Rangers icon John Greig & McClelland

derek1872

AJ indicated they were used as a short gap between April and June and whilst i wouldnt trust anything he says, its certainly the case that previous scanning of our accounts doesnt highlight anything untoward as far as debts as at the 30th June each year.

Biggest question though is.....Where is the money ?

I'sure i read as the money was only over that short of time by the time the accounts were published it had already been paid off so never had time to appear as a debt in the books. Would only be seen if you broke up every ins and outs of the accounts.

If he has used this money to pay off the bank then the thing that puzzles me is why would now be owing the £18mill to Whyte on top of the tickitus money? surely it would be one or the other this way not both?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

todays record is quite funny. traynor agrees with every word whyte says but still insists the records right.

the two stooges don't say much.

I didn't see Traynor's story. For the record though, pardon the pun, I believe the quotes in the record by King are correct because Whyte admitted to it. What Whyte said is also correct because he had admitted to it. (All relating to the sale of 4 year ST's)

However it was the record that came out with the ST money for the purchase of the club nonsense.

This has not been proved and I suspect it will never be proved.

......but not in the EXACT same way. doh

What went on before is irrelevant, unless the tax case appeal is overturned. Whyte spent six months going through due dilligence and went into this deal with his eyes wide open. Anything which is happening now is down to him and, quite rightfully, searching questions should be asked of his methods and motives.

How do you know? The previous board have a history of not being honest, and, have NEVER mentioned this until now. Of course they are going to say that. You dont think, for example, when we were under the Lloyds cosh, and, Smith miraculously spent a small fortune on players they might not have used it then?

You dont know. I dont know what they did either, and, you walso dont know how Whyte is "using it".

Maybe his eyes were opened wider than we thought? Maybe more became apparent when he actually sat down as opposed to what was produced for him to read?

How do you know? The previous board have a history of not being honest, and, have NEVER mentioned this until now. Of course they are going to say that. You dont think, for example, when we were under the Lloyds cosh, and, Smith miraculously spent a small fortune on players they might not have used it then?

You dont know. I dont know what they did either, and, you walso dont know how Whyte is "using it".

Maybe his eyes were opened wider than we thought? Maybe more became apparent when he actually sat down as opposed to what was produced for him to read?

If you have evidence to refute the claims made yesterday by both The Record and Johnston, batter on. The same goes for any proof of non-disclosure. I would have thought that Whyte would have been taking action if either of these had occurred.

On to the tickets, If four years worth of them had already been pawned by the previous board how could Whyte repeat the feat and how could they have managed it without showing up on the books?

If you have evidence to refute the claims made yesterday by both The Record and Johnston, batter on. The same goes for any proof of non-disclosure. I would have thought that Whyte would have been taking action if either of these had occurred.

On to the tickets, If four years worth of them had already been pawned by the previous board how could Whyte repeat the feat and how could they have managed it without showing up on the books?

AJ has already stated that they done it, perhaps this season the loss of euro income coupled with a repayment to ticketus has forced whyte to renew our deal with ticketus

the only benefit i can see from him doing this is that ticketus wont be due anything if the club goes into administration, so even if whyte used that money to buy the club (i dont know if he did) then at least if we go into admin Lloyds arent the preferred creditors and instead it is the clubs owner who can take his money back with one hand, then give it back with the other once administration is completed and HMRC etc are all in the past

my opinion is that the previous regime left an absolute shambles for whyte to deal with, and giving him less than a year to deal with it is harsh considering the most biggest concern STILL hasnt been concluded, Whyte is on record saying that he hoped the tax case would be sorted by the end of 2011, so perhaps the continuation of it is hampering his plans to deal with everything else connected to the club

AJ has already stated that they done it, perhaps this season the loss of euro income coupled with a repayment to ticketus has forced whyte to renew our deal with ticketus

the only benefit i can see from him doing this is that ticketus wont be due anything if the club goes into administration, so even if whyte used that money to buy the club (i dont know if he did) then at least if we go into admin Lloyds arent the preferred creditors and instead it is the clubs owner who can take his money back with one hand, then give it back with the other once administration is completed and HMRC etc are all in the past

my opinion is that the previous regime left an absolute shambles for whyte to deal with, and giving him less than a year to deal with it is harsh considering the most biggest concern STILL hasnt been concluded, Whyte is on record saying that he hoped the tax case would be sorted by the end of 2011, so perhaps the continuation of it is hampering his plans to deal with everything else connected to the club

