CM

john2002

I'm not even going to think about next season yet. We still have a long way to go before we start it, and even though things are looking promising, we can't even guarantee Davis will still be here.

I'm looking as far as this weekend coming against the scum. That will do nicely for me

..................................shagger

Whittaker.............goian......boca.......Wallace

..................................McCabe

...........................,,Davis........ness

..................Naismith

....................................................aluko

................................New CF

Looks a side capable of takin the title back from the scum! If we can't sign a striker mculloch lafferty or little could do the business up top.

:drool: :drool:

Finances will depend whether we get a new CF or not. If not, I wouldn't object to playing Andy Little.

I'd also rather Perry play ahead of Goian. Boca should be the man to ease him into a first team regular spot. Much like Davie Weir did for Danny Wilson.

We don't have to have one specified player to play in a position. Different games call for slightly different players, and each of the players you named have something different to offer.

There's no reason that all of them couldn't play a role at some point over the course of a season, provided players like Bartley and Papac don't get shoehorned in there should a more "established player" be injured or suspended.

This thread is ridiculous

Even if TBK takeover and we agree a CVA of 12p in the £ we will still have a wage bill that is far too high, we will have to pay a certian amount to Ticketus every season and will have to pay a few million every season to the CVA pot this all together will put a big strain on any on field matters it's likley that Naismith, Davis, McGregor, Lafferty, Edu could be sold I wouldn't mind selling Davis, Edu & Lafferty to raise finances especially Davis as he is getting older now and we won't have much time left to sell him for a big fee that's one thing that needs to change we hang onto our players for too long look at Bougherra we could have got 7/8 Million for him a few season ago but we waited to long and only got £1.7 Million Davis has flattered to decieve this season and is stagnating he should be sold to raise finances as we have allot of young players capable in that position i.e Ness, Hutton, McCabe, McLeod, Ramsey & Mitchell.

So in reality we haven't got a clue what the team will look like next season it's pointless to even speculate as most likley the team will be completley different.

McCabe and Edu is a more imposing midfield than one with Davis in it. McCabe sits, breaks up play and makes passes in a way that Davis hasn't realised is possible yet, and this allows Edu to be a more imposing figure further up the park, whilst also allowing him to track runners in his usual fashion.

Davis is expendable, as sad as it is.

If we have to suffer the expected pain of radical wage trimming, I'm afraid I would look at Davis leaving. I really like him as a player, he is frequently the most creative player on the park, I just think that if we are going with youth over the next couple of years, midfield is an area where we seem to have a lot of young potential. I like the thought of a fit Ness partnering McCabe.

Keep the ball on the ground, running through those two, with some decent options ahead of them (Aluko, Naismith, Little, etc depending on budgets) and I think we could do just fine as we build again.