Is this the end for McKay?

G.E.C.

It is CERTAINLY NOT my opinion. I haven't seen enough of him to judge. I was merely suggesting that perhaps the reason why he isn't picked is because the man picking the team doesn't rate him.

Calm calm. Am pulling your pisser :lol:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People without the facts on this issue really need to try and refrain from laying any blame at te club or ally when McKay is concerned, there could be endless things that are the issue.

People without the facts on this issue really need to try and refrain from laying any blame at te club or ally when McKay is concerned, there could be endless things that are the issue.

The only issue that's important is that McCoist signed him a few months ago, nobody forced him to, he indentified him as a player he wanted.

If McKay is really that shocking that he doesn't deserve a chance ahead of McCulloch then it's Ally's fault for not being more careful with his signings. Every manager has failed signings but generally they'll have had a decent amount of playing time before it's decided they're not good enough.

The only issue that's important is that McCoist signed him a few months ago, nobody forced him to, he indentified him as a player he wanted.

If McKay is really that shocking that he doesn't deserve a chance ahead of McCulloch then it's Ally's fault for not being more careful with his signings. Every manager has failed signings but generally they'll have had a decent amount of playing time before it's decided they're not good enough.

the question then will be how big an issue do people want to make it.

Is this ample enough of an issue to get at anyone.

This for me (tu)

Would hate him to go without seeing him get a few starts. If he does then surely its a black eye for our scouting system, and another waste of our already scarce finances.

Unless of course, there is something going on in the background we know hee haw about.

He's not a one off case though, and you would think more thought would go into some of these signings (and yes, credit where its due for the good ones), especially when we are all saying that now we have to sell before we can buy. (td)

Top class scouts, who go looking at players year round should be a given (with the size of the CL pot at stake also) for a club of our size. They can make/save us a fortune IMO.

Maybe McKay's just pish? Bar Dundee utd away for 10 minutes,he's hardly looked lively.

When alan gow wasn't getting a game, it was because he was pish, despite only ever actually playing twice, picking up a motm in one of them. But because McKay's played for Australia, he's a world beater.

He's probabley pish.

Maybe McKay's just pish? Bar Dundee utd away for 10 minutes,he's hardly looked lively.

When alan gow wasn't getting a game, it was because he was pish, despite only ever actually playing twice, picking up a motm in one of them. But because McKay's played for Australia, he's a world beater.

He's probabley pish.

Surely he cannot be so bad that Ally would rather shoehorn defenders like Bartley and Papac into the midfield, or play useless cluggers like McCulloch. I cannot believe that a player said by the aussies on here to be a good passer, with a lot of energy, can be worse option that the other players mentioned.

He's probabley pish.

It's hard to take that comment serious considering your user name is ricksen_da_best....

He's probabley pish.

Then why the hell did we sign him? Can he really so SO bad that he doesn't deserve a run of games before that being decided?

He's probabley pish.

Funnily enough, when Alan Gow was being left out in the cold I remember similar rumours circulating about him not fitting in due to his attitude to training and fitness differing greatly from the management.

Strange one altogether, the Australian bears on here have nothing but good to say about the man, i cant give an opinion either way until i see him play, i might have to go a long way for that now, Ortiz/Bedoya they look pretty average and imo they can go, but i'd like the Aussie to get a few games to back up the praise from down under.

Strange one altogether, the Australian bears on here have nothing but good to say about the man, i cant give an opinion either way until i see him play, i might have to go a long way for that now, Ortiz/Bedoya they look pretty average and imo they can go, but i'd like the Aussie to get a few games to back up the praise from down under.

This. I think it's an absolute disgrace what coisty has done tbh. Hopefully he will get a run out against arbroath and given a chance to impress. If he goes without getting the chance well ally will go right down my list of Christmas card list

Funnily enough, when Alan Gow was being left out in the cold I remember similar rumours circulating about him not fitting in due to his attitude to training and fitness differing greatly from the management.

Well Gow certainly proved Walter and co wrong with the glittering career he went on to have :sherlock:

Well Gow certainly proved Walter and co wrong with the glittering career he went on to have :sherlock:

Or did they knock his confidence so badly it affected him more than others given that he is quite a shy and introverted person.

Gow never played for Scotland but McKay plays for Australia. That in itself suggests he has a decent level of talent which merits a go in our team to see if he is indeed good enough. Someone went to a lot of trouble to sign him so they must have known what they were getting before deciding he was not good enough.

Does that in itself not set alarm bells ringing about our manager or our scouts?

Or did they knock his confidence so badly it affected him more than others given that he is quite a shy and introverted person.

Gow never played for Scotland but McKay plays for Australia. That in itself suggests he has a decent level of talent which merits a go in our team to see if he is indeed good enough. Someone went to a lot of trouble to sign him so they must have known what they were getting before deciding he was not good enough.

Does that in itself not set alarm bells ringing about our manager or our scouts?

It should.

I couldnt tell yae but Alan Gow was fucking horrific

Im just offering up that 9 times out of 10 these guys seeing ANY player training and playing they have more of a clue than us. He could be a superstar or he could be shite. I would like to see him play, but someone may be making our signings and it might not be Ally...

I couldnt tell yae but Alan Gow was fucking horrific

Im just offering up that 9 times out of 10 these guys seeing ANY player training and playing they have more of a clue than us. He could be a superstar or he could be shite. I would like to see him play, but someone may be making our signings and it might not be Ally...

And Super would accept that? If true, he aint the man most folk think he is.

And Super would accept that? If true, he aint the man most folk think he is.

It just seems so strange a manager would chase Ortiz, Bedoya, Mckay and none of them feature. Indeed players like Papac are deemed better to play in their position infront of them. Just seems a strange set up imo

It just seems so strange a manager would chase Ortiz, Bedoya, Mckay and none of them feature. Indeed players like Papac are deemed better to play in their position infront of them. Just seems a strange set up imo

Its not strange though when you see who are getting a game in their place. More experienced pros and managers favourites. These new guys were always going to have to wait to make a breakthrough to the team, despite Juanma being given half a chance early doors. We know Ally operates with jobs for the boys. Look at our strongest 11, 10 of them, possibly all 11 now, are all guaranteed their game every week. Even certain squad players are guaranteed their game when a chance arises, there is no competition for places as such and there is no chance to breakthrough through impressing in training like Ally has suggested. I know, we know, we all know why certain players get a game for Rangers and it isnt because they are the best players.

Ortiz was asked to make his breakthrough out of position, i mean ffs. Walter all over. The lad couldnt even speak English and we had him papped out on the "impossible wing" out of position, it was ridiculous how he has been treated, shite or not.

McKay, i have liked what little i have saw so far, 3 games or so. I saw more skill from him than i have from Big Lee over the last 4 years. I saw more desire from Matt than i did from our captain all season. He isnt getting a game through lack of ability or lack of effort.

Bedoya is the strange one for me, pointles signing imo.

I done a thread asking if Gordon Smith was picking our players because Ally had hinted he is the one giving names to the boss, where does Allys credibility go if that is true and what is the point of having Bomber and Neil Murray on our payroll?

It is not like we don't need Matty back here playing for The Roar. The new owners of The Roar want to hire a marquee player ( paid outside the salary cap). Matty would be very welcome in that role I am sure.

After Roar's 36 matches without a loss we have LLLLLWD staring in our face. I would like Matty to do well at Rangers but we need him here as well.

Win -Win situation for Matt McKay I feel.

That's why many of us are asking questions of his or his scouts judgement.

Three players and we know 2 of them are simply no good and 1 many of us think is good enough but isn't even getting a chance.

That concerns me greatly.