Fundraiser - six star lapel badge?

Anchorman

Fundraiser - six star lapel badge?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think our original 6 star badge as a little lapel badge - would it work?

• Think it would catch on.
    • No, your idea is frickin mince

These days when people are behind a common cause it gives them a lift to see other people behind that cause as they go about their daily life. Obviously a lot of people can't wear a Save Our Rangers badge in their work etc. But what about a little mettalic blue 6 star badge i.e our Club's very first badge, at say a fiver a pop going towards the club? Obviously it would need done properly so that people would be happy that the cash was going to the right place, but as a concept do you think it would catch on? I'm thick skinned so if you think it's shite then happy to hear any feedback.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like it...even without the fundraising aspect.

I agree about the fundraisng comment. Whether we end up 'New Co' or not I think this is the most defining moment in our Club's history and I think we should have a lasting discreet and sober emblem that future generations (and us, because we will never forget this time!) can look back on that proved the words of Mr Struth below were not just empty words:

"Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers"

Once again great ideas like this from fellow bears that will only help our cause.

I think like most of us that once we see the true picture of what is going on at our club and where we are heading, then ideas like this and other fundraising events will really kick in.

I have no doubts that once we know where our intended heart earned donations will be best used then the funds will start flowing in and quickly put an end to this sorry mess and put us back where we belong ...Champions

Keep believing ....In Ally we trust...........there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers

I see one vote in to say the idea is crap, which is fine, but a wee bit of constructive criticism would be welcome if you think that. Would it be too much to ask that if you disagree you say what is wrong with the idea in your mind and it may help to find an idea that we all are agreed on?

I like the idea, it would be good to get it pinned at the top of the page and to have a real go at it. Perhaps contact Rangers/the administrators and ask them how we can go about doing this in a way that Rangers will be able to use the money and avoid job cuts.

I see one vote in to say the idea is crap, which is fine, but a wee bit of constructive criticism would be welcome if you think that. Would it be too much to ask that if you disagree you say what is wrong with the idea in your mind and it may help to find an idea that we all are agreed on?

We dont need to speculate who votes no mate (tu)

They are knowns as abusers

Im no buying it unless I can get the long johns too

Nah in all seriousness, i'd wear it on my coat

With pride

Absolutely, I would too. It may be a key part of the history of Rangers, or little more than the players wearing rowing tops for the 1877 photograph - but the significance of it now is special I believe.

I have in the last few weeks added one of the round logo pins to a leather compendium i use for work meetings - i normally try to avoid any Rangers related things in a work setting (mainly because down under no one has any idea what it is all about) but have felt that in the last few weeks i needed to have a symbol of the club with me in public during the day. An enamel version of the blue star badge would be a perfect addition to this. Great idea.

These days when people are behind a common cause it gives them a lift to see other people behind that cause as they go about their daily life. Obviously a lot of people can't wear a Save Our Rangers badge in their work etc. But what about a little mettalic blue 6 star badge i.e our Club's very first badge, at say a fiver a pop going towards the club? Obviously it would need done properly so that people would be happy that the cash was going to the right place, but as a concept do you think it would catch on? I'm thick skinned so if you think it's shite then happy to hear any feedback.

Ok, they have got back to me already - they need the following:

"send us your design in AI/PDF file, JPG is ok too. Then our designer can draw the artwork and make sample for you. We can give you accurate price as well according to your design and requirements".

Once I have this I will ping it to another few in the same area and when my guys are there in the next few weeks they can spin by and see what the scoop is.

Comments?