Is this the end for McKay?

G.E.C.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Matt McKay warm up at half time with the other subs yesterday and the boy cuts a lonely figure.

Then to put the boot in further, Ally brings RIGHT BACK Jordan McMillan on to play in MIDFIELD.

Something seriously wrong.

I guess he will be pretty down at the moment mate! It's not easy moving to the other side of the world from a hot place like Brisbane to a cold hole like Scotland, especially when things are not going the way you hoped they would.

Was looking forward to seeing this guy flourishing but I'll just put it down to him being over hyped on here by Our overseas bears, if not that I'll just say it's down to the man himself to try and get the most out of this move.

I honestly couldn't care less about any player jeopardising their chances at playing internationally. You are playing for Rangers, if you are told to sit on the bench you sit on the fucking bench.

If McKay wants to leave he can leave, but it will be downhill from here for him. In my experience only 3 players have left Rangers and went on to better things. If he wants out after only 6 months then I don't want him at Ibrox.

I suppose you would be quite happy to see him move to Wellington Phoenix, Samuel :craphead: and McKay has NEVER said he wants to leave.

And the way things are going, I think playing for Albion Rovers would be better for Mckay at this moment than not playing at all.

I honestly couldn't care less about any player jeopardising their chances at playing internationally. You are playing for Rangers, if you are told to sit on the bench you sit on the fucking bench.

If McKay wants to leave he can leave, but it will be downhill from here for him. In my experience only 3 players have left Rangers and went on to better things. If he wants out after only 6 months then I don't want him at Ibrox.

Arteta

Van Bronckhorst

Gattuso

???

Was looking forward to seeing this guy flourishing but I'll just put it down to him being over hyped on here by Our overseas bears, if not that I'll just say it's down to the man himself to try and get the most out of this move.

Overhyped? Are you telling me a player that performed extremely well when Australia beat a decent Germany side (in Germany) less than a year ago cannot get a game in our side when it is clear that we have been struggling in the middle of the park for months?

I don't think this has been the case of McKay not being good enough. Jesus H Christ, we've had McCulloch playing in the middle of the park FFS. I think he is definately in the doghouse with McCoist over his training comments IMO

You could argue that all 3 were destined for better things and Rangers was the making of them.In Adams case that to me was a genuine fcuk up.

You could also say that Ross McCormack also went onto better things. He ended up playing regular football that enabled him to attain Scottish caps

You could argue that all 3 were destined for better things and Rangers was the making of them.In Adams case that to me was a genuine fcuk up.

Sorry disagree.

Arteta and Bronckhorst were already well established players in their respective countries.

And I think we made a mistake with both Gattuso and Adam.

Anyway, we digress..................

Are people really making out McKay is a world superstar? It's not that he is the ultimate player, or go onto great great things at another club, it's that we've been lacking so much in midfield and had a proven (in internationals at least) good solution either on the bench or not even in the squad.

You could also say that Ross McCormack also went onto better things. He ended up playing regular football that enabled him to attain Scottish caps

Dont think I could quite buy that one.The point I was trying to make about the others was that they had age on their side as well as ability and went on to prove themselves at the highest level.In Matt McKay's case his big break is Rangers.If he doesnt cut it here then its unlikely he will move to a bigger club where he will cut it.

Sorry disagree.

Arteta and Bronckhorst were already well established players in their respective countries.

And I think we made a mistake with both Gattuso and Adam.

Anyway, we digress..................

Van Bronkhorst - Yes. Arteta - No.He didnt establish himself at Barcelona although I seem to think he was Captain of the Spanish under 21 side.The other 2 I completely agree with you.

:lol:Well it looks as if i'll have to jump ship to Sydney FC next season :craphead:

May just have to be a trade off after I take the poor thing to Arbroath on Sunday. Poor girl doesn't know what she's getting herself into :lol:

You surely are NOT SERIOUS about teaming up with that fucking lot of scum bawbags that call themselves "The Cove" after their performance against our fans when we played against Blackburn Rovers at the SFS in 2010, are you? :anguish:

I'd rather travel up the F3 and support the Mariners than support fucking Snidey FC, mate! Have you lost all your self respect? :D

Arbroath is quite a nice wee place with some great pubs in it, but she will get a mighty shock at Gayfield Park, that's for sure :lol: Just make sure she's well rugged up and got her crampons with her...Fuck! that's the cauldest park i've ever been in....Just don't tell her she has to go get the ball if it gets hoofed oot the ground...and don't stand at the East terrace without an umbrella...unless you want to get drowned by the waves off the North Sea. doh

According to Mckay he is now settled and doesnt want away wacko.gif

RANGERS misfit Matt McKay today vowed to fight for his first-team place at Ibrox after a disappointing start to his career in Scotland.

