Rangers Fans And Scotland...

graeme_4

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep i support scotland despite being from england...like with rangers i simply had no choice, have been to many scotland games and yes i am disapointed more often then not!

Why, when faced with the chance of watching England or Scotland would you choose to follow the sweaty socks?

Honestly think the complete lack of success over many years has led to a lot of apathy amongst fans.All of my life Scotland have served to frustrate but more often than not we were making the World Cup finals so that was a degree of success.Then we had the England match every year which was a game entirely without equal anywhere so that was always great to look forward to especially at Wembley.We also had a few really top Players as well so it was usually worth watching.Nowadays I watch on the TV more in hope no matter who we play rather than with conviction.Our football standards have really slipped and at this stage of the game I wouldnt oppose a GB team.I cant think of one current Scot who would come anyhwere near some of the truly greats that played for us through the 60's,70's and 80's.

I started going to Scotland games in early 80s and the support was dominated by Rangers fans then. I think it was the end of the Home Internationals that finally killed it off for me but I've not been since the early 1990s. The passion* was gone, ultimately playing England was important to the psyche of following Scotland and without that it was hard to care. I mean Lichtenstein, c'mon, how worked up can you get unless you really hate pop art.

I will always watch or at least listen now and during the game I get as caught up in it as I do Rangers games. But outside of the 90 minutes I don't take a lot of interest, I've no idea what time the kick-off is tomorrow for example.

Football is nothing without passion*.

*See Atlantic League and leaving the SPL threads passim.

Honestly think the complete lack of success over many years has led to a lot of apathy amongst fans.All of my life Scotland have served to frustrate but more often than not we were making the World Cup finals so that was a degree of success.Then we had the England match every year which was a game entirely without equal anywhere so that was always great to look forward to especially at Wembley.We also had a few really top Players as well so it was usually worth watching.Nowadays I watch on the TV more in hope no matter who we play rather than with conviction.Our football standards have really slipped and at this stage of the game I wouldnt oppose a GB team.I cant think of one current Scot who would come anyhwere near some of the truly greats that played for us through the 60's,70's and 80's.

McGregor and/or Gordon would, we weren't well served by keepers then.

You can have answers to all your questions by using the search function...someone asks this question every single Scotland game and gets the response and debate that you are no doubt praying for

Why would I be praying for responses? Would I not be cool if everyone dingied it? Is your self esteem so low that if you don't get a desired amount of responses to a post it upsets you?

Just trying to have discussion about Rangers fans and Scotland, because Scotland are playing this week. No need to act like a condescending bellend.

Why would I be praying for responses? Would I not be cool if everyone dingied it? Is your self esteem so low that if you don't get a desired amount of responses to a post it upsets you?

Just trying to have discussion about Rangers fans and Scotland, because Scotland are playing this week. No need to act like a condescending bellend.

Same old fishing post we have every single international week, like you it's boring as fuck....

I am actually pretty surprised by so many people saying they don't care. I live in Canada and have done for the last 20 years (I am only 30). Even now I am still pissed when Scotland loses. I'll agree that it's not to the extent of how I feel if the Gers don't perform but I would love to see Scotland progress to a major tournament. Maybe people are just expecting that we are going to be crap and maybe that is why interest is low. It has for a long time been the same old shite with the Scotland team!

Same old fishing post we have every single international week, like you it's boring as fuck....

Well plenty of people have posted on here. If you think it's boring why post in it?

And boring as fuck? From a guy who likes South Park. Gees peace.