Pack Ibrox

WWTC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the poster the last two days iv seen some pretty eye opening behaviour from work colleagues , pals and even clients who work for my organisation . All of them I knew were tims but most I thought were " no that bitter" !! I heard them gathering in the corridors as the news broke , laughing ,mocking ,rejoicing . The ones who admitt to hating Gers funny enough don't bother me , it's the dirty bitter closet ones who are coming out the cracks and woodwork who just can't keep their masks down no longer that turn my stomach to the core !!!

It's horrible. Feel sorry for them that their hatred of us eclipses their love for their own team. I have a workmate whos as bitter as you can get but he's never hid it. I respect that. It's the closet ones like you say that grind my gears. Mon the Rangers :h34rt:

Excellent post and I see where you are coming. I'm 21 and the worst i've seen is finishing behind Hearts in the league but even that year we made the last 16 of the CL and were unlucky not to make the quarters. I have been spoiled in terms of success and I know it, only now have I really started to notice.

Im still in shock over all of this, i dont think its truely sank in yet and i dont know what to believe. But something definetly changed inside me, and for some reason im glad.

Im only 29, been a season ticket holder for 24years, sat in the same seat with my old boy the whole time, all ive ever known, almost, is success. My dad regularly reminded me all through Nine In A Row of how he worried i was being spoiled too young with all the success, that without the dark days, i couldnt appreciate it properly.

In a way, he was right. But during the nineties, as much as we often laughed at how shite celtic were, i never got the impression that how bad celtic were or how much trouble they were in was ever as important as what we were doing, how we were playing, who we were signing. Ive seen things in the last two days that i'll never forget as a rangers fan, the actual joy on the faces of tims as the news filtered through that dark days were apon us. I still cant believe the reaction it got. Some of it is fly, some of my mates have had the odd expected chuckle and that i can take. But some of it has been a real eye opener. Do we deserve that? Is that how we were back then? I dont remember, but i do remember how they reacted when they were needed. I remember the empty seats at hampden and at parkhead. That cant happen with us, i urge every rangers fan to attend as many matches as possible in the coming weeks and months. Im confident i dont need to ask, but we must show our strength in numbers.

This is our chance, and the world WILL be watching. Fill ibrox on saturday, fuck the result and fuck the performance, back our team, back our club, and back the legend that, right now, we are so lucky to have. We must stand together through this, and im sure we will.

I'll say this in closing, you know your 2nd best when your more concerened about the opposition than yourself.

Brilliant post mate. WATP

I have to say, im really proud of the reaction my post has recieved, thanks to everyone who has liked it. I'll see you all on saturday.

It cant get much worse than what we have just now, but i guarantee every single one of us is still proud to be who and what we are. Tolerance and sanity brothers, and never forget who we are, know one can take that away.