The BK Speak!

By JOHN MCGARRY

PUBLISHED: 23:00, 13 April 2012 | UPDATED: 23:00, 13 April 2012

Comments (0)

No impact: Paul Murray unfazed by the new proposals

Paul Murray revealed the SPL's 'newco' proposals won't impact on his plans to rescue the stricken Ibrox club.

The head of the Blue Knights consortium broke his silence on Friday night in the wake of suggested rule changes made public by the league this week which would see clubs that liquidate and reform hit with a 10-point penalty for two seasons and a 75-percent reduction in commercial revenue for three terms.

Chicago-based tycoon Bill Miller welcomed the proposed rule changes which will be voted upon by the 12 clubs on April 30, while Bill Ng, the Singapore businessman, said they would not change the position of his consortium, either.

Despite administrators Duff & Phelps saying the timing of the SPL's proposal would delay the naming of a preferred bidder, none of the three parties in the running are looking at liquidation as their first course of action.

'It doesn't change our position at all,' Murray told Sportsmail on Friday night.

'We are focused on a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) and, on the assumption we exit administration that way before the start of next season, my reading of the proposal is there wouldn't be any further penalties.

'They are very much aimed at a "newco" type structure as opposed to a CVA.' Despite Duff & Phelps stating that the proposed 'newco' rule change was a setback to the naming of the preferred bidder, Murray remained hopeful last night that such an announcement was imminent.

And while he is optimistic the Blue Knights will be given the news they've been looking for, he feels the transparency given this week by rival bidders has eliminated some of the fears among supporters.

'We've still to hear from the administrator with regard to the preferred bidder status,' Murray (right) added.

'I feel I've got a lot to offer the club. Equally, I've always said my only objective here is to make sure the club gets into safe hands.

'As long as the club's interests are being looked after, and there's a better bid from someone else, I'd happily step aside.

Is this him starting the spin if he loses ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he does lose tbh as there's too many ifs & buts & a massive element of chance about TBKs bid & it doesn't inspire confidence if they can't even get their sums right when just placing a bid in the first place!!

By JOHN MCGARRY

PUBLISHED: 23:00, 13 April 2012 | UPDATED: 23:00, 13 April 2012

Comments (0)

No impact: Paul Murray unfazed by the new proposals

Paul Murray revealed the SPL's 'newco' proposals won't impact on his plans to rescue the stricken Ibrox club.

The head of the Blue Knights consortium broke his silence on Friday night in the wake of suggested rule changes made public by the league this week which would see clubs that liquidate and reform hit with a 10-point penalty for two seasons and a 75-percent reduction in commercial revenue for three terms.

Chicago-based tycoon Bill Miller welcomed the proposed rule changes which will be voted upon by the 12 clubs on April 30, while Bill Ng, the Singapore businessman, said they would not change the position of his consortium, either.

Despite administrators Duff & Phelps saying the timing of the SPL's proposal would delay the naming of a preferred bidder, none of the three parties in the running are looking at liquidation as their first course of action.

'It doesn't change our position at all,' Murray told Sportsmail on Friday night.

'We are focused on a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) and, on the assumption we exit administration that way before the start of next season, my reading of the proposal is there wouldn't be any further penalties.

'They are very much aimed at a "newco" type structure as opposed to a CVA.' Despite Duff & Phelps stating that the proposed 'newco' rule change was a setback to the naming of the preferred bidder, Murray remained hopeful last night that such an announcement was imminent.

And while he is optimistic the Blue Knights will be given the news they've been looking for, he feels the transparency given this week by rival bidders has eliminated some of the fears among supporters.

'We've still to hear from the administrator with regard to the preferred bidder status,' Murray (right) added.

'I feel I've got a lot to offer the club. Equally, I've always said my only objective here is to make sure the club gets into safe hands.

'As long as the club's interests are being looked after, and there's a better bid from someone else, I'd happily step aside.

Is this him starting the spin if he loses ?

