If we are voted back in, are we sitting ducks?

Ricky_

My biggest fear, and unfortunatly my prediction is that on the 4th of July we will win a yes vote, and be allowed back into the SPL.

there will then be yet another delay, probably of around 12 days, when the clubs will hold another meeting and come up with a punishment.

At this point we will be sitting ducks, as members of the SPL our only opposition to any sanctions, no matter how tough they are, will be to appeal, which we will lose. Many will see it "be grateful your even in the league". theres no way charles Green is going to refuse the sanctions and pull out of the league if that happens. Even if he did we woudl probably recieve some kind of lifelong ban from the SFA and never be allowed to compete in Scottish Football again, and for the "we could join englad" brigade, 1 sure fire way to never getting into England would be getting a life ban elsewhere.

The point i'm trying to make is that our fans seem to have this idea that we will be presented with an option; SPL with such & such sanctions which will be presented to us before the vote, or apply to Division 3.

That's not unfair enough, or sneaky enough for the SPL.

The way i see it we are presented with the situation, that if we get a YES vote, then we run the risk of being sitting ducks for whatever made up punishment they can throw at us, at a later date. thats the gamble Green took when he rolled the dice on the SPL application. In all honesty, i think we should completely abandon the application and look elsewhere for a fresh start.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW THE FUCK CAN THEY GIVE A NEWCO SANCTIONS,THATS HAS TO BE AGAINST THE FUCKING LAW! THEY EITHER VOTE US IN OR OUT SURELY? PREFERABLY OUT!

because we are still the club, we can't have it both ways, I just wish people would wake up with this division 3 pish to get it up other clubs. I would take the spl with sanctions every day of the week over div 3. Even with a points deductions, we are the Rangers, and we will fight our way up the table.

If we do play in the SPL, we get to boycott the cunts that kicked us.

I look forward to seeing the empty stadiums up and down the country, on Sky TV.

this also, no point bitching about other clubs then we get supporters going to away grounds and that includes the scum in the east end

because we are still the club, we can't have it both ways, I just wish people would wake up with this division 3 pish to get it up other clubs. I would take the spl with sanctions every day of the week over div 3. Even with a points deductions, we are the Rangers, and we will fight our way up the table.

How often do you wash your white flag :craphead:

I would take the spl with sanctions every day of the week over div 3.

why? why would you want to watch us rollover to these corrupt bastards and play on with our hands behind our backs while these cunts cash in on the TV deal we bring?

What's so bad about Division 3?

But surely we keep our pride if we go to Div3.

In the SPL we will forever be accused of being cheats and too big to go down.

We can fight our way back into the SPL with honour and dignity, then take our revenge on those who kicked us when we were down.

why? why would you want to watch us rollover to these corrupt bastards and play on with our hands behind our backs while these cunts cash in on the TV deal we bring?

What's so bad about Division 3?

I will take division 3 if that is our punishment but I wont be volunteering for it just to get it up other clubs.

How many times must I say this: they can't vote for sanctions, only Yes or No

Someone find the statement

North Road, they can vote yes then apply sanctions at a later date.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9300593/SPL-decides-against-fixed-penalties-for-newco-clubs-after-setting-new-financial-fair-play-rules.html

A proposed rule change would have seen clubs who undergo an "insolvency transfer" docked 10 points for two seasons and lose 75 per cent of their income for three years.

However, after a resolution was passed which means the decision on admitting a newco club, formerly taken by the six-man SPL board, would be made by all clubs, SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster described the fixed penalty as "not appropriate".

He said: "With the change in rules meaning that any application for a share transfer would now be considered by the clubs in a general meeting rather than the board, a fixed penalty is not appropriate.

"The clubs have decided that, should they be in a situation in future where they were considering an application for the transfer of share to a newco, it would be on the basis that the members could impose a sanction proportionate to the individual circumstances.

they can vote us in, then, they can decide upon sanctions for the membership transfer - and anything goes. The rule they wanted to put in place was -10pts for 3 years & 75% reduced revenue for 3 years.

so you can expect the sanctions to be in that ballpark.

They will find any way to punish us. If we successfully argue that the sins of RFC PLC cannot be visited on the club, they will simply reframe any sanction as a 'tax' for direct entry to the SPL. If we point out that we never left the SPL, they will try to pin RFC PLC's sins on us, using that logic against us.

It is not a settled matter in law (given the unusual situation), but IMHO the private members club-like nature of the SPL will mean they can pretty much do what they like to us.

Which is worse- bending over to take whatever they feel like giving us, or a new club starting at the foot of the SFL? Is there another option? Of the two, I'd stay in the SPL, and carefully make a note of who shafts us, how, and with what degree of romance. Once we are back to full strength, we can repay them in kind.

We can fight our way back into the SPL with honour and dignity, then take our revenge on those who kicked us when we were down.

but the vote isn't ours so if we stay we can hold our heads high as we never made the decision, let's not forgot the spl panel bottled it and put it over to the clubs, total shitebags

I will take division 3 if that is our punishment but I wont be volunteering for it just to get it up other clubs.

it's not just to get it up them, it would allow us to grow while they crash an burn. It's a rat race and we can take the league. Division 3 wouldnt be a disaster, it would just be a slow rebuilding process, our outgoings would be very little and we could build something of a healthy bank balance, while bringing through youth talent.

Some of those kicking us won't be around when we return to the top league mate.

Hopefully.

but the vote isn't ours so if we stay we can hold our heads high as we never made the decision, let's not forgot the spl panel bottled it and put it over to the clubs, total shitebags

You don't do irony. :craphead:

North Road, they can vote yes then apply sanctions at a later date.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9300593/SPL-decides-against-fixed-penalties-for-newco-clubs-after-setting-new-financial-fair-play-rules.html

they can vote us in, then, they can decide upon sanctions for the membership transfer - and anything goes. The rule they wanted to put in place was -10pts for 3 years & 75% reduced revenue for 3 years.

so you can expect the sanctions to be in that ballpark.

Brilliant. We're probably the only club in the country who could cope with this. I wonder how the others will manage when their turn comes around.