This won't be popular but.......

Carsons Dog

Just watching the Aberdeen game again and i'm still phukked what everyone raves about Edu for.

He is still like a headless chicken, his first touch is poor and he continues to make leg breaking passes to team mates.

Sorry all you Edu lovers but I still dont think he brings enough to the team.

(shows how shite the TV is when i'm watching re-runs)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching the Aberdeen game again and i'm still phukked what everyone raves about Edu for.

He is still like a headless chicken, his first touch is poor and he continues to make leg breaking passes to team mates.

Agreed - but he's still a better option than Jig.

Aberdeen game hmmmm... remind me again, Davis play well?

Point is... you could have picked most other games recently and come to a different conclusion about Edu, but if you want to pick the one where most of the midfield were shite and single him out then fair enough (tu)

Point is... you could have picked most other games recently and come to a different conclusion about Edu, but if you want to pick the one where most of the midfield were shite and single him out then fair enough (tu)

:lol: As soon as I read the OP I knew it wouldn't be long until someone mentioned Davis. Davis on an off day is still better than Edu. The expectations of Davis are much higher so if he only plays OK instead of brilliant it's made out he was shite, whereas if Edu plays OK instead of shite it's made out he was brilliant.

Start a thread about Davis if thats what you want.

I've yet to see anything from Edu to convince me he has deserved 100 games in the Rangers team.

You can't say that about Davis.

:lol: As soon as I read the OP I knew it wouldn't be long until someone mentioned Davis. Davis on an off day is still better than Edu. The expectations of Davis are much higher so if he only plays OK instead of brilliant it's made out he was shite, whereas if Edu plays OK instead of shite it's made out he was brilliant.

It's true though... Davis has been garbage as of late, but that's ok because he has the ability to deliver and is proven.

Edu goes back to having an off game, after what can be said was a decent run of games and all of a sudden, he's singled out again, even though others including Davis, were worse.

Just my opinion.......

It's true though... Davis has been garbage as of late, but that's ok because he has the ability to deliver and is proven.

Edu goes back to having an off game, after what can be said was a decent run of games and all of a sudden, he's singled out again, even though others including Davis, were worse.

Just my opinion.......

Ditto 00000042.gif

I've yet to see anything from Edu to convince me he has deserved 100 games in the Rangers team.

I did... a while back, and one for Jelavic.

Jela has improved since and is getting there.... Davis has been poor.

Edu on the other hand, has been consistently ok/good with Aberdeen being the exception, where the midfield as a whole weren't up to scratch.

That said, we won and Aberdeen didn't create a massive amount of chances.

Obviously Walter and now Ally see something in him that warrants him playing the games he does.

I'm not a big fan of Edu but a blind man could see he has come on to a good game for us.

I agree he's certainly much better, I think he's working harder at harassing players as well.

However, i'd like to add: he has had a couple of assists but, how many midfielders don't? Really it's part of their job. I question his vision and creativity, some of the decisions i see him making during a game really pisses me off. So many times when he could have cut open the opposition or put a striker through, but instead passes it onto the wing.

But like i said, he is getting better and i can only hope this improvement continues.

I agree he's certainly much better, I think he's working harder at harassing players as well.

However, i'd like to add: he has had a couple of assists but, how many midfielders don't? Really it's part of their job. I question his vision and creativity, some of the decisions i see him making during a game really pisses me off. So many times when he could have cut open the opposition or put a striker through, but instead passes it onto the wing.

But like i said, he is getting better and i can only hope this improvement continues.

Because he is usually told to break it up and pass it on to Davis and let him get on with the creative bit of the game.