gunslinger

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish.

Bocanegra is the best CB in the league. Far from being shite.

Bocanegra is the biggest stickler for "if in doubt get it out" that we've had since Gregor Stevens.

He continually boots or headers balls into the stands that could be played up the park.

He's a big part of the problem that Rangers have , that we can't build from the back because he takes no responsibility whatsoever, for anything other than clearing his lines. He's a nightmare, and so is his pal beside him.

Bocanegra is the biggest stickler for "if in doubt get it out" that we've had since Gregor Stevens.

He continually boots or headers balls into the stands that could be played up the park.

He's a big part of the problem that Rangers have , that we can't build from the back because he takes no responsibility whatsoever, for anything other than clearing his lines. He's a nightmare, and so is his pal beside him.

I think he's just doing what he's told to do. He just captained the USA team to 1st ever victory over Italy. Klinsmann is demnding USA pass the ball and Boca does it for them. This is his rating from MLS website for the game:

Carlos Bocanegra (8.5) - The captain was in total command, so he deserves a salute. Nearly flawless on the night, Bocanegra even managed to make a couple of big plays when he'd initially been beaten.

I think he's just doing what he's told to do. He just captained the USA team to 1st ever victory over Italy. Klinsmann is demnding USA pass the ball and Boca does it for them. This is his rating from MLS website for the game:

Carlos Bocanegra (8.5) - The captain was in total command, so he deserves a salute. Nearly flawless on the night, Bocanegra even managed to make a couple of big plays when he'd initially been beaten.

Well, you can put that beside what he does for Rangers, and that's booting/headering the ball into row Z even when we are struggling and need the game to keep flowing by retaining the ball...or turning to pass back to Greegs or his fellow defenders when he has 30 yards of space to run forward into.

I don't know how he gets so much praise. He does fuck all except his own job of defending his line...and nothing to try to help those in front of him.

Well, you can put that beside what he does for Rangers, and that's booting/headering the ball into row Z even when we are struggling and need the game to keep flowing by retaining the ball...or turning to pass back to Greegs or his fellow defenders when he has 30 yards of space to run forward into.

I don't know how he gets so much praise. He does fuck all except his own job of defending his line...and nothing to try to help those in front of him.

oh! he does feck all does he? jelavics goal of the season(first touch at tyncastle)! he assisted that didnt he. not that, that is his job now.yes he does get rid of the ball rather quickly, but so did weir and cueller. he is a cracking player and i will be gutted if he goes.

oh! he does feck all does he? jelavics goal of the season(first touch at tyncastle)! he assisted that didnt he. not that, that is his job now.yes he does get rid of the ball rather quickly, but so did weir and cueller. he is a cracking player and i will be gutted if he goes.

Believe me. He's one of the worst defensive team members we've had in decades.

He is only interested in getting the ball to fuck out of his patch. If that results in us having to defend corners, free kicks, or throw ins, all given away cheaply, it doesn't matter a fuck to him.

He offers nothing coming out of defence at all, and does no better than a boy would if he was told to get the ball to fuck every time it comes near him.

To hear him getting this "Captain America" shite is embarrassing.

Believe me. He's one of the worst defensive team members we've had in decades.

He is only interested in getting the ball to fuck out of his patch. If that results in us having to defend corners, free kicks, or throw ins, all given away cheaply, it doesn't matter a fuck to him.

He offers nothing coming out of defence at all, and does no better than a boy would if he was told to get the ball to fuck every time it comes near him.

no

I honestly believe that's what Ally's told him to do. Look at next post about Weir and Cuellar. And many more before them and no doubt many more still to come if we stick with the same shitty tactics. I've seen him quite a lot for National team over here and he CAN play a bit. He strikes me as the consumate pro. He'll do what the boss tells him. Ally tells him "take no chances, get it out" or "punt it up to the forwards" and that'll be what he does. Klinsman tells him to knock it and that's what he does. I saw a little of him in France and he played a bit there too. I don't feel we are using him as well as we could. I see your points but have some sympathy for him, maybe the blame lies elsewhere?

Also from a selfish viewpoint, him playing for Rangers gets some attention over here so it's good to keep him, even if it's just for clips of Ibrox on Fox Soccer channel or discussions with Americans interested in our club cos we have a few Americans playing for us

My guess is he will play perry and papac at CB, well at least it keeps McCulloch up front where he is of benefit to the team.

I hope we keep bocanegra as mentioned he does have the usa link got be worth a few bob, but there was an enquiry for him from someone if they can get money for him he's gone.

Goian has lost it was great to start but has steadily gone down hill till he can't get much worse. Shame liked the big man when he arrived but now I reckon he should have gambled on perry and saved the money, probably around £1.5m by now transfer and wages.

