The myth that 9IAR is to blame

Not sure about the rest of them but didn't Gattuso leave us for £1m to Salernitana then something like £7m the following summer to AC Milan?

i'm going by what wiki says so not 100% sure.

i remember there being a problem at the time getting the full fee from salernitana, can't remember what happened with that exactly.

I'd be interested to know just how that could be done.

Not certain as to which bit you're referring to, but I assume it's the "revoking of NIAR". I don't think they ever could do that. They're just trying to convince themselves, which is never difficult, that we cheated our way to our 2nd NIAR.

Not certain as to which bit you're referring to, but I assume it's the "revoking of NIAR". I don't think they ever could do that. They're just trying to convince themselves, which is never difficult, that we cheated our way to our 2nd NIAR.

Yes, I was referring to that.

I don't think even timothy could delude himself that anyone would listen to that kind of shite.

Fuck Mark Guidi, Nuremburg Shug and all the rest of they cunts. Lot of pish about 9 in a row leaving us where we are now. I am sure I am not the only bear who would rather have won 9 in a row than not reaching that target. If anything we are where we are in part due to the Advocaat years plus the years under Eck, PLG and Smith where a lot of money was wasting paying off players or keeping players who werent playing and picking up a decent wage. Whatever happens we will still have many happy memories of the past 25 years and they will never take that away from us.

To be completely fair to Advocaat the team did need rebuilt when Walter left and even Eck continued to win trophies with the bulk of his team.

I suppose the problem was that Murray saw big spending with a top European manager at the helm as the chance to take the big step up from being a successful club in Scotland to being a successful club in Europe ... needless to say it didn't work