Can someone clear this up

i would have thought that too but if that was the case then hmrc would demand rangers sell their assets (of a reported over 100 million) to pay them. however i dont think it can be done, dont know why but we will be keeping our assets and company. our club and history live on just the company goes under

I was aware that green is attempting to buy them for 5.5 mil. But to me it doesn't make sense. Surely all creditors would be paid off through repossession before someone (who is owed nothing) could buy them. I just don't see how HMRC are getting nothing but are allowing 5.5 mil, which could go to them, to be bought by green unchallenged.

I was aware that green is attempting to buy them for 5.5 mil. But to me it doesn't make sense. Surely all creditors would be paid off through repossession before someone (who is owed nothing) could buy them. I just don't see how HMRC are getting nothing but are allowing 5.5 mil, which could go to them, to be bought by green unchallenged.

hmrc are unsecured whytey isn't

Yeah an if it was repossessed do u think someone's goin to give 100 mill for ibrox an training facility. Greens buying it for 5.5 mill cos he's the only show in town. It's a done deal as far as am led to believe.

assets need to be sold for a fair value - at the moment if someone came in and offered say 6m for ibrox and 2 mil for achenhowie then green is fked - that's why the need for speed ! but who is prepared to anti up more than 5.5 m !!?

assets need to be sold for a fair value - at the moment if someone came in and offered say 6m for ibrox and 2 mil for achenhowie then green is fked - that's why the need for speed ! but who is prepared to anti up more than 5.5 m !!?

Can you clarify this mate?

Whoever buys Ibrox, Auchenhowie, and the Albion (ie Rangers FC) does this mean they own the lot debt free?

I think we may see a couple more bids being made if this is the case.

Joint-administrator Paul Clark says they would not be obliged to consider, or accept, any larger bids for Rangers from other interested parties at this stage, and he told Rangers' official website: "No, we wouldn't. It is a done deal, it's a contractual arrangement."

He added: "We had a two-stage arrangement with Charles Green. There was the CVA in place. If for whatever reason that CVA couldn't be concluded, then the sale of the business and assets agreement would be concluded so it's a done deal."

It's the Limited Company that is being liquidated, not the business. The business which includes the assets like Ibrox, the Car Park and the Training Ground that is being sold to Green. The business will continue under a new company. Happens all the time in the real world.