Boyd to the Premiership - What if ?

1. depending on how much we will probably accept it

2. not sure, probably a team that doesnt need someone like kuyt constantly running. and a team that can give him all the service he needs to score

3. i think hes worth a good few mil. even tho he is lazy someone can kick his arse into gear

If there was an international class player going with a strike rate of 2+ in 3 games? We are talking Millions here. In fact if the opportunity came to sell, I would predict a riot. The last time we had a 30 goal season striker, it took us 8 years to find a replacement.

1. depending on how much we will probably accept it

2. not sure, probably a team that doesnt need someone like kuyt constantly running. and a team that can give him all the service he needs to score

3. i think hes worth a good few mil. even tho he is lazy someone can kick his arse into gear

i would prefer to keep him if we get a GOOD hard working striker to partner him

Dynamo Kiev offered £5-6 million for him.

Id say a lower league side, made even Birmingham or whoever joins them going up (exec Sunderland)

When did this happen?

Or am i having a complete mental block <cr>

I dont want rid of Boyd, I just want us to find a striker in the Prso mould who can set up chances for Boyd to rattle in.

Not having anyone in the squad creating, makes Boyd look like a passenger. Folk have been saying this for moons now.

Let's pretend.

A bid comes in for Boyd in the summer from an English premier league team.

a. Wo will the bid be from ?

b. How much will they offer for him ?

Are poacher style strikers than successful in the premiership? Most of the poachers that score a lot of goals can score from other areas of the pitch too therefore you wouldn't really call them penalty box striker.

Shearer

Owen

Henry

Drogba

The can all score goals from outside the box as well as inside it. I think boyd's more of a penatly box striker. Just don;t think he'd be that succesful.

To answer the original question though:

We get feck all for our players cause we play in a Mickey Mouse league unless it's Souness that makes the bid therefore no more than 2 million.

Maybe a Man City, Fulham or Middlesbrough would pay it.

Why do Rangers fans want to sell the best goal scorer we have had since super Ally ? Git a grip for f***s sake. :angry2:

Well said mate but look who started the thread PLGs best friend ALBA :rolleyes: after all in ALBAS mind it was down to Ferguson and Boyd that PLG got the sack :rolleyes:

Boyd we could get £3-£4million from a team like Birmingham, Sunderland, Middlesborough etc

Well said mate but look who started the thread PLGs best friend ALBA :rolleyes: after all in ALBAS mind it was down to Ferguson and Boyd that PLG got the sack :rolleyes:

Boyd we could get £3-£4million from a team like Birmingham, Sunderland, Middlesborough etc

so we would get less for him than we will pay for |Brown ?

Looks like I am not alone in my estimation of his worth.

Besides which - PLG never got the sack

I don't think any Premiership team would take him, if they actually sat and watched him over the course of 10 games.

If had more of a work ethic then yes he would be more than what i would value him at, as for Scott Brown he is worth £3million tops no more than that and a think we will get him for that and as far as PLG is concerned of course he got the sack none of this he left by mutual consent crap we all know he got sacked

Let's pretend.

A bid comes in for Boyd in the summer from an English premier league team.

a. Wo will the bid be from ?

b. How much will they offer for him ?

Hopefully those financial morons at Stanford bridge will pay 12,000,000 for him,that seems to be the going rate in trades between our clubs for useless strikers. :Animation44:

If had more of a work ethic then yes he would be more than what i would value him at, as for Scott Brown he is worth £3million tops no more than that and a think we will get him for that and as far as PLG is concerned of course he got the sack none of this he left by mutual consent crap we all know he got sacked

You are absolutely right. Mutual consent basically means look you're going to get sacked so do you want to leave instead??

There's been a few people on here tonight saying they'd be happy if Boyd scored against everyone but Celtic.

Am I the only one that's astonished by this? A Rangers striker who can't score against Celtic? Should never be.

So now you are agreeing with me, well at least you think you are. Work ethic alone will add nothing to his value. He is the most incompetent football player since Ostenstad - he is simply an Egil Ostgenstad who can score.

PLG made the decision to leave, Murray did not wish him to go

The decision of when PLG went was made by Murray.

There was never anything mutual about it.