Working Group update

kplfishtank

Thanks for the replies.

If I can just point out that it is the interpretation of the Police and the PF that has led to the advice we have been given from the FoCUS group that BMG has one line in it that could be challenged under the new legislation.

Our aim in the Working Group is to bring these matters to the attention of our fans in order to try to prevent either the club being sanctioned, or just as importantly, bears being criminally charged for having a sing-song at the football.

We certainly do not agree with the wording and interpretation of the new legislation, and would love to see a test case where BMG is argued in court, but at the same time we do not want any Rangers fan arrested and charged for singing it.

We will continue to push for the PF to accept the h** word is sectarian and should be included in the advice given to fans of other clubs that they will face prosecution if they use it. It has come to light today that there was a case in 2008 where somebody got done for the h** word, and we will be investigating this further.

We will continue to push for the PF to accept the hun word is sectarian and should be included in the advice given to fans of other clubs that they will face prosecution if they use it. It has come to light today that there was a case in 2008 where somebody got done for the hun word, and we will be investigating this further.

If it's this case, it is well known about, and there were no other factors involved:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article1848719.ece

http://www.heraldscotland.com/celtic-fan-in-court-over-t-shirt-jibe-1.896182

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/10/24/celtic-fan-wore-t-shirt-with-sectarian-message-on-uefa-cup-final-night-court-told-86908-20833881/

That's the one Boss, I must admit I missed that one at the time.

We were told by FoCUS that no such legal precedent had occurred according to the PF and they were advised accordingly.

Given that the PF also refused to meet us to discuss the new law, methinks something stinks in the PF office which we will need to get to work on.

Just to confirm that I have now written to FoCUS supplying the above links and asking for confirmation that the word "h**" has case law which considers it sectarian and therefore illegal and would be actionable under the new legislation. I will continue to update fans when I receive a reply.

It's what we're reduced to.

I'm not too fussed what they call us, I suffer no offence to the word h** but if we are being hounded and censored left and right, then we are duty bound to ensure the laws are applied consistently.

It's a can of worms, it's going to end in freedom of speech being made a mockery of.