Takeover

If you were part of a Consortium that bought Rangers

- what would you do?

- where would you invest? what would you develop?

- who would you bring in sponsorship wise?

- would you change the current set up of players/staff?

I would try and Get Walter smith as charimen.

Get Donald Findlay on the board.

I would try and get a separate sponsor from ra sellick.

Get good scouts so that we are not signing anymore duds.

i will be honest and frank.

McCoist has been a rock through our darkest moment. but on the field i am concerned. long before our darkest moment.

I think our scouts need to take a good look at themselves as they are useless.

I far prefer to use a policy of younger players. 5 under 23 year olds in every line up would be nioe (starting 11)

true fan representation at board level

and escalators to the club deck cos i hate the fucking treck up those steps :-)

IMO, alot will disagree no doubt

McCoist has been a rock through our darkest moment. but on the field i am concerned. long before our darkest moment.

I far prefer to use a policy of younger players. 5 under 23 year olds in every line up would be nioe (starting 11)

I'm with you, escalator loyal!

A have to say am with u on the escalators to the club deck, takes me a good 5mins tae recover

Donald Findlay back on the board to defend the club, plus he was only forced out after one of our own fuckin set him up.

Poach Campbell Ogilvie back from the SPL board to be our secretary again.

That'd get me onside with the new owners straight away for a start :D

I'd like to see us look at the Dutch youth set up. In particular Feyenoord who have gone through the same as The Rangers are currently. We have outstanding training facilities that could match any top European club. No reason why our youth players coming through shouldn't.

Would love a stadium revamp looked at. We have always taken the lead with this and I'd like the govan corners looked at being replaced with seating. The subject comes up a lot and structure issues etc arise but surely can be overcome.

Standing area being introduced in the enclosures to help the atmosphere back to former glories.

Jardel, Alan Smith & Robbie Fowler finally putting pen to paper.

Turn the PA system up a notch

Walter Smith as director. G Souness and Super Ally as the managment team. New forign youth team coach poached from Holland/England. 3 or 4 senior players that are rangers (through and trough) men. Squad of 25 with a max of 10 non British players. Rewards/benifits for ST holders that renew consecutive years on a 5 year basis. eg 5iar you get a benefit then 10 another and so on.

Would love a stadium revamp looked at. We have always taken the lead with this and I'd like the govan corners looked at being replaced with seating. The subject comes up a lot and structure issues etc arise but surely can be overcome.

I've always wanted the stadium capacity to be increased further. I don't know how much it would cost though, and it would probably not be considered for a long time which is a shame. I know there are people who say they wouldn't be filled but I'm sure for big European matches (remember them?) they ground would be full even if we had 60,000 seats or above.

I've always wanted the stadium capacity to be increased further. I don't know how much it would cost though, and it would probably not be considered for a long time which is a shame. I know there are people who say they wouldn't be filled but I'm sure for big European matches (remember them?) they ground would be full even if we had 60,000 seats or above.

True the stadium wouldn't be full for standard league matches. The same story with most top European clubs, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. But we would sell out on the bigger occasions such as old firm and certain European matches.

We have led the way in stadium upgrades and expansion in the past. It should be considered

If we ever have hopes of matching or exceeding Celtic's income (not including CL monies), then increasing the capacity of the ground would have to happen.

However, that would obviously have to wait a while until our current mess is cleared.

Hi Frank

We need to concentrate 100% on youth. Get rid of any older over paid players. Stop buying average foriegn players its better to invest in youth as I say. Get them in for next to nothing and sell them on for a profit.

I would try and Get Walter smith as charimen.

Get Donald Findlay on the board.

Get good scouts so that we are not signing anymore duds.

walters got a lot of experience in the board room.

seperate sponsor what so they can allienate the manks. good luck.

yeah scouts that never make a mistake are common and would be cheep.

and findlay why?

Agreed! :D

I think if I was part of the consortium..

I would look to the youth set up and bringing thru players of quality thru the ranks to first team squad..

scouting is also needed to be improved to find youngsters who show a good base to develop from at the club... we shouldnt be buying player who have past it or coming to latter years..

increasing the capacity will only bring in crowds if we starting playing football and make our play exciting to watch.. also we need to have more competitive teams in the league - whether the SPL can provide that, I am not sure..

what is ppls thoughts re rangers doing this atlantic league - a big ask for fans to travel to away games? OR joining the championship, building revenue up and work our way up...

I've been thinking this a lot recently since we've gone into administration. If I had the money I'd obviously want to buy the club and help us escape this mess, but I wouldn't have a clue how to go about it and more importantly who to trust in the running of the club as I'd have no relevant experience as a businessman to take the club forward in the right direction. Saying that if I was clever enough to make that sort of money I'd probably be a lot more wiser as to how to use it.

Hire Donald Findlay. We need a Rangers man with the intelligence and legal nous to both articulate club policies to the world and ensure they are watertight.

Copy Ajax's youth development programme. Not adjust it, not create something like it - just copy it. And hire R. De Boer to oversee it.

Expand Ibrox. Yes, I would. I'd also drop season ticket prices in the upper tiers to make going to see The Rangers a genuinely attractive option for fans on a limited income. Say, £175 for an adult, £250 for a parent and child season ticket and £300 for parent and two children.

Offer a club membership to one and all, and provide for that membership to have a voting right. Good enough for Barca and Real Madrid.

A fans rep on the board - voted for annually by members of The Rangers.

Establish 'Aye Ready' as the official club motto. A nod to our history, a nod to our roots and should be hugely marketable in the right hands.

Do much more with Ibrox as a venue for events such as concerts and corporate use.

And more!

Id love donald findlay back.

He understands scottish society and its about fuckin time we stood up for ourselves when the septic minded media print front page headlines everytime we sing a song the scum are sensitive about, but turn a blind eye to the iraoke every weekend.

Findlay had the balls to stand up in the courts and tell a judge how absurd it is that singing "the famine is over why dont you go home" should be ruled an illegal offence. Freedom of speach is a myth.

Firstly pay us out of the mess we are in.

Would only have Rangers men behind the scenes who care about the club.

Would get Rangers stores back up and running, no deals like JJB again. We would need to look to improve our yearly income, and would look at taking advantage of foreign markets with Rangers merchandise.

No more big spending or massive wage bills. Would get in a decent scouting team scanning the world for the best youngsters and get them signed up. Bring them through Murray Park and always have the possibility of selling them on for profit in the future when they have developed more.

Other than that would like to see the fans given more of a say on what they feel needs done and listen!

spot on, it's already a great shame we are associated with the self-hating terrorist supporting fake irish by location, and by the Of tag, so god knows why we chose to have the same sponsor as them, which just adds to the problem. We shouldnt stand for it. Get Tennents to fuck we can do better and keep the slime well out of our sponsorship deals.