Sale Sharks owner will not let club go into liquidation

Kennedy waits to make Gers bid

Sale Sharks owner will not let club go into liquidation

Last Updated: April 4, 2012 8:56am

Brian Kennedy: Sale Sharks owner will make a late bid for Rangers if it prevents the club going into liquidation

S

Brian Kennedy says he will only make a late offer to take over Rangers if a rival bidders' approach is to take the club into liquidation.

The SPL giants were placed into administration back in February and several parties have expressed an interest in buying the club.

Rangers' administrators are expecting to receive up to five bids by Wednesday's 5pm deadline and reports claim that US consortium Club 9 Sports is moving towards preferred bidder status.

However, there are reported concerns about Club 9 Sports' future plans for Gers and Sale Sharks owner Kennedy is waiting to see how the day develops.

"Whatever euphemism you may want to use, we are ultimately talking about the liquidation of Rangers FC and the selling of its assets into a newco, with all the issues which result from that."

Brian Kennedy

Quotes of the week

"The prospect of a newco frightens the living hell out of me," Kennedy told the Daily Record.

"Whatever euphemism you may want to use, we are ultimately talking about the liquidation of Rangers FC and the selling of its assets into a newco, with all the issues which result from that.

"If this is the only option left standing, that's when I will come back in.

"The financial model involved in a newco situation does not work unless you are prepared to invest many millions of pounds and take a four-year view on the club's finances. You would need to accept losing excessive amounts of money.

"These guys will be looking for a decent return. They are not doing it for the love of Rangers so why enter into a deal like this?

"The existence of the club is at stake and the next 48 hours could be crucial."

Read and weep Tims!

:clap:

Sounds like the guy for me, always seems to talk a lot of sense,

iam sure Souness would be a great addition back at ibrox someone to stand up for us

against the filth and jokers who run scottish football, and let Ally get on with bringing

the title back home next season :uk:

Instead of saying if that's the only alternative can he not just bid again? Or join forces with tbk? I have a feeling if he joins with tbk then more or less all of the support will back their bid

As far as i'm concerned, with the choices we seem to have at this moment (unless some mega money offer comes in at the last minute, which i don't see happening), this would be the best outcome for our club by a mile

I think what he is saing is yes his bid was lower but he did always state he was a last resort, and that now if the best bid is one that includes liquidation then he will step up and match that bid or beat it with a non liquidation proposal. He must be getting nothing fae the wife, it's a very good umbrella to have well done BK.

"The prospect of a newco frightens the living hell out of me," Kennedy told the Daily Record.

I read elsewhere that it was the Club9 Sports bid that frightened the living hell out of him. Is this the usual misquoted pish from the Daily Record, or did he say this about both things?

Either way, he's my preferred bidder. Something in my bones tells me he won't be the successful one though.

He has expressly said that, he will not work with a consortium, therefore I think that if the BK are not the preferred bidder then, he will bid if liquidation is on the cards, I would then expect all those that wish to stop us being liquidated, would offer support to him (including finical support). ;)

I like what i hear about Brian Kennedy but i just wonder if he is in this to get his profile up!! By the looks of it he doesn't have enough money to outbid the americans so he wont be in a positon to stop us from being liquidated, however in saying that i hope his bid is succesful.

Instead of saying if that's the only alternative can he not just bid again? Or join forces with tbk? I have a feeling if he joins with tbk then more or less all of the support will back their bid

The Tbk maybe dont have the funds to facilitate him working with them, Id rather a clean break from previous board members.

Lest face why do you think Bains give up his court fight as he maybe see's himself back in his old job.

Good point. He has not really ruled that out with what he is saying, so maybe that would be a way of him coming back in.

I still think he is working on this a lot more than he is suggesting to the media. I think he is playing a bit of a game to give him a good hand at the table.