McGregor

ps95v7

Still sick,

Just a question well two "Why does McGregor not come for cross balls?" Did anyone notice his positioning at the free kick that led to the corner(good save)that led to the goal, I thought he was to far out his goal at the free kick mid 18 yard box if he was back further rhe would have caught the ball.

Not looking for scapegoats we were beat 1-0 and there is a long way to go but it still F####N Hurts. We can bleat on all day about the goal that we never got it will change nothing.

Our recent displays have been terrible and sore to watch. Next up Motherwell if it is anything like the past displays it does not whet the appetite.

Committing for cross balls in weather like last night would of been goalkeeping suicide, you'd fumble/miss more than you got. Every goalkeeper in the world would find it very difficult last night as the flight path of the ball was completely unpredictable. The CB's struggled badly too with the swirling wind, and a lot of scrappy headers and duffed clearances.

On that subject, Forster is awful at cross balls in good weather, why oh why did we not ask more questions of him with corners/crosses with the strong wings last night?

He could have read the first 5 chapters of War and Peace last night before even remotely looked like troubling him. How poor was that second-half?

Committing for cross balls in weather like last night would of been goalkeeping suicide, you'd fumble/miss more than you got. Every goalkeeper in the world would find it very difficult last night as the flight path of the ball was completely unpredictable. The CB's struggled badly too with the swirling wind, and a lot of scrappy headers and duffed clearances.

On that subject, Forster is awful at cross balls in good weather, why oh why did we not ask more questions of him with corners/crosses with the strong wings last night?

First half we should have been firing shots at him in the wind.

for everyone saying keepers can't come for crosses in that wind. I'm sorry but when you have your opponents swinging dangerous inswinging corners into your 6 yard box your keeper has to come out. Either that or you put 5 men on the goal line and tell them to attack the ball

for everyone saying keepers can't come for crosses in that wind. I'm sorry but when you have your opponents swinging dangerous inswinging corners into your 6 yard box your keeper has to come out. Either that or you put 5 men on the goal line and tell them to attack the ball

you very rarely see keepers coming to collect in-swinging balls which come into the 6 yard box - especially if you dont use zonal marking. usually you would have your tallest player (lafferty) at the front of the 6 yard box ready to clear the danger with your next tallest player somewhere near the far post (usually goian) in case it beats the first player.

the only time a keeper should come is if its:

a) floated in

b) they're guaranteed to get the ball

c) they dont have faith in their defenders.

on that basis allan mcgregor was right to stay on his line. i would have expected kirk broadfoot to beat that 4 foot 5 ledley as well. (although in hindsight nothing should be expected of kirk broadfoot).

listen, how the fuck can shagger come for a ball when taig A is in front of you and taig B is behind you, blocking all routes to come for a ball, if we pulled the same stunt as them last night we would have been pulled up.

fucking fed up with that, macdonald was very guilty of it, so was wilkie for utd

A few years ago Alan had a real problem leaving his 6 yard box; for the last few seasons he has grown in stature and confidence and commanded the box well: like all good goalkeepers do. Recently though I have seen him back to some of his old ways and I wonder if he isn't lacking in confidence at times. His form has not been great: a few mistakes that could have cost us matches at times, and maybe have cost us the odd game