£135 million

Mikhailichenko

Stumbled across this when looking for something unrelated.

According to this website http://www.business-sale.com/businesses-in-administration.html our assets are worth £135m as of 17th Feb. It is about halfway down the page. Unless there is another Scottish football club in administration. I take it these figures are taken from public records most likely the courts. Either that or they are just taking a stab in the dark.

oops, just noticed the disclaimer at the bottom. Its taken from the last accounts held at Companies House. I would imagine they are not worth the paper they are written on :blush: :blush:

Last accounts will be accurate - as they were done by the old board and signed off. CW never lodged accounts so there is no update wacko.gif

We have signed players on long term contracts since then (adds to the asset worth - although there is a whole debate of accounting for players asset value) but lost a couple as well.

I would NOT be surpised if £135M was a reasonable assumption!

Last accounts will be accurate - as they were done by the old board and signed off. CW never lodged accounts so there is no update wacko.gif

We have signed players on long term contracts since then (adds to the asset worth - although there is a whole debate of accounting for players asset value) but lost a couple as well.

I would NOT be surpised if £135M was a reasonable assumption!

What I was trying to say is that the £135m could be way of the mark if Whyte has been wheeling and dealing our assets.

yeah it's the value of ibrox and murray park included.

Boss will no doubt correct my pigeon account speak but you can value property in two different ways on your accounts the actual value if you sold it or the value it would cost you to rebuild it etc...rangers do the latter which means the amount always seems high on the books if you compare it to market value....

What I was trying to say is that the £135m could be way of the mark if Whyte has been wheeling and dealing our assets.

Sort off - (Arsenal Shares aside) - the assets are stuff like Ibrox, Murray Park etc. (Tangible Assets) or Players (intangible - and debate time) and they will be the bulk of the assets and it would have taken some slight of hand for Whyte to have sold these assets without our knowledge - but......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:anguish:

Whyte :wanker: will most certainly have increased our liabilities though!!!!!!!!!!

Sort off - (Arsenal Shares aside) - the assets are stuff like Ibrox, Murray Park etc. (Tangible Assets) or Players (intangible - and debate time) and they will be the bulk of the assets and it would have taken some slight of hand for Whyte to have sold these assets without our knowledge - but......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:anguish:

Whyte :wanker: will most certainly have increased our liabilities though!!!!!!!!!!

It seems he is quite adept at the art of manipulating reality, if even for a short time.

The stadium & Murray Park were valued at over £100M in the last accounts, but as a previous poster suggested this would be Rangers estimate of the cost of reconstruction. In a forced sale situation they would be valued much less, & I would guess no more than £40-£50M would be required to buy the club outright in a liquidation situation, as land assets then would be valued on their redevelopment potential.

It should be remembered that the facade of the Struth Stand at Ibrox is a listed building (Grade II), which makes re-development problematic.

Yep. The amount in the R&A may be rebuild costs but it's a real stretch to think we'd get anything like that for Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

A football stadium in Govan and a training ground on land not approved for property development makes neither particularly attractive or valuable.

It should be remembered that the facade of the Struth Stand at Ibrox is a listed building (Grade II), which makes re-development problematic.

It doesn't really, it's a red brick facade. Permission would be needed but not impossible, depending on the intentions of course. http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/altering-a-listed-building

It doesn't really, it's a red brick facade. Permission would be needed but not impossible, depending on the intentions of course. http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/altering-a-listed-building

Of course it's not impossible, it just complicates matters ... you can't just level the place and build. Any plans for re-developing the site would have to incorporate the facade of the Struth Stand.

They are worth what someone is willing to pay in this climate not a lot they aren't much use for anything than what they are, hopefully at least one of the four money men who evinced tentative interest through a glasgow law firm will make the value a moot point, not related to the lesser murray camp any of the four. Timmy may be about to get skelped into orbit with one big fuck off financial baseball bat.

Anyone with an ounce of brain can see that the administrators are keeping things ticking over, only the deadwood has been dumped.