doing due diligence and fessed up to HMRC, yet never spoke about it after buying the club. You will also note that none of the Rangers Board indicate it was Whyte that found it either and i believe that the Chairman said the bill was out of left field. (tu)

Just another wrong journalist.

The warning signs have been there all along. It's just that anybody who sounded them was automatically written of as "one of them"

As way of background, Rangers was recently taken over by a wealthy individual called Craig Whyte. As part of the due diligence, a tax bill of £1.8m plus accrued interest of £1m in connection with image rights payments to foreign 'star' players was identified, resulting in a hasty revision to the half year 2010 management accounts

To many lies, to many imponderables, to many broken promises, to many unpaid bills, thought this guy was absolutely loaded ?

One thing that gives me a small comfort is that there is no way this guy conned Murray into thinking he was loaded, which makes me wonder exactly what Murray has planned, or did plan.

Because Bain was keeping them away?

The same Lawyers are representing him in his claim against Rangers FC now, so it would make sense to "weaken" the club in preparation for the kill?

There will be nobody in a better position to furnish any Lawyers with the facts than a hurt Martin Bain.

again, says me :lol:

Ok, do you believe that Craig Whyte found this bill while doing due diligence and fessed up to HMRC, yet never spoke about it after buying the club. You will also note that none of the Rangers Board indicate it was Whyte that found it either and i believe that the Chairman said the bill was out of left field. (tu)

im only asking you to prove that whyte didnt find the bill

if you cannot prove that then just say and we can move on (tu)

The same Lawyers are representing him in his claim against Rangers FC now, so it would make sense to "weaken" the club in preparation for the kill?

There will be nobody in a better position to furnish any Lawyers with the facts than a hurt Martin Bain.

Weaken the club how, and when was he doing this?

This type of thread will have gathered swamp rhats, like flies to a shite.

Ach well, I suppose they have every right to be concerned, knowing that if their dream of us going under does not come to pass, they will remain nothing more than a wallflower in Scottish fitba.

Dream on bhoys. :uk:

I agree that some of the dealings and goings on have been a bit strange recently although this one could be worth a challenge.

Based on the fact that we have been a client of theirs in the past and not entirely that long ago but they have now taken on our former Chief Exec as a client in actions against us, surely a conflict of interest.

Companies are forever contesting legal bills and often the decision is found to be in their favour.

As way of background, Rangers was recently taken over by a wealthy individual called Craig Whyte. As part of the due diligence, a tax bill of £1.8m plus accrued interest of £1m in connection with image rights payments to foreign 'star' players was identified, resulting in a hasty revision to the half year 2010 management accounts

To many lies, to many imponderables, to many broken promises, to many unpaid bills, thought this guy was absolutely loaded ?

One thing that gives me a small comfort is that there is no way this guy conned Murray into thinking he was loaded, which makes me wonder exactly what Murray has planned, or did plan.

Slippery Dave selling Rangers FC for a £1 was a masterstroke he aint daft.

Don't see what Bain's got to do with it you keep insinuating in Bain in all of this. Whyte's not got the money he / us fans think he has.

Not enough o's. :P

Aside from that, I agree with the part about Murray. I still expect him back at the helm some day.

So what's the grand Murray plan a few are hinting at? Sell up to a broke chancer, await administration, buy us back debt free and hope nobody notices it was Murray who fucked us in the first place?

There's not enough smoke and mirrors in the world to pull that bit off. The rest of it.........