Biased BBC reporting continues

iconicman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17430072

So this muppet for the BBC tries to summarise the 3 administrations in football at the moment, Port VAle, Portsmouth and Rangers. Port Vale is a model case and everything is hunky dory. Portsmouth is disgraceful for going into admin twice in quick succession but have straight talking administrators (HMRC appointed).

We come to Rangers and after slating everything D&P have done and their lack of Scots law knowledge, he excuses them with:

"There is one other point worth making about D&P's outsider status, however: no Scottish firms wanted the work because they feared for their windows."

Shocking throwaway journalism, and sadly all too common with the BBC and Rangers. For the record I think every fan has been behind what D&P have tried to do.

At least this time we have a name for the shit list, Matt Slater - Cunt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is enough reason for us to contact BBC complaints department in our numbers. That is an outrageous comment about a Scottish firm worried they get their windows done in.

This is the kind of story that we need to fight back. Can you imagine what the mob would be doing if it was about them.

"There is one other point worth making about D&P's outsider status, however: no Scottish firms wanted the work because they feared for their windows."

I can't really say i see a problem with this.. because he's probably right (tu)

I can't really say i see a problem with this.. because he's probably right (tu)

Emoticon no worky haha!

Wtf are you gibbering about

I'm not sure he is even inferring it's us that will be targeting windows. You can imagine what pressure would be getting put on Deloittes or KPMG in Glasgow if a couple of their staff were carrying out the administration. The lunatics at the Rangers Tax Case blog would be having their family tree investigated and their children followed to school. Unless we're towed out to sea and torpedoed they'll cry 'establishment cover-up' to anyone who'll listen. I'm suspicious of Duff and Phelps but they should at least be free of the lunatic Celtic fringe.

Matt Slater has been excellent throughout all of this, so try turning down the paranoia dial. We all know why D&P were chosen.

There is no paranoia involved and whether you think Matt Slater is excellent is beside the point. Throw away lines like that harms our club. This is our national broadcaster stating that professional businesses don't want to work for Rangers for fear of retribution? And you think that is acceptable?

Please enlighten us why D&P were chosen as it seems im out the loop.

I'm not sure he is even inferring it's us that will be targeting windows. You can imagine what pressure would be getting put on Deloittes or KPMG in Glasgow if a couple of their staff were carrying out the administration. The lunatics at the Rangers Tax Case blog would be having their family tree investigated and their children followed to school. Unless we're towed out to sea and torpedoed they'll cry 'establishment cover-up' to anyone who'll listen. I'm suspicious of Duff and Phelps but they should at least be free of the lunatic Celtic fringe.

Perhaps but on a topic of Rangers that is not who I think the impartial readers will assume he meant. What gets on my goat is that BBC stories become a matter of public record, let this slide and see it come back to bite us later. There is a reason successful businesses defend to the last penny what is put down in print about them, unchallenged it becomes true fact.

There is no paranoia involved and whether you think Matt Slater is excellent is beside the point. Throw away lines like that harms our club. This is our national broadcaster stating that professional businesses don't want to work for Rangers for fear of retribution? And you think that is acceptable?

Please enlighten us why D&P were chosen as it seems im out the loop.

They were chosen because Whyte had prior dealings with them.

They were chosen because Whyte had prior dealings with them.

That is usually the basis of administrators being chosen, however they so far have claimed £3.6m of money in Whytes lawyer account, ignored his secured status and maintained the playing squad. What's your point?

How does any of that excuse Matt Slaters poor journalism?

That is usually the basis of administrators being chosen, however they so far have claimed £3.6m of money in Whytes lawyer account, ignored his secured status and maintained the playing squad. What's your point?

How does any of that excuse Matt Slaters poor journalism?

Many parties have claimed the £3.6m, or part of it. What steps are being taken to ascertain the whereabouts of the rest of the money which should be in that account?

D&P have ignored Whyte's secured status but have taken no legal steps to have that ratified.

Didn't the players maintain the squad through wage cuts?

As has been pointed out to you previously, not everyone sees it as poor journalism.

my mate works for an administrator based in glasgow.he told me at the start of feb that administration companies were "queueing up" ready to go if they got the contract.load of bbc shit as per usual

Cant see many administrators knocking back that kind of money, exposure and experience! Its a gift of a job guaranteeing future business for years. Lets not kid ourselves its big bucks for them with great exposure, all of which adds to their portfolio. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking deluded !

That will be why they were back in court yesterday having the administration order backdated. (tu)

So, what's the problem the judge gave it the ok.00000042.gif00000042.gif

No problem, apart from the extra fees involved, but I would question whether it would be regarded as an option when describing being 'good at the job'.