european court of human rights

soulboy

I would suggest using European Union Law relating to restraint of trade.

You are correct, the SFA do not have a leg to stand on, it is illegal under euro law to prevent by any means a company from carrying out its lawful business and obligations, note the important word lawfull, the SFA kangaroo panel has no jurisdiction in law.

If you take your FA to court you can be thrown out of all competition. There have been registration bans all over Europe including Sion, and all upheld in the European Court of Arbitration for Sport. Bit of a non-starter I'm afraid.

Chelsea!

Ya child molestin bastard

You are correct, the SFA do not have a leg to stand on, it is illegal under euro law to prevent by any means a company from carrying out its lawful business and obligations, note the important word lawfull, the SFA kangaroo panel has no jurisdiction in law.

well we'll see you in the euro courts then SFA scumbags

If you take your FA to court you can be thrown out of all competition. There have been registration bans all over Europe including Sion, and all upheld in the European Court of Arbitration for Sport. Bit of a non-starter I'm afraid.

Fans could take them to court. Something is either legal or its not.

was it not the case with Sion that they played players who were not eligible to play in europe rather than they were stopped from signing them

uefa are subject to euro law also they cannot pick and chose, Bosman ring any bells. There is the added bonus that the sfa would be in shit street with uefa when we take them to court, ironically for failing to have a member club adhere to statute, I can't wait get Beltrami !

was it not the case with Sion that they played players who were not eligible to play in europe rather than they were stopped from signing them

From what I recall, they were banned by their FA from making signings, for inducing a player to break his contract with another club, they then signed 6 players regardless, and then went on to play the signed players in domestic and European competition.

From what I recall, they were banned by their FA from making signings, for inducing a player to break his contract with another club, they then signed 6 players regardless, and then went on to play the signed players in domestic and European competition.

What other club in Europe are banned from signing players? Has there ever been a club banned from signing players. Why are you and others supporting this?

What other club in Europe are banned from signing players? Has there ever been a club banned from signing players. Why are you and others supporting this?

Almost every team in Europe that is in any form of administration are banned by their FA's from signing players. Chelsea were banned, but appealed and won, Sion were banned and lost, Santander, Porstmouth, and if memory serves AC Milan and Juventus had bans when they were found guilty of match fixing.

I'm not supporting this ban at all, I don't know where the fuck you got that from, I'm only saying that taking the SFA court could prove more problematic than useful. The appeals procedure would be our best bet, citing the clubs current predicament, and the need to find a buyer.

Almost every team in Europe that is in any form of administration are banned by their FA's from signing players. Chelsea were banned, but appealed and won, Sion were banned and lost, Santander, Porstmouth, and if memory serves AC Milan and Juventus had bans when they were found guilty of match fixing.

I'm not supporting this ban at all, I don't know where the fuck you got that from, I'm only saying that taking the SFA court could prove more problematic than useful. The appeals procedure would be our best bet, citing the clubs current predicament, and the need to find a buyer.

Our best bet would be to bury these sfa twats in the deepest shit we can find, uefa may well provide it once we take the sfa to the EC.

It should be said that the wheels of European justice move slowly ... very slowly. Someone mentioned the Bosman case and that started when his contract expired in 1990, with the court finally making the landmark "Bosman Ruling" in 1995. December 1995.

The ban is not on signing players. We can sign as many players as we wish if we have the money to do so and pay their wages, however they cannot be registered with the SFA and therefore can't play in any official competition subject to the rules of the SFA, UEFA or FIFA, which includes the SPL. Not much to send to the ECHR.