Competition Idea

TheCutch

Hi Folks,

If this already exists on here, then just slap me down as a stupid Newbie and I will take it like a man.

Also, I know The Bears Den is probably not the place for this, but wanted it seen by a wider audience to begin with.

Anyway....

I was thinking that it would be a good idea to start up a RM predictor league.

I would be more than willing to run it and update tables etc, as I am a lazy sod at work and need things to keep me awake.

We could start off with a trial run during the Euros, and if it works ok then we could carry it forward into the SPL season 2012/13.

Just guaging the level of interest right now, so a more in deapth set of rules can be implemented nearer the time if we go ahead. However, I would think of it going along the lines of this :

Each participant predicts the score of all the games on any day of The Euros, and also bonus point chances for First Goalscorer and Time of first goal.

As I said, I would take responsobility for keeping a check on the standings, and updating it on a regular basis.

Not sure how the site works financially, as I am still new to it, but possibly a small token prize could be awarded to the winner?

And we could have a Hall of Fame for competition winners, with the title of "Hall of Fame Member" being added to your profile somewhere?

If any Mods or Admin have any particular thoughts on this, then please PM or email me.

In the meantime, I would be interested to hear people thoughts on it? It can be a good laugh, and offer some light relief.

So thoughts folks????

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone who wants to enter should donate £1 to a charity of the site's choosing and the winner gets to choose a custom rank or something. Unsure how easy/hard that is to implement though. I doubt the site would put up money for someone else's competition.

The charity idea is a great shout mate. (tu)

Hi Folks,

If this already exists on here, then just slap me down as a stupid Newbie and I will take it like a man.

Also, I know The Bears Den is probably not the place for this, but wanted it seen by a wider audience to begin with.

Anyway....

I was thinking that it would be a good idea to start up a RM predictor league.

I would be more than willing to run it and update tables etc, as I am a lazy sod at work and need things to keep me awake.

We could start off with a trial run during the Euros, and if it works ok then we could carry it forward into the SPL season 2012/13.

Just guaging the level of interest right now, so a more in deapth set of rules can be implemented nearer the time if we go ahead. However, I would think of it going along the lines of this :

Each participant predicts the score of all the games on any day of The Euros, and also bonus point chances for First Goalscorer and Time of first goal.

As I said, I would take responsobility for keeping a check on the standings, and updating it on a regular basis.

Not sure how the site works financially, as I am still new to it, but possibly a small token prize could be awarded to the winner?

And we could have a Hall of Fame for competition winners, with the title of "Hall of Fame Member" being added to your profile somewhere?

If any Mods or Admin have any particular thoughts on this, then please PM or email me.

In the meantime, I would be interested to hear people thoughts on it? It can be a good laugh, and offer some light relief.

So thoughts folks????

I think it sounds like a good idea.

But

I would just win it.

I'm sorry

Only with my mates.

I am more of an avid watcher, than player mate. (tu)

Me too but I play because my brother wants to hang out with me.

He throws over most places in paisley in the leagues that's why I was asking?

Watching numbers and clapping gets you drunk a lot faster. I had to give it up.

Me too but I play because my brother wants to hang out with me.

He throws over most places in paisley in the leagues that's why I was asking?

Watching numbers and clapping gets you drunk a lot faster. I had to give it up.

Darts is easily the "get drunk quick" capital of sports. lol

sounds good,, id be up for it

a guy in ma old work used to do something similar to raise funds for his sons fitba team,, he would do Champions league games

i used to use my selections and put correct score bets on aswell lol

was always good for an interest and a wee bit of banter

I'm just speaking for myself :) The rest of the team might say something completely different!

That again is something we'll have to discuss. But we're always looking for ways to improve the site.

That's cool mate. (tu)

This is why I decided to post it just now, rather than just before the Euros started.

Give you guys time to decide on what's the best way forward with it.