If he cares about the club as much as we are lead to believe he will be happy to see it well run if another of the bids is preferred and indeed can back it up. On here we have seen the divisions between people regards the BK, if the lead knight, or whatever you would call the leader, says the bit in bold even someone like you know who on here cannot complain-cue Gunslinger............ ;)

If he cares about the club as much as we are lead to believe he will be happy to see it well run if another of the bids is preferred and indeed can back it up. On here we have seen the divisions between people regards the BK, if the lead knight, or whatever you would call the leader, says the bit in bold even someone like you know who on here cannot complain-cue Gunslinger............ ;)

if we get a good owner I will be delightded no matter who it is.

of course one of the bidders is so bad Brian Kennedy says he will do anything to stop them owning us.

two have plans that are affected by liquidation rules. the openly admitt that.

so I know who I hope wins.

so unlike the other two bids rules on liquidation don't affect this one.

says a lot really.

Where have the other 2 bids said the rule changes affect them? As far as I'm aware they haven't. Both have said the same as TBK in that their main priority is to effect a CVA.

Where have the other 2 bids said the rule changes affect them? As far as I'm aware they haven't. Both have said the same as TBK in that their main priority is to effect a CVA.

All bids have now said they prefer a CVA solution.

That solution will be at the hands of the creditors and if they accept, if not the bidders would look very stupid if they had not had a plan in place for liquidation.

The bid with the most cash will win it, that does not look like TBK.

That solution will be at the hands of the creditors and if they accept, if not the bidders would look very stupid if they had not had a plan in place for liquidation.

That's exactly what I thought. Thx for that

both have said that punishments that only apply in a newco senario affect their budgets.

The bid with the most cash will win it, that does not look like TBK.

Based on?

so unlike the other two bids rules on liquidation don't affect this one.

says a lot really.

I remember you posting when Kennedy bid and said if the BK/Ticketus bid was better for the club that he would not stand in their way.

You were quite critical at the time of Kennedy saying that but this time its not worthy of a mention.

both have said that punishments that only apply in a newco senario affect their budgets.

Don't think they actually said that as such, but obviously it would affect their "backup plan" if you like, which probs would be the newco route. But at least they've got a backup. What'll TBK do if creditors refuse a CVA? Walk away? If so then they're really not worth backing at all are they? When the going gets tough, TBK get going yeah?

None of us really want a newco, but at the end of the day, if a CVA isn't possible & its the only way of "saving" the club we love, then so be it. But I'd rather have an owner that can make & accept tough decisions than one that would walk away or have no contingency plan.

Them having to go cap in hand to Ticketus.

The Missing 25 million Pre-Whyte takeover.

Thats two things.

The Ticketus situation is far from ideal, I agree, but every bidder will have to deal with them one way or another.

If it was there a year ago, I wouldn't see how it could be missing now. I suspect that will be part of what will underwrite the share issue - if that is what is really planned.

Thanks for pointing out the number. (tu)

The various noises being made by the media on a daily basis.

I don't think anyone has put TBK as being the front runners in terms of cash in all of this and cash is what it comes down to.

Thanks. I thought that you may have had some insider information.

I remember you posting when Kennedy bid and said if the BK/Ticketus bid was better for the club that he would not stand in their way.

You were quite critical at the time of Kennedy saying that but this time its not worthy of a mention.

Kennedy didn't sound like he wanted to buy us at all. p Murray does.

Don't think they actually said that as such, but obviously it would affect their "backup plan" if you like, which probs would be the newco route. But at least they've got a backup. What'll TBK do if creditors refuse a CVA? Walk away? If so then they're really not worth backing at all are they? When the going gets tough, TBK get going yeah?

None of us really want a newco, but at the end of the day, if a CVA isn't possible & its the only way of "saving" the club we love, then so be it. But I'd rather have an owner that can make & accept tough decisions than one that would walk away or have no contingency plan.

its exactly what they are saying as such. no matter whether people want to believe it or not.

so not wanting us as a newco is a negative now?

fuck me.

its exactly what they are saying as such. no matter whether people want to believe it or not.

so not wanting us as a newco is a negative now?

fuck me.

No, I think what he was saying is that not having a plan put in place if a newco was the only option (CVA not being accepted) would be crazy. You need more than one plan in this kind of situation no matter what your intentions may be as many things can change quickly.

No, I think what he was saying is that not having a plan put in place if a newco was the only option (CVA not being accepted) would be crazy. You need more than one plan in this kind of situation no matter what your intentions may be as many things can change quickly.

letting someone else liquidate us is a back up plan.