I f*&king love....

Crespie6

been sat here watching old clips on youtube - some of the tackling was great. nobody diving around looking for penalties, just players playing the game. just watched highlights of the Kiev game - there was a few times when one of their players could have dived in the box, but never did. what the hell has happened in the last 25 years?? (yes, i'm starting to sound like my grandad), but in all seriousness, things were better in my day.

now i'm going to put on my slippers and smoke my pipe. :sherlock:

edit: listen to big Archie Macpherson in that game by the way. fantastic. uber-biased. probably wearing a scarf when he was doing it.

been sat here watching old clips on youtube - some of the tackling was great. nobody diving around looking for penalties, just players playing the game. just watched highlights of the Kiev game - there was a few times when one of their players could have dived in the box, but never did. what the hell has happened in the last 25 years?? (yes, i'm starting to sound like my grandad), but in all seriousness, things were better in my day.

now i'm going to put on my slippers and smoke my pipe. :sherlock:

edit: listen to big Archie Macpherson in that game by the way. fantastic. uber-biased. probably wearing a scarf when he was doing it.

Still probably the best atmosphere (at certain times) I can remember at Ibrox. :drool:

And Ally's header. :lol:

Souness was on the ball he watched Kiev training at Ibrox the night before

and then changed the width of the pitch itstopped their wingers and threw them off ,

Rangers were amazing that night, we should have won it that year

Souness was on the ball he watched Kiev training at Ibrox the night before

and then changed the width of the pitch itstopped their wingers and threw them off ,

Rangers were amazing that night, we should have won it that year

The pitch was changed the Saturday before the Kiev game when we beat Morton 7-0.

Agree with you re-winning the trophy. Alongside 78-79 they were the two occasions i thought we were in with a genuine chance of winning the EC.

Funny you say that I was looking at some old games on youtube this morning. Some cracking old firm games with tackles flighing in all over the place with the ref waving play on :lol: Wouldnt be a player left on the pitch if we played like that today. Get booked for good solid challenges today. The players had a good healthy "get it right up ye" approach to the opposition when they scored. Superb. Also watched us doing some huddles after beating the filth at the piggery. :clap::lol: :lol: :lol:

your right mate , the morton game first time i think i saw 2 rangers players

score 3 goals each super ally and mark falco , think fleck scored, i won the sweep on the bus

good money for a thirteen year old happy days :uk:

I was in the Broomloan rear, next to around 50 Ulstermen. What an atmosphere and what banter, brilliant. Pity my dad got his pocket dipped leaving the enclosure as he lifted my young brother up out of the crowd exiting.

your right mate , the morton game first time i think i saw 2 rangers players

score 3 goals each super ally and mark falco , think fleck scored, i won the sweep on the bus

good money for a thirteen year old happy days :uk:

(tu)

Bit odd watching souness knock it back 50 yards for the keeper to pick up!

When was the rules changed to the keeper not being allowed to pick up?

1992. The 1990 World Cup was deemed to be the absolute nadir of defensive and time-wasting football, so they changed the rules.

The atmosphere was amazing that night, I was in the east enclosure

Best atmosphere at Ibrox EVER!

I was in the Broomloan rear and when the 2nd goal went in a copper grabbed me and hugged me,

he was screamin his head off. laugh.gif