The greatest Ranger of your time?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Struth by a mile.

Christ! We are showing our age here,minstral, but you've got it spot on :pipe: and if we are talking about the greatest player of our time, then if I'm asked that question every minute for an hour,I'll give you 60 different answers. (tu)

Ally!!

If you ever meet John Greig, you'll forever change your mind, the man is totally ignorant.

I've met him a few times, so it wasn't a one off. He's not even well liked by other gers stars of the past.

Rant over.

four young guys on fleshers haugh would get my vote but I'm not that old,find it odd nobody mentioned the real big jock,Mr Wallace,first manager i really remember in his first reign at the club and i still get the battle fever on today,so many too choose from,ally,coops,greig etc. we've been blessed with greats during my lifetime,we've been blessed before i was born and will be long after I'm gone

Ally!!

If you ever meet John Greig, you'll forever change your mind, the man is totally ignorant.

I've met him a few times, so it wasn't a one off. He's not even well liked by other gers stars of the past.

Rant over.

My dad still goes on about Greig telling him to fuck off after asking for his autograph...

Then again I tell my dad to f off all the time so..

Slim, without a doubt.

Many great memories, but the best was a cup game against East Stirling in Falkirk, midweek night game - maybe mid-60s...!! Shire Park was very small and you could be right on the touchline almost. At one point,he was right in front of me (almost touching distance), about the half way line. he dangled the famous left pin and chipped a ball straight along the line - it dropped right in front of Willie Johnson,who without letting it hit the ground, left footed it over on to the head of (I think) Forrest - right in the back of the net. Still can see it now.