I'm glad you said that, I thought I was the only 1, people go on about him being captain yet our defence which he should be organising is a shambles.

I honestly believe that's what Ally's told him to do. Look at next post about Weir and Cuellar. And many more before them and no doubt many more still to come if we stick with the same shitty tactics. I've seen him quite a lot for National team over here and he CAN play a bit. He strikes me as the consumate pro. He'll do what the boss tells him. Ally tells him "take no chances, get it out" or "punt it up to the forwards" and that'll be what he does. Klinsman tells him to knock it and that's what he does. I saw a little of him in France and he played a bit there too. I don't feel we are using him as well as we could. I see your points but have some sympathy for him, maybe the blame lies elsewhere?

Also from a selfish viewpoint, him playing for Rangers gets some attention over here so it's good to keep him, even if it's just for clips of Ibrox on Fox Soccer channel or discussions with Americans interested in our club cos we have a few Americans playing for us

Im not going to argue with you on the point that that is what he's told to do.

It's pretty likely that's the case, and that worries me even more. What a fucking horrible outlook on telling international players how they should play for Rangers.

Either way, Bocanegra is horrendous when playing for the Gers...he does little wrong defensively, but does fuck all to help the team flow forward.

I'm glad you said that, I thought I was the only 1, people go on about him being captain yet our defence which he should be organising is a shambles.

our defence aint a shambles its our offence thats the problem. middle to front we are fragile.

I'm not being a bitch here, but a header which wasn't good, followed by a header that was good, which was then followed by a goal is one persons fault? Here was me thinking football was a team game. 11 players per side, not 1.

our defence aint a shambles its our offence thats the problem. middle to front we are fragile.

McGregor makes a point of slowing play up when we have a bye kick or free kick to take.

McGregor also insists on continually punting possession back to the opposition almost every time he gets the ball.

Goian is like a famine victim with a hot potato every time he has the ball, and more often than not either punts it to fuck, or passes the parcel to another defensive team mate until we get put under pressure (I await stories of his one magic pass, leading up to our goal today).

Bocanegra, as I've said, does fuck all except clear the ball to fuck, even when he isn't under any pressure. His "when in doubt, get it out" attitude is diabolical at times.

Add to that, that we keep leaking goals against dire opposition when we seem to be in control of a game, and we certainly ARE a fucking shambles at the back.

You should probably stop trying to understand football, after that comment.

why? because you think you know better than me? bomber and gough had some mighty, hefty, internationals ahead of them when they payed for us.this in turn made us a force to be reconed with.

if boca had an international midfield that they 2 had in front of him, then maybe i should just stop. defenders werent even needed at times!

why? because you think you know better than me? bomber and gough had some mighty, hefty, internationals ahead of them when they payed for us.this in turn made us a force to be reconed with.

if boca had an international midfield that they 2 had in front of him, then maybe i should just stop. defenders werent even needed at times!

Drivel. Take a deep breath or two.

It is, we can't keep a clean sheet, our defence was ripped apart against Dundee United, a good bit of the Killie game, another 2 against us today, if you have a poor forward line your defence needs to keep a clean sheet to stand a chance.

McGregor makes a point of slowing play up when we have a bye kick or free kick to take.

McGregor also insists on continually punting possession back to the opposition almost every time he gets the ball.

Goian is like a famine victim with a hot potato every time he has the ball, and more often than not either punts it to fuck, or passes the parcel to another defensive team mate until we get put under pressure (I await stories of his one magic pass, leading up to our goal today).

Bocanegra, as I've said, does fuck all except clear the ball to fuck, even when he isn't under any pressure. His "when in doubt, get it out" attitude is diabolical at times.

Add to that, that we keep leaking goals against dire opposition when we seem to be in control of a game, and we certainly ARE a fucking shambles at the back.

yes i agree we do leak goals against dire opposition(hence my rep). our midfielder and strikers do not do enough to keep posession for us when we really need them to. are they good enough? probably not. but what ca we do about it at this point in time?

It is, we can't keep a clean sheet, our defence was ripped apart against Dundee United, a good bit of the Killie game, another 2 against us today, if you have a poor forward line your defence needs to keep a clean sheet to stand a chance.

[/quote

so the defence needs to take all the blame for the "teams poor forward line"?

After Monday there may be no Papac or Jig to choose from. The consensus seems to be that they will feel the admin axe (which could be a greater problem than losing more "talented" players such as Aluko as they are more adaptable as they can fill in various positions from defence to forward). This would leave the manager with only Perry and Broadfoot with Wallace at LB and a reserve/youth to play at right back.

The only luck we have had recently has been bad luck but this is getting beyond a joke.