No Brugge Match

CONTRARY to reports in today's press, Rangers will not be playing a pre-season friendly match with Belgian side Cercle Brugge.

The Belgian club carried a story on their official club website including Rangers as part of their pre-season programme.

This was picked up by a number of media outlets in Scotland, but there are no plans in place for such a match.

The club has not finalised plans for pre-season matches and when such details are put in place an announcement will be made through official channels.

For confirmed details of any pre-season fixtures fans should continue to follow the club's official website.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2786272?

Great wee trip that would be.

It might still go ahead, obviously Rangers can't announce anything at the moment, but there will be negotiations going on here and there. I suspect somebody at the Brugges and just jumped the gun.

It might still go ahead, obviously Rangers can't announce anything at the moment, but there will be negotiations going on here and there. I suspect somebody at the Brugges and just jumped the gun.

My thoughts too. It's a bit left-field for Cercle to have plucked it from nowhere.

Hope no one booked flight.

spent two hours this morning looking at the best deals with eurostar. found a cracking one, out friday 20th july back mon 23rd july (game was supposed to be on sunday 22nd july),door to door almost from my local station to london st.p,eurostar to brussels,ICE express train to bruges and three nights in a hotel next to bruges station £297 all in. lucky I saw that message on the official site before I paid for the trip!!!