The Australian winger has only played in three games for the Scottish champions since joining from Brisbane Roar back in August.

The 28-year-old internationalist’s failure to feature in Ally McCoist’s plans has led to speculation he could quit and return Down Under.

However, the player said: “I am all settled. I am really comfortable in Glasgow, I have found my favourite places to eat and shop and I live near the training ground so it’s easy to get around.

“I get along well with the whole squad. They are a great bunch. I understand most people, a few boys in the team I struggle with but I’m not too bad.

“I’ve enjoyed it so far, just want to be helping the team on the park when I get a chance.

“No one likes it when they’re not playing, but I’m sure Coisty has his reasons and the team is the most important thing. I want Rangers to be winning.”

Many Rangers fans feel the Ibrox team has been missing a spark in the final third in recent weeks and would like to see McKay given an extended run.

Speaking to the Oceania Rangers Supporters Club website, McKay thanked the supporters for their backing and urged them to get behind the team. He said: “I appreciate the support of the fans, they have been great and the boys really need all their support to push us towards the title.”

McKay spent six years at Brisbane Roar before clinching his dream move to Rangers and he admitted the change in football culture has been a shock to the system.

He said: “Training is very different to the Roar. Roar was very tactical and structured while here it is just games.”

Meanwhile, Young Boys of Berne general manager Ilja Kaenzig said the prospect of selling English right- back Scott Sutter to Rangers would “certainly be an interesting possibility”.

Elsewhere, McCoist has been linked with a move to bring Nacho Novo back to Rangers if Nikica Jelavic moves on this month.

The 32-year-old, who joined La Liga club Sporting Gijon 18 months ago, was back in Glasgow over the festive period and trained with the Gers squad at Murray Park.

Here is a link to the ORSA Interview

http://oceaniarsa.com/

I see this has been regurgitated by the evening times yesterday, his interview was mainly positive. His comment about training wasn't necessarily negative. Could be considered that if there is more work on structure and tactics it is because the manager thinks the team don't have natural footballing skills to just go out and win games?

the best player never to kick a ball for Rangers.....

Zzzzzzz.....

Who is saying that? Most people just want this guy to have a chance considering...

1. He is a recognised central midfielder

2. Our midfield has been truly woeful over the last 3 months

Is that hard to understand?

the fact he has won Football Media Association Player of the Year 2010–11 proves that he has earned a game to at least prove himself in a rangers jersey.

if it has been the result of a fallout between the manager for whatever reason this can just prove that ally needs to improve as a manager, cut out the immaturity and put the club first.

judging by out match day warm up I don't think Super could disagree with training sessions at other clubs being more structured, but small sided games works for the best clubs in the world so not really sure it's that much of a criticism.

I don't like the fact that Ally appears to hold a grudge far too easily. Obviously this is based on my opinion (and a few others) that it is a personal thing that's gone on. Fleck fell out with him when he was assistant and get's overlooked for months till he's needed and the same rough treatment of McKay.

All this when a statement is made to the press about Fleck (I think) not getting a game because of in form players....and both Fleck and McKay would be been great to help us retain possession and adapt our style.

Anyway, delighted with the way we played at times yesterday but seriously worried about the vendetta style management that appears to be in place.

Matt goes with my best wishes (if he goes).

Zzzzzzz.....

Who is saying that? Most people just want this guy to have a chance considering...

1. He is a recognised central midfielder

2. Our midfield has been truly woeful over the last 3 months

Is that hard to understand?

the hyperbole over this guy is laughable to be honest.

hope he comes good but the over the top wailing and gnashing of teeth for this poor wee footballer is laughable.

judging by out match day warm up I don't think Super could disagree with training sessions at other clubs being more structured, but small sided games works for the best clubs in the world so not really sure it's that much of a criticism.

I don't like the fact that Ally appears to hold a grudge far too easily. Obviously this is based on my opinion (and a few others) that it is a personal thing that's gone on. Fleck fell out with him when he was assistant and get's overlooked for months till he's needed and the same rough treatment of McKay.

All this when a statement is made to the press about Fleck (I think) not getting a game because of in form players....and both Fleck and McKay would be been great to help us retain possession and adapt our style.

Anyway, delighted with the way we played at times yesterday but seriously worried about the vendetta style management that appears to be in place.

Matt goes with my best wishes (if he goes).

When people start making reasons up not to like our manager then you need to laugh....

When people start making reasons up not to like our manager then you need to laugh....

The guy is passing on a point of view as he sees it. You very very rarely give an actual viewpoint. So pray tell your view rather than mocking the guy.

Was it widely publicised that Ally had a problem with Fleck last year Y/N

Also how do you know the same thing has not happened between Ally and McKay . Aussieranger put a link up regarding McKays comments on training.

Also do you know for sure that Ally is not the type of guy that would hold a grudge?.