Yesterdays Game

kplfishtank

whilst being at the match theres a few things i seen but havent had the benefit of television monitors after

1 was it a dive , ive read houston and he said blatant penalty but none of the players on the park seem to protest too much

2 why does the ref give the benefit to attacking team on one occasion but refuses it on another? we tried to take a quick free kick to release a player in on goal...brings it back for a foul to us

they get a shot away after a foul but he goes back and gives a free kick

3 teams would be fucked if it wasnt for our support, looking round that ground yesterday and it was clear for all to see that rangers and celtic keep these teams afloat.

4 there is no 4 but i thought 3 points wasnt enough for an OP :D

whilst being at the match theres a few things i seen but havent had the benefit of television monitors after

1 was it a dive , ive read houston and he said blatant penalty but none of the players on the park seem to protest too much

2 why does the ref give the benefit to attacking team on one occasion but refuses it on another? we tried to take a quick free kick to release a player in on goal...brings it back for a foul to us

3 teams would be fucked if it wasnt for our support, looking round that ground yesterday and it was clear for all to see that rangers and celtic keep these teams afloat.

1. Could very easily have been given. The ball took the slightest of slight touches off Goian's foot which could only have been visible from the replay, without a doubt. I was surprised it wasn't a pen and feel we got let off the hook a bit. Seen them given.

2. It was Calum Murray in charge, no need to go any further :D

3. Yep, look as though a full pitch side stand and behind the goal was Rangers fans?

4. Here we go, 4 in a row :D

The Utd assistant said Rankin (?) went down too easily, and was never a penalty. Seen them given though.

Swanson.

I'm sick of seeing these players dragging their foot as a challenge comes in, so that they make contact with the defender.

Diving bastard, and Goian got a touch on the ball.

1. According to TV replays there was contact. Penalty. :anguish:

2. The Ref had to book the Dundee Utd player for the foul which we tried to take quickly. I don't think the one he gave them earned our player a booking and therefore, he could allow the game to flow. (I think!).

3. As I keep saying, Rangers FC owe nothing to Scottish Football. If anything, they owe us. Big time. And this is why we should boycott any club who do us any serious harm or try to discredit us. It would only need to happen 1 or 2 times and they'd sit up and take notice.

4. No sure aboot this wan. <cr>

1. According to TV replays there was contact. Penalty. :anguish:

2. The Ref had to book the Dundee Utd player for the foul which we tried to take quickly. I don't think the one he gave them earned our player a booking and therefore, he could allow the game to flow. (I think!).

3. As I keep saying, Rangers FC owe nothing to Scottish Football. If anything, they owe us. Big time. And this is why we should boycott any club who do us any serious harm or try to

discredit us. It would only need to happen 1 or 2 times and they'd sit up and take notice.

4. No sure aboot this wan. <cr>

Goian touched the ball clearly - no Pen

Was never a penalty.I was sitting in line with it and the expression on the Referees face said it all.He wasnt taken in and Swanson made an arse of himself looking for it.We did carry a good support yesterday but I was puzzled by what set off both sets of fans at the Home end with about 15-20 minutes to go.Any idea? And what about the Polis at half time looking for shite at the Rangers end? Seems some fan with a banner got ejected/arrested before he passed the banner into the crowd and there was a bit of pass the parcel wi the Polis.

1) Never a penalty. Swanson 'dived' before any contact with Dorin. DU Assistant said never a penalty as well.

2) Surely the ref can book the player at the next opportunity. Nothing says he has to book him right away.

3) yup. And pretty sure we take more supporters away than the filth. We have higher attendances at away fixtures than them.

1) Never a penalty. Swanson 'dived' before any contact with Dorin. DU Assistant said never a penalty as well.

2) Surely the ref can book the player at the next opportunity. Nothing says he has to book him right away.

3) yup. And pretty sure we take more supporters away than the filth. We have higher attendances at away fixtures than them.

Once the referee has decided to issue a card, play must not be restarted until the sanction has been administered.

I like my rules better. :uk:

But we see cards given retrospectively -- such as when advantage is played......

Retrospective cards are different. When the advantage rule is applied, the card must be issued at the next stoppage in play.

With the situation in the Rangers game, play was already stopped, so the referee had to issue the card before the free kick could be taken.

Swanson.

I'm sick of seeing these players dragging their foot as a challenge comes in, so that they make contact with the defender.

Diving bastard, and Goian got a touch on the ball.

I hate to say it but Naismith does this with every challenge....but it is still a penalty. The pen we got against ICT when Tokely came in from behind Naisy... he played the ball but Naisy left his leg back in order to be caught = Penalty! If a player is late with a challenge and can make contact with the player .... then why pull your leg out the way. The only reason why it wasn't a pen yesterday is cause Goian touched the ball first. Shouldnt have been a yellow in my opinion.

Need to be careful withthis next weekend cause the taigs throw themselves to the ground at every opportunity whether and don't even try and pretend by leaving a foot in! Altho in saying that ... they cannae score from the spot anyway! :)