Newsnow Rangers, Alex Thomson on investigating Rangers.

pcbear

If you are happy with his lying, carry on.

Or maybe you actually believe him.

Or maybe the guy does genuinely suffer from selective hearing. Awful affliction i hear(sorry, i'm told)

I spent 3 years in Northern Ireland and I wouldn't know the Boys of the Old Brigade if you sung it to me now. I've no idea what he heard, or didn't hear, or indeed why. What concerns me is you are allowing that to cloud your judgement on everything he's written.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are being very unfair with these questions: it is possible that Alex Thomson, clever chap that he is, is using the nuances and subtleties of language to not quite state what we might sense he is getting at. 'Specifics'?: it is quite possible that his bravery doesn't quite extend as far as stating what he believes, because he knows that he will have to be 100%accurate or face libel.

I didn't feel it was unfair to ask for something specific, Oleg's a great poster on here, he might have provided an insight I'd missed. I'm not picking up on any nuances other than he thinks the whole thing sticks. I agree with that.

I don't want an investigation into Lawell. I don't believve Ogilvie is at all conflicted. That is the point I am making; if Ogilvie is conflicted because he is a former Rangers man, then anyone else at the SFA who has been involved at a club is also conflicted and should not be part of the decisoin making process at the SFA. Olgivie did not knowingly break any law. But then I don't believe we've knowningly used illegal EBTs. You do.

No, I don't. I'm just sceptical of SDM that's all, I'm trying to keep an open mind. It's hard I grant you.

It's not his connection to Rangers that's the issue, it's his connection to wrongdoing. If any wrongdoing took place.

No, I don't. I'm just sceptical of SDM that's all, I'm trying to keep an open mind. It's hard I grant you.

It's not his connection to Rangers that's the issue, it's his connection to wrongdoing. If any wrongdoing took place.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Thomson,s investigation about the EBT scheme? Then why isn't he investigating MIH ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Thomson,s investigation about the EBT scheme? Then why isn't he investigating MIH ?

Why would he need to investigate us when HMRC and the judges will decide if it is illegal or not? wacko.gif

So Ogilvie should step down from the SFA because he is 'conflicted' ( that's what Thomson says remember!) because he was part of an EBT scheme that is he believed to be legal and is currently being challenged in the courts? Not sure where Thomson is coming to the conclusion that he is 'conflicted'.

You're putting words in my mouth. I've not said Ogilvie should step down or that he's done anything wrong. You've used the instance of Thomson questioning whether Ogilvie has a conflict of interest by being the President of the SFA whilst an investigation into possible improper governance at the club he was a Director of is going on as an example of Thomson's bias. That's not an unfair question, indeed I'd be surprised if Ogilvie himself didn't ask it. He is innocent and shouldn't stand down I'd say, but to write off Thomson's investigation for asking the question is wrong in my opinion.

I understand he's investigating how the most successful club in the world and league champions managed to go into administration and possibly liquidation. The level of incompetence at play for us to have achieved that deserves better investigation than it has so far received.

Another of the anti rangers brigade, evidence that there is a concerted campaign against us, we need to start finding out more about these characters and their motivation, put the spotlight on them

Think its easy to see this guys motivation, its get Rangers into trouble at all costs. This whole 2 contracts thing he keeps brining up is the timmy fall back should we come out of admin under a c.v.a. If that fails this guy will start blogging about big bad Rangers fans singing songs.

Its clear this guy has phil 3 names controlling him some of his quotes are right off kerryfail st.

His blog last week with "Adam" the imaginary Rangers fan who wanted the club he claims to support hung drawn and quartered told anyone who saw it just what he will do to put the boot into us.

Think its easy to see this guys motivation, its get Rangers into trouble at all costs. This whole 2 contracts thing he keeps brining up is the timmy fall back should we come out of admin under a c.v.a. If that fails this guy will start blogging about big bad Rangers fans singing songs.

Its clear this guy has phil 3 names controlling him some of his quotes are right off kerryfail st.

His blog last week with "Adam" the imaginary Rangers fan who wanted the club he claims to support hung drawn and quartered told anyone who saw it just what he will do to put the boot into us.

Exactly. The mans agenda is ridiculous, he'll just ruin his own credibility, no-one elses. Its almost as if Philthy is writing the tweets at times.

But Ogilvie is not involved in the investigation. His work has nothing to do with any of it. I don't see why it's an issue worth bringing up as anything more than a passing thought (although Stewart Regan oddly thought Ogilvie was conflicted as well, but then I disagree with Regan as a rule of thumb!). One can't suggest impartiality from an individual not involved an investigation, and not at all consider the same with others involved in deciding guilt. To do so is, at best, really shoddy journalism. But I think we're getting too bogged down on this one point. It was just an example to illustrate how bizarre I think his approach has been. There, to me, seems to be a very definite determination to find wrong-doing at Rangers. He's come into this investigation having already decided the club, and those at the club, have broken laws/done something wrong. He's since taken any ideas where that might be and essentially said "What about here?" repeatedly. That is not good practice and suggests to me he has not approached his investigation with fairness in mind.

I welcome his investigation, but his whataboutery is boring and unjust.

