HMRC - must pay

I question why we have been singled out by HMRC over EBT's. What is their motive in taking this tax case all the way and why have many others been allowed to set up deals while refusing us any negotiation.

The HMRC case may still be won but the potential penalty and the years of uncertainty around it has allowed our great club to be dragged down to the gutter.

No rescue package or takeover will be made until this case is finished. Why the delay? Why no negotiation? What are their motives.

Only this week Newcastle have agreed a deal out of court and behind closed doors so why have we been treated differently?

I suggest that there is a plot to ruin our great club and we know we have a horrid set of rivals who hate us more than they love their own club who would do anything to destroy us.

If we win the HMRC case we must sue them for millions in lost revenue and damage done. If they win we must still demand an independant inquiry to the process they have taken and look at the individuals involved.

I can guarantee you all clubs will have skeletons in their closets. Selick should take note that we will find yours!

Sorry bud but what a horrible title and a post. Calling your title "HMRC - MUST PAY" sent panic through me. This panic then changed to despair with the suggestion that we should sue them.

Don't ask me to explain why. You should know why already.

The reasoning is in the article.

An HMRC spokesman said: “The majority of premier league football clubs have now confirmed that they will pay tax arising from image rights payments, and we continue to negotiate with those that are yet to settle.”

The majority of Premier League clubs have now decided to pay up.

This is in no small part due to the state we currently find ourselves in, HMRC used Rangers as a "Test Case" the fact that it has more or less put us under before theres even been a decision has been enough for them to be able to recoup countless millions from scared EPL clubs, HMRC don't care about Rangers, we were just a convenient case at a convenient time, one which they saw as potentially winnable and certainly one which could create anough doubt to pressurise other clubs into paying up.

The Newcastle deal was over image rights and not EBT's but I suppose the jist is the same ie Avoidance of a higher rate of tax.Either way HMRC cannot lose hence there reluctance to deal with us, if they win we owe them millions if they lose who cares the ruse was enough to scare everyone else into paying up.

Not the first time scotland been used as guinea pigs and wont be the last.

if we win the tax case then absolutely HMRC must pay.

they have put the pressure on more and more over the last few years and helped* run our club into the ground.

We should bear in midn though that very little details of the case and its legalitys have been made public.

*helped because other factors, such as murrays mismanagement took us here.

Sorry bud but what a horrible title and a post. Calling your title "HMRC - MUST PAY" sent panic through me. This panic then changed to despair with the suggestion that we should sue them.

Don't ask me to explain why. You should know why already.

Sorry mate Fuck HMRC and the way this has been handled. We are the only club this has happend to regards EBT's. Which we legal then retrospectively reviewed!

I would never suggest you dont pay your tax's such as Whyte has done with the PAYE but we only got White in control once the HMRC pushed Murray and Lloyds oot the boat!

Sorry mate Fuck HMRC and the way this has been handled. We are the only club this has happend to regards EBT's. Which we legal then retrospectively reviewed!

I would never suggest you dont pay your tax's such as Whyte has done with the PAYE but we only got White in control once the HMRC pushed Murray and Lloyds oot the boat!

We are the test case for at least 8 other clubs, that is why.

I have had enough of Rangers's name dragged through the courts, for whatever reason, for the last nine months. I just want us to be able to worry about our club on the pitch, not off the pitch. If you think that more court cases and expenses wasted is the way to go then you are wrong.

You are correct and Rangers FC has in my opinion without any doubt been selected for prefferential treetment with regards to these Trusts.

They have harrassed us from pillar to post and wouldnt care less if our club went to the wall.

I personaly think they made it personal, and the fact we arent the only Football Club with a Crook in charge yet wont deal with,then its obviouse their motive wasnt just Tax Payers Money.

I think HMRC are getting a kick out of it, and its more than financial.IMO.

Was there not a rumour that some guy involved from the HMRC side was a big C*ltic fan?

Probably just your average run of the mill rumour but i read it on here... Maybe chef Sashma Fatherwore will remember

I question why we have been singled out by HMRC over EBT's. What is their motive in taking this tax case all the way and why have many others been allowed to set up deals while refusing us any negotiation.

The HMRC case may still be won but the potential penalty and the years of uncertainty around it has allowed our great club to be dragged down to the gutter.

No rescue package or takeover will be made until this case is finished. Why the delay? Why no negotiation? What are their motives.

Only this week Newcastle have agreed a deal out of court and behind closed doors so why have we been treated differently?

I suggest that there is a plot to ruin our great club and we know we have a horrid set of rivals who hate us more than they love their own club who would do anything to destroy us.

If we win the HMRC case we must sue them for millions in lost revenue and damage done. If they win we must still demand an independant inquiry to the process they have taken and look at the individuals involved.

I can guarantee you all clubs will have skeletons in their closets. Selick should take note that we will find yours!

What were Newcastle in court for?

How can you guarantee it?

What were Newcastle in court for?

How can you guarantee it?

EXACTLY they didn't even have to go to court! and the payment has been made private - non disclosure!

All big business have some Skeletons in their closet especially if you go back over 20 years - look at the banks! lets be transparent - allow the SPL/SFA investigate all teams with the focus they have on us and there will be scandals every day!

How is it ok for Dastardly Desmond to finance Robbie Keane's wages yet it seems a player at Rangers pension plan is deemed as shocking?