Brian Kennedy renewed interest possible.

allanh91

Brian Kennedy could "reconsider his position" over his interest in Rangers after the Blue Knights took a step back from the takeover process last night. The Sale Sharks owner said: "I do not want to distract the time critical process of appointing preferred bidders. However should this fall through with the effect of endangering the existence of RFC, I would reconsider my position."

Put up or shut up, I don't won't some half hearted effort if he wants us get on with it

If he thinks the other bids are better, then he'll keep out of the way, therefore doing the right thing for the club.

But if things go tits up, he says he will step up.

i dont thint its half hearted, i think bk made it clear he'd do anything to stop us going out of business. His bid was determined not good enough, but he's probably the one bid that i dont question the integrity, honesty and ability of.

Im not sure the blue knights have the cash, and the other two well, id be worried that the club may be poorly run if they took over! Kennedy would in my opinion cut things back and get this club running properly before maybe doing what he did with stockport and turning it over to the fans (or blue knights) once we are in a better way!

Is it better we go for CVA, but remain in admin to protect us from FTT ??

A CVA is a form of exit from admin. As soon as you get it, that's you out. Also, being in admin would mean no new signings or expenditure on things like stadium upgrades, it would basically be us remaining in a brutal cost cutting situation just to keep us afloat, and wouldn't allow development on OR off the park.

I don't know if the tax case verdict is better delayed or coming out now.

Might we not get a better chance of a settlement before it comes out due to the uncertainty ?

If they came out and said we lost totally, HMRC might not be so keen to give up so much.

Does anyone know if HMRC can even do a deal in a CVA that will involve a case that hasn't even got a verdict yet ?

Might we not get a better chance of a settlement before it comes out due to the uncertainty ?

If they came out and said we lost totally, HMRC might not be so keen to give up so much.

Does anyone know if HMRC can even do a deal in a CVA that will involve a case that hasn't even got a verdict yet ?

I'm pretty sure Rangers can settle it out of court and say something like> "Right lads, we'll pretend we lost just for the sake of moving things along, and pay you an extra 5p in the £ than what we were going to".

And yes, it will happen exactly like that. :P

2m David Hillier ‏ @DavidHillier Reply RetweetedRetweet

Delete

FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details @dl2068 no but they can discuss scenarios.

This guy has stated he would come in to try to save our Club if all others fail. How can you possibly find fault with that?

He's a very succesful business man not a charity or more important (by his own admission) not a Rangers fan so what's his motives? He's wealthy but not wealthy enough to throw about tens of millions just because he "cares".

He's a very succesful business man not a charity or more important (by his own admission) not a Rangers fan so what's his motives? He's wealthy but not wealthy enough to throw about tens of millions just because he "cares".

His wife and her family are all big Rangers fans and he watched more Gers games than his old boyhood team. His best mate (now brother-in-law) is the Ger who took him to Ibrox. He is also very friendly with Graeme Souness. He has stated that he would hate to see such an institution as Rangers FC going to the wall. His only failing is his inability to prevent such negative posts from sceptics.

His wife and her family are all big Rangers fans and he watched more Gers games than his old boyhood team. His best mate (now brother-in-law) is the Ger who took him to Ibrox. He is also very friendly with Graeme Souness. He has stated that he would hate to see such an institution as Rangers FC going to the wall. His only failing is his inability to prevent such negative posts from sceptics.

Come on mate am not saying he isn't a decent guy but look at the reasons you just stated for his interest in us to get where he is in life sentiment doesn't come into it. I am not saying he would be bad for us but his reasoning so far is nothing more than playing to the gallery. If he did get the club I certainly wouldn't be expecting any serious investment