No he isn't directly involved but he's the President of the whole organisation, that put's him in a difficult position. If we lose the big tax case Ogilvie will have to step down from the SFA, is there any doubt about that?

We are getting bogged down on this I agree.

For the record Thomson might have an agenda, I don't know, all I know is I welcome some sort of serious investigation into all this, as the latest SDM statement confirms there is still much dodging going on. It saddens me we as a support don't encourage more robust questioning of our past directors, the SFA and anyone connected to our downfall.

Ogilvie has no need to step down from the SFA on any decision of the tax case. He did not create it, he did not manage it. His employer offered to make him a member of it, following legal and tax advice that it was legal.

He operated in good faith and has stood aside while investigations go on.

If he is forced to stand down, it would be a travesty.

This has nothing to do with Philthy or McGlone, these muppets don't have the clout to get Alex involved. This comes from more serious heavyweights, lets see, perhaps Mr Reid or Mr Desmond or some other?

Philthy and McGlone are just joyriding and Alex is wanking them off because they are on script.

We need to be careful not to simply play into the hands of our enemies here. Thomson is a serious journalist, one with clout far outside the goldfish bowl of Scottish football. I personally welcomed his interest in us, we've been getting half-truths, agendas and lies from all and sundry for months, if not years, and that's partly why we're in the position we're in today.

We've a bad habit of closing ranks when someone writes something about us we don't like. Our first reaction is to shout 'Tim agenda' instead of looking to see what's accurate or informative. As a support we've not done enough to bring the perpetrators of all this to book. Why have we not been lobbying some non-sports journalists to uncover the truth about how we've got to this point? Why are we allowing vindictive, twisted Tims to push the agenda?

We're allowing Thomson to be influenced by people who hate us. Don't write him off as Quisling just yet, or at least then find someone else who can give us a genuine perspective on this mess that shines some light on the dark recesses we aren't able too. Influence should be a two way street and we should care far more about the truth than anyone else.

He is not reporting anything from Rangers side just has a hotline Twitter feed from anyone at hysterical dc.

Balance reporting and truth seeking he is not. I know there is no one defending CW but his tweets are like a giddy schoolgirl on kds discussing who fingered who last night.

Ogilvie has no need to step down from the SFA on any decision of the tax case. He did not create it, he did not manage it. His employer offered to make him a member of it, following legal and tax advice that it was legal.

He operated in good faith and has stood aside while investigations go on.

If he is forced to stand down, it would be a travesty.

He was a director of the club and a very senior employee, ignorance is a poor excuse. Ogilvie has always come over as a decent man, I don't think he'll be forced to stand down I think he'll just do it of his own volition.

He is not reporting anything from Rangers side just has a hotline Twitter feed from anyone at hysterical dc.

Balance reporting and truth seeking he is not. I know there is no one defending CW but his tweets are like a giddy schoolgirl on kds discussing who fingered who last night.

What's "Rangers side" in all this then?

I'd say "innocent until proven guilty", or it would be, were there anyone to argue our case, but there's not, so he's got carte blanche to do as he likes. His recent tweets about contacting UEFA, regarding Alex Salmond & Murdo Fraser, and these men having the temerity NOT to be "on message" in this crusade of his/his contacts, are no more than snide digs at Rangers, and one wonders what a serious journalist would want to be so blinkered for. His selective hearing is also an issue that should set alarm bells ringing amongst us. Poisonous bastards like this need liquidated, not our club.

I have read it, some of it is uncomfortable, some of it is old news regurgitated and some of it is bang on the money. What of it do you take issue with?

i put a comment on this reporter's objective :rolleyes: blog inquiring if he would consider doing a thorough investigative report on the paedo scandal at parkhead and the subsequent coverup; and asked him whether he believed such acts, if proved, would warrant retroactive deduction of scum titles that were concurrent with the sexual abuse, considering of the impact of such horror on scottish football and the victims, and how such acts would compare to (alleged) ebt tax avoidance.

this objective :rolleyes: journalist blocked the post.

he's got a fucking agenda, all right, not the least of which is a fucking limitless ego. rangers, he thinks, is a stepping stone for his career - little does he know that the he is treading on quicksand.

alex thimson is a wanker of the first order.

He is reporting is our "guilt"as au fait du compli.

D&P seem to be the only ones with facts yet he dies not report them.

I have seen his twitters of eating a sausage at the airport referring it to " succulent lamb" to the delight if the paedos.

His journolism is to sell scandal so I should nit be suprised he would prefer more fuel on the fire than water.

He is just a bheggar by his lapping up and spewing to the mhob.

I'd say "innocent until proven guilty", or it would be, were there anyone to argue our case, but there's not, so he's got carte blanche to do as he likes. His recent tweets about contacting UEFA, regarding Alex Salmond & Murdo Fraser, and these men having the temerity NOT to be "on message" in this crusade of his/his contacts, are no more than snide digs at Rangers, and one wonders what a serious journalist would want to be so blinkered for. His selective hearing is also an issue that should set alarm bells ringing amongst us. Poisonous bastards like this need liquidated, not our club.

What he eloquently said