Paul Lambert - prick

Carsons Dog

Norwich City manager Paul Lambert does not believe striker Grant Holt was interested in a transfer deadline day move to Rangers.

The Light Blues' bid for the Canaries talisman was rejected as they sought a replacement for Nikica Jelavic, who joined Everton.

The Norfolk club rejected Gers' bid and when Lambert held talks with Holt, he gave no indication he wanted to speak to the SPL club.

The Carrow Road boss insists that had the 30-year-old wanted to open discussions then the club might have taken a different stance.

Indication

"Everybody wants to play in the Premier League and Grant is no different," said Lambert.

"The Rangers bid was nowhere near our valuation but I told Grant what was going on and he gave absolutely no indication that he wanted to talk to them.

"If he had it might have been different. A move to Rangers might have been attractive to a lot of players but they are not as strong as they used to be.

"Holt has waited a long time to get into the Premier League and it's great for him to be playing here, considering where he has come from.

"So while it was a flattering offer, I never expected him to want to leave. Mind you, if it had been Celtic, I would have driven him up there myself!"

What a prick!

What he just said. Lighten up ffs.

Totally agree. Paul Lambert said nothing wrong whatsoever. He's an ex Septic player and still a fan. It was said in a light hearted fashion and is no more than the ordinary banter people exchange.

People are soooooooooooooooooo looking to be offended these days.

Maybe somebody could point out what's paranoid or offended about calling a prick a prick?

A specky prick at that.

Some people are too quick to be offended at people being offended even if theyre not actually offended in the first place

Oh and Delias cook books are shite anaw - moralise about that ya wanks

The brain power of that man astonishes me! not the brightest thing to say for a manager, then again he probably idolizes lennon and therefore explains his petty remarks, but let's hope his snide comment comes back and bites him in the ass