Rangers Sued By Law Firm Over Unpaid Bill

trueblue68

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that puts an end to all this excessive bill bollocks. We've agreed to pay, but have failed to do so and now face another court date with the added expense that will bring, not to mention the impression it gives.

A fucking embarrassment.

Rangers fail to pay £35k law firm bill

EXCLUSIVE MARTIN WILLIAMS

9 Sep 2011

RANGERS Football Club will face fresh embarrassment in court today after failing to settle a £35,000 bill with one of Scotland’s top law firms.

Counsel for Glasgow-based Levy & McRae are expected to apply for a decree in the Court of Session to award the firm all it is owed from the Ibrox club. It comes after Levy & McRae claimed Rangers had indicated they would pay the full sums being sued over yesterday, but failed to do so. No explanation was given, the firm said.

That is just fucking humiliating. :anguish:

I would like to know how the legal bill was calculated. Most solicitors charge fees by the hour. Even if they charge £200 per hour that is 175 hours. That is 3 weeks at a 58 hour week. If Vat is on top of the £200 per hour then that would make it 140 hours or 3 weeks at 47 hours per week. Say a legal team of two lawyers your looking at 1.5 weeks for both of them. I can't see how they can justify that amount of time. However, the bill may have been based on a percentage of the money at stake which would certainly raise the final price although I can't believe anyone would agree to this idea. In most cases, the solicitor is supposed to give you an indication of how much the fees are likely to be before they take the case. If RFC think that the bill is excessive then they should pay the original sum and argue about the balance. I suppose it is possible that the £35k is the excessive bit and we have paid the original estimate. Under normal circumstances, if a solicitors account is being contested then the Law Society of Scotland would mediate. It looks like RFC hasn't paid a coin at this stage. Unfortunately, as with all things Rangers at present, we can only speculate. We are a PR disaster.

Flights to Switzerland. Hotel bills. Lost hours whilst away to switzerland. £35k would be racked up in no time.

I want really bad to believe that Craig Whyte is the man to take us forward as a stable and prosperous club, but so far, for me, shite like this does got fill me with confidence. Now do we need to pay new lawyers to fight these lawyers (and hope that they don't overcharge) ?

Also wonder if it would bother other present, or future creditors, as it seems to be starting a trend ?

Wow. What a difference a week makes.

he's probably right about the last part, you only ever show up when there is something bad happening

ive yet to see you post in threads about favourite games, best atmosphere etc etc, if it isnt doom and gloom threads you dont post

wonder why :wink:

he's probably right about the last part, you only ever show up when there is something bad happening

ive yet to see you post in threads about favourite games, best atmosphere etc etc, if it isnt doom and gloom threads you dont post

wonder why :wink:

hmmmm - who else is good at spreading lies and myths in the hope their shortcomings are exposed ???

Thought they sounded brilliant and noisy all day. Well done lads and keep up the good work.

Not the best stadium, but the best away trip by a country mile for me was Florence. (tu)

Was in the Home end.....right beside the away end with another couple of hundred bears. Fiorentina fans were excellent as well before the game and very gracious after it. (tu)

Would have been my picks as well, though Florence certainly wasnt for the football played :lol:

Couple of other besties for me.

Dynamo Kiev at Ibrox - one of the best atmospheres to this day

2-2 Old Firm game when Woods and Butcher got sent off

PSV at Ibrox under Advocaat - We absolutely murdered them

Also, like other have said the 3-0 Lyon game was incredible. Party atmosphere and remember us all looking at each other at the end and thinking though not saying, did we just hump them 3-0 having had 3 chances versus their 40. :lol:

Very surreal night.

It might seem like tough work at times but if you all keep at it, i guarantee more will want to move to that area and next season it could be BF2 and even BF3.

Keep at it lads and well done for the songbook as well.

Great example setting and one the club can be proud of (tu)