Club ethos moving forward

Religion, politics and football are powerful when combined.

If the Club stated it's preferred way for fans to vote, we would become, overnight one of the most powerful political movements in the UK.

I also note recent high profile religious figures making statements that impact the political arena.

I would like to see the Club, after being born again, via CVA or whatever means, to appoint a public figure, in. Chaplaicy role, to promote both political and religious policies, in keeping with the history and heritage of the Club, and it's fan base, across Scotland, Northern Ireland and the wider world.

For we are under attack from all sides. We are under siege. We need to shut the gates and man the Walls (metaphorically speaking).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religion, politics and football are powerful a disaster, when combined.

If the Club stated it's preferred way for fans to vote, we would become, overnight one of the most powerful political movements in the UK.

I also note recent high profile religious figures making statements that impact the political arena.

I would like to see the Club, after being born again, via CVA or whatever means, to appoint a public figure, in. Chaplaicy role, to promote both political and religious policies, in keeping with the history and heritage of the Club, and it's fan base, across Scotland, Northern Ireland and the wider world.

For we are under attack from all sides. We are under siege. We need to shut the gates and man the Walls (metaphorically speaking).

Fixed that for you there (tu)

Lets just stick to the football eh? Unless god has a blank cheque he like to send down Ibrox way then he has no relevance.

I agree with all of this being a committed christian. I would love it if we sung more hymns and one other I would like the fans to sing is 'One more step along the road I go' which is quite apt considering the context at this time. With Gods help we can get through this.

We should sing more Sally Ann songs. You get to do all the actions as well.

Deep and wide, My cup's full and running over, and Have you got a sunshine smile, should all be on the songsheet, and the actions played on the big screens.

Regardless of the OP I'm surprised at the follow up posters anti religion posts.

Or the uneducated nature of some of our support. I am assuming those fans of the anti religion element do not use the saying We are the people which is from the bible? Psalm 95:7. You do not sing the sash my father wore as if your father did indeed wear the sash he would have been a Christian Protestant promoting and protecting the faith. You do not sing our national anthem of God save the Queen. You don't wish to embrace The Rangers proud Protestant history ? Just me ?

Fantastic response. Much appreciated.

What's your thoughts on Rangers fans adopting the BB anthem 'will your anchor hold in the storms of life'?

Would you recommend an alternative song / hymn?

We need something powerful, but socially acceptable.

Fantastic response. Much appreciated.

What's your thoughts on Rangers fans adopting the BB anthem 'will your anchor hold in the storms of life'?

Would you recommend an alternative song / hymn?

We need something powerful, but socially acceptable.

What kind of hymn would be socially unacceptable?

Why do you think I'm a 'taig'?

Given I'm a life long Rangers fan ... That's quite an insult to be giving. Notwithstanding, what is the essence of your case?

In an effort to reduce your concern, I offer the following 'proofs':

First ever Rangers game: Alex McDonald's testimonial HMFC 2-3 RFC

First ever Rangers game at Ibrox: RFC 1-3 Bayern Munich (RFC scored first - Mark Walters penalty)

First ever Old firm game: CFC 1-3 RFC (John Brown scored a belter on the last minutes)

Only Hampden old firm game 1-0 to RFC (Super Ally) - Robertson got sent off after about 6 minutes; it absolutely pelted with rain. I was ins seat the Rangers end; but the roof stopped a few seats away; so I got soaked.

I've been to several European away games, including Villareal, Sporting Lisbon and the UEFA cup final.

Or is it the Union Flag tattoo'd on my arm? Or the fact I know it's called a Union Flag (only a Union Jack on the jackstaff of a ship).

Football + Religion + Politics + British and Proud = Rangers

WATP

In God we trust.