The undeniable case for Walter Smith getting a Knighthood.

Colonel Mustard

Maybe it's only stupid to people who don't think that countries should have honours, to decorate its citizens.

Why would you object to Walter getting an honour such as a Knighthood?

Simple - he's no lover of Royalty (self-confessed that one on another thread) and Her Majesty the Queen would be involved in the knighthood ceremony.

Loch71 would collapse in a heap at such a thought. :uk:

Simple - he's no lover of Royalty (self-confessed that one on another thread) and Her Majesty the Queen would be involved in the knighthood ceremony.

Loch71 would collapse in a heap at such a thought. :uk:

He's no lover of Royalty....? You say that as if I've started a club with only one member. Plenty of people share my views on monarchy mate

He's no lover of Royalty....? You say that as if I've started a club with only one member. Plenty of people share my views on monarchy mate

Stating a self-confessed fact - you are no lover of Royalty.

Ipso facto - a republican.

I guess you'll be loving it these days in Gruppenfuhrer Bug-Eyes SNP Scotland? :sherlock:

Stating a self-confessed fact - you are no lover of Royalty.

Ipso facto - a republican.

I guess you'll be loving it these days in Gruppenfuhrer Bug-Eyes SNP Scotland? :sherlock:

Not you as well? Get some new patter FFS

As for Salmond...remind of the alternatives and what was there before? Iain Grey, Jim Murphy of New Labour. A party that had power in Scotland for nearly 50 years and did zilch for this country

Not you as well? Get some new patter FFS

As for Salmond...remind of the alternatives and what was there before? Iain Grey, Jim Murphy of New Labour. A party that had power in Scotland for nearly 50 years and did zilch for this country

A double-outing in one day - you're doing well in the 'accidental fessing up' department. :sherlock:

A republican and an Alex Bug-Eyes fan.

Fuck the SNP, Fuck the SNP, Fuck the SNP. :rolleyes:

A double-outing in one day - you're doing well in the 'accidental fessing up' department. :sherlock:

You typed that 3 times mate. Good for you.

I see you didn't actually answer the question...

At least the idiot knows that bawface only won because he had no opposition.

Still don't understand why he's tolerated on here....

Without a doubt one of the best managers Scotland has ever produced. Im sure though similar arguments could be made for people like Kenny Dagliesh, Bob Paisley, Brian Clough, Bill Shankley. When you think none of those guys got (yet to get) a nighthood it shows its not an easy club for a football manager to join.

If Smith had been successful in England he would have without a doubt been a prime candidate. I still think he has a few years in him and think he probably feels he has some unfinished business down south.

Going back to the OP. Yes he should be knighted looking at some of the mugs on that list, him and every name I mentioned too.

I think some people on this site should track back some of their own posts, about this debate, bearing in mind that a vast majority, not a minority, wanted Walter Smith, and Ally McCoist sacked from their positions at Ibrox only last season. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but if my memory serves me right, I'd say a lot of people contributing to this debate, are plying double standards.

I think some people on this site should track back some of their own posts, about this debate, bearing in mind that a vast majority, not a minority, wanted Walter Smith, and Ally McCoist sacked from their positions at Ibrox only last season. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but if my memory serves me right, I'd say a lot of people contributing to this debate, are plying double standards.

Name names.

You not contesting the fact that Lhabour had decades to sort out Scotland and did fuck all about it?

That Gray, McConnell, Alexander and co all have the charisma of a burst sanny?

I'm no lover of SNP policies but by christ they're at least a better option than Lhabour/Lib Dems for the time being.

Name names.

Just scroll back to near the end of last season Colonel, the records dont lie mate. I'm not in a fantasy world,just stating what some peoples opinions were, but of course there are some who will have forgotten all this. Cant you remember Colonel ?

Just scroll back to near the end of last season Colonel, the records dont lie mate. I'm not in a fantasy world,just stating what some peoples opinions were, but of course there are some who will have forgotten all this. Cant you remember Colonel ?

I'm a newbie on RM, so wasn't here last season.

I just thought you had some blaggards to expose on the thread.

I'm a newbie on RM, so wasn't here last season.

I just thought you had some blaggards to expose on the thread.

Sorry mate I thought you were having a go at me, I have only recently registered on this site too, enjoyed reading all the posts, then plucked up the courage to join. I cant say what page it would be on,but when we had a few dodgy results last season, the wolves were out snarling at Walter & Ally's ankles, all I am saying is that I bet some of these people, are now calling for a knighthood. :beer1:

Sorry mate I thought you were having a go at me, I have only recently registered on this site too, enjoyed reading all the posts, then plucked up the courage to join. I cant say what page it would be on,but when we had a few dodgy results last season, the wolves were out snarling at Walter & Ally's ankles, all I am saying is that I bet some of these people, are now calling for a knighthood. :beer1:

How dare people, on the internet of all places, change their mind?!?!?!

I mean really, the sheer audacity of it all.

Maybe your rite, maybe your wrong jimmy, but I tend to look upon myself as a Loyal supporter, and in my humble opinion, Loyal means Loyal

Maybe your rite, maybe your wrong jimmy, but I tend to look upon myself as a Loyal supporter, and in my humble opinion, Loyal means Loyal

Maybe your right, maybe your wrong jimmy, but I class myself as a Loyal supporter, and by Loyal, I mean Loyal