But he got the £24.4m in April and a further £6m on June 27th way before European games (tu)

But he got the £24.4m in April and a further £6m on June 27th way before European games (tu)

as i said mate i dont know and no one else does, if he did use the money to become our main creditor then perhaps it turned out to be a shrewd move incase of administration

imo he still deserves more time, considering the tax case has dragged on longer than he wanted, the clubs future depends on this tax case, so it being postponed and continued etc doesnt help

AJ has already stated that they done it,

This has never been done before. Not at the Magnitude that CW has done in his first year. It was never a liability to the club. This is a fully fledge debt he's taking on with interest. I think that mean we owe more than we owed.

This has never been done before. Not at the Magnitude that CW has done in his first year. It was never a liability to the club. This is a fully fledge debt he's taking on with interest. I think that mean we owe more than we owed.

of course it was a liability to the club, most likely the club was doing it recently when we had a debt to Lloyds of 30million

the fact that the old regime took on MORE debt when they were already running up a debt with Lloyds is a complete shambles and they all deserve to be hounded out of the country if our club suffers damage beyond repair

I will take on board the words of John Greig a million times over before the head in the sand "Whyte" fan clubs any day.

Did John Grieg have his head in the sand when we were chalking up a massive £80million debt a decade ago? He was a board member; he had the power to oversee executive decisions of that magnitude: what did he do or say about it?

Both sides are treating Rangers like a government and are behaving like politicians. One lot criticising the previous rabble and those who used to be in power now claiming to be some sort of experts. The latter, especially, have a fucking cheek. They fucked up so they have no right whatsoever to sling mud at anyone. What I do know is I'll take Whyte over the ones who stood by and watched us go down the financial pan.

Currently we're like the UK - we're in a right miserable mess and close to collapse. Unlike the UK, we have a chance if the majority of those who hold the Club dear start to work together. Far too many so called Bears are treating Rangers like a ragged old whore at the moment and wanting any bit of it they can get their paws on.

McCoist might not have shone himself in glory on the Managerial front this season, but he for me is the key personality in all of this and I'm confident we'll see him bring peace and direction in the weeks ahead. He will speak soon. :clap:

of course it was a liability to the club, most likely the club was doing it recently when we had a debt to Lloyds of 30million

the fact that the old regime took on MORE debt when they were already running up a debt with Lloyds is a complete shambles and they all deserve to be hounded out of the country if our club suffers damage beyond repair

On the first point.

No, previous regime had ever done it. We would know by now. You can't hide that stuff. It never was written off as a liability either. We would know that stuff too.

"the fact that the old regime took on MORE debt when they were already running up a debt with Lloyds is a complete shambles"

Yes. Totally agree. They reduced that debt to 18m though, which lets face it, isn't a that bad debt in Britain for a very successful club.

It was the EBT's that screwed us.

The transparency of what is happening now is echoing the transparency of the last regime and like you love to add. Look how that turned out.

Has long as we can win on the park and collect titles, then, who cares, until things go wrong again.

I have to stress this is not a dig at CW. Just trying to inform you.

This place is unbelievable.

That's every former director/board member at the club come in and voice their concerns about Whyte, yet people are still showing blind faith to the man. Wake up and look at what's in front of you ffs.

Ok so what's the alternative ... Greig & McClelland's old mate Murray left the club in such a state that no one but Whyte wanted us

On the first point.

No, previous regime had ever done it. We would know by now.

this was from craig whyte's statement tonight

"With the banks not interested in lending anymore we needed to source other means of funds and turned to Ticketus as the club had an arrangement already in place with them before we took control

so yes the previous regime did us this method of getting money, and being as it is almost like a presale of season tickets then it would simply show in the accounts as season ticket sales imo (tu)