fans investing in the club

southcoastbear

I personally would not be prepared to invest a penny in any deal which involved craig whyte or his team but I am sure there are those fans who would wish to do so.

There needs to be an organisation set up for fans to invest and hopefully gain a minimum of a seat on the board so we never get in this situation of relying on rumour and misinformation on which to base any decisions we may wish to make. e.g. am i prepared to buy a season ticket for next year or will I lose my money to the administrator.

How could we do this I know I do not have the legal expertise or accounting skills to do this.

Maybe this is first step getting people with those skills and who would be prepared to give their time.

We need to ready to move quickly when time comes and i feel it will be sooner rather than later

It's not just a case of giving money to the club.

We have all done it through the years, spending thousands on tickets, shirts and even Rangers toasters.

It's something fundamentally more. We need to take the ownership of the club away from just a few select people who happen to have a bit of money.

Fan ownership/membership schemes are behind some of the most financially successful clubs, where any profit doesn't go to shareholders, it goes back into the club ala Bayern Munich.

I'm gonna sound like a commie here, but it's time the Rangers fans were giving ownership of the club, so we're run sustainably, and so we can eventually prosper.

We need to get away from this, we need to do anything to win the league attitude, we need to be successful not only on the park but off it too.

Fan ownership/membership schemes are behind some of the most financially successful clubs, where any profit doesn't go to shareholders, it goes back into the club ala Bayern Munich.

I'm gonna sound like a commie here, but it's time the Rangers fans were giving ownership of the club, so we're run sustainably, and so we can eventually prosper.

We need to get away from this, we need to do anything to win the league attitude, we need to be successful not only on the park but off it too.

Good post.

Ideally there'd be a membership joining fee and an annual subscription. No one person should own more than another member. Elections for the board etc.

I'd also like to see a written consitution for the club that prevents us spending more than we earn and wageroll to be a maximum percentage of turnover.

sod it I'll have a go at setting something up

Email names and email addresses of those seriously interested and we will take it from there.

The offer is there to take it as far as I can or those involved wish me to.

I have a template in mind, it's proven and it works.

Two separate issues one investment for shares/takeover

Formation of a rangers fighting fund raising money in a variety of ways to pay for costs so we don't use funds earmarked for takeover.

Etc etc.

It's not just a case of giving money to the club.

We have all done it through the years, spending thousands on tickets, shirts and even Rangers toasters.

It's something fundamentally more. We need to take the ownership of the club away from just a few select people who happen to have a bit of money.

Totally agree, really fell its time for ownership for the fans.

I will not invest more of my hard earned for some reckless idiot in charge to squander.

Fans ownership in my eyes is the way forward, and with a sustainable business set-up, we will be very successful on the pitch.

I have no doubt about that.

Paul Murray has the blue knights idea

It is time for him to set the wheels in motion and let us do this

How many bears would be willing to put between £10-£100 per month away to their club?

If anyone comes back with "i already spend blah blah blah"...............

......not interested in your opinion

Let us do this and we will see a hell of alot of other clubs doing it

What do people think would be the minimum investment be? I know every little helps and all but I would say a you need a fair starting point for this.

Doesn't matter how much £10-£10,000 it can all be sorted in share issue. Main point is we need to stop all the talk and get going.

Whoever buys the club off Whyte would be mad not to consider building in some element of fan ownership given the lack of other revenue streams in the SPL.

I pay £570 a year for my season ticket and would happily pay an extra £250 if I could see where it was going and have a vote against the management team coming in to run the club.

Whoever buys the club off Whyte would be mad not to consider building in some element of fan ownership given the lack of other revenue streams in the SPL.

I pay £570 a year for my season ticket and would happily pay an extra £250 if I could see where it was going and have a vote against the management team coming in to run the club.

Whoever the chairman would be, then surely he would have to be voted in by us fans which have invested, which I think would be a fantastic idea.

The idea of ownership for the fans i feel is the way forward.

To gauge it, Bayern Munich membership is €60 per annum and have approximately 165,000 members.

So you're talking maybe £12 a month. Bearing in mind we're on average about 60% dearer for a match day ticket. (Average ticket price for BL is like €17, whilst ours is £25 in a comparable country and cost of living).

We'd be able to offer more affordable tickets to fans, as we need full restructuring, and that means living within our means and annually not spending more than what we generate. Period.

To gauge it, Bayern Munich membership is €60 per annum and have approximately 165,000 members.

So you're talking maybe £12 a month. Bearing in mind we're on average about 60% dearer for a match day ticket. (Average ticket price for BL is like €17, whilst ours is £25 in a comparable country and cost of living).

We'd be able to offer more affordable tickets to fans, as we need full restructuring, and that means living within our means and annually not spending more than what we generate. Period.

Getting to that number of members would be amazing. I'm sure there would be lots of people who could afford to spend more than me but even getting an average of £150 a year from 35,000 season ticket holders is £5.25m which would start to make European revenues a bonus and not a necessity.

Plenty of my mates are Rangers fans and hardly go to games (i constantley remind them they are fans not supporters) If they had the option just now to pay an anual fee for fan ownership i know to a man they would do this. it would also be taken up by alot of our overseas bears.

Plenty of my mates are Rangers fans and hardly go to games (i constantley remind them they are fans not supporters) If they had the option just now to pay an anual fee for fan ownership i know to a man they would do this. it would also be taken up by alot of our overseas bears.

Guest KarlG45

Well for a start there'd be at least £50 a month coming from me in Switzerland...

Just a shame murray didn't sell his shares to the fans, hell I'd have given him a quid.

if a fans led consortium could be successful I'm sure some sharesave scheme could be set up for those wishing to contribute monthly, then it could be taken before tax.

Don't reckon we would get away with setting it up as a charity then you'd get tax relief lol.

Half a dozen of you if you are committed would be all it would take to set up a fighting fund so money intended for any takeover wouldn't be used up in costs.

Hell thats how the most successful politcal pressure group in uk started. They have shoved it right up the euro commission at least four times and are about to do it again.

They raise hundreds of thousands every year through membership merchandise but predominately through organising parties and getting pissed and having a thoroughly good time while they are at it.