If we are voted back in, are we sitting ducks?

Ricky_

They will find any way to punish us. If we successfully argue that the sins of RFC PLC cannot be visited on the club, they will simply reframe any sanction as a 'tax' for direct entry to the SPL. If we point out that we never left the SPL, they will try to pin RFC PLC's sins on us, using that logic against us.

It is not a settled matter in law (given the unusual situation), but IMHO the private members club-like nature of the SPL will mean they can pretty much do what they like to us.

Which is worse- bending over to take whatever they feel like giving us, or a new club starting at the foot of the SFL? Is there another option? Of the two, I'd stay in the SPL, and carefully make a note of who shafts us, how, and with what degree of romance. Once we are back to full strength, we can repay them in kind.

what if the sanctions are 3 years starting with -10pts & reduced 75% revenue?

what does that offer the fans? An team that can't realistically compete for the title with 10pts behind out rivals, a team that has 75% less income to spend in the transfer market or wage budget than our rivals?

how many season ticket holders are going to be happy paying for that?

3 years in the lower leagues would probably generate more revnue than 25% of the SPL's anyway, not to mention be far more interesting journey for the fans - and some outstanding away days.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just would not give the scum the oppertunity.

They will vote yes with said sanctions, so we should man up and do the right thing and watch the SPL collapse around them .Then when we return make them squirm And we also have the 3 years no Europe .Dont see the point playing in a league with hands tied and nothing to show.

Then if we go to SFL we compete for something and help smaller Teams in Scotland .

Unless somebody can suggest anything else iether that drop yer breeks, and prepare for it .cause thats what they want.

3 years starting with -10pts & reduced 75% revenue?

That's 75% of SPL-distributed monies, not of total income. We'd have stayed in the top flight, undermining accusations of being a new club. We would definitely be good to go in season 4 (vs. 'probably' back to the SPL in season 4 - and the more we spend to guarantee this 3 year progression, the less we'll have saved).

Not that it is a big consideration right now, but the div 3 option, whilst a) wrecking the other SPL clubs (heh), will also b) wreck the other SPL clubs (hmm). Just because we're temporarily removed from the top of the tree, is no reason to destroy the tree. We are good at being of the top of it, and it is nice up there.

But surely we keep our pride if we go to Div3.

In the SPL we will forever be accused of being cheats and too big to go down.

We can fight our way back into the SPL with honour and dignity, then take our revenge on those who kicked us when we were down.

[/quot

we are going to be labelled tax cheats anyway. I'd would rather be that than some pedofested IRA supporting scum any day, they have no moral high ground on our club, they have no moral compass. as for the smaller clubs, fuck them.

I just would not give the scum the oppertunity.

They will vote yes with said sanctions, so we should man up and do the right thing and watch the SPL collapse around them .Then when we return make them squirm And we also have the 3 years no Europe .Dont see the point playing in a league with hands tied and nothing to show.

Then if we go to SFL we compete for something and help smaller Teams in Scotland .

Unless somebody can suggest anything else iether that drop yer breeks, and prepare for it .cause thats what they want.

so you have surrendered the leauge prior to a ball being kicked ?

3 years starting with -10pts & reduced 75% revenue?

That's 75% of SPL-distributed monies, not of total income. We'd have stayed in the top flight, undermining accusations of being a new club. We would definitely be good to go in season 4 (vs. 'probably' back to the SPL in season 4 - and the more we spend to guarantee this 3 year progression, the less we'll have saved).

Not that it is a big consideration right now, but the div 3 option, whilst a) wrecking the other SPL clubs (heh), will also b) wreck the other SPL clubs (hmm). Just because we're temporarily removed from the top of the tree, is no reason to destroy the tree. We are good at being of the top of it, and it is nice up there.

indeed, it's 75% of SPL distributed cash, but that means we only get 25% of the TV money we should be getting. Celtic get 100%.

We only get 25% of the prize money we should be getting.

Season Ticket sales will drop, i know die-hard gers men who won't go back if we agree to such sanctions - not to mention there is unlikely to be any title race to keep us interested.

Sanctions as far as i can see only allow Celtic to progress, to invest further, and win the league easily against a weakened Rangers, as planned. It could be 7 or 8 years before we get back on even terms.

Lets us rebuild and through the rest of the SPL teams a curveball on dealing with a huge funding shortfall overnight.

But surely we keep our pride if we go to Div3.

In the SPL we will forever be accused of being cheats and too big to go down.

We can fight our way back into the SPL with honour and dignity, then take our revenge on those who kicked us when we were down.

if the sfa get their way with the re-organisation plan there may only be 3 divisions spl 1 spl 2 and the third.

there was also talk of the sfa only dropping rangers down 1 league to spl 2 as its to be known.

i believe this would be the best solution.to drop down to the current div 3 would mean 3 long years in the wilderness

For the sake of Peter 1872 I ask do you think if Rangers FC stay in the SPL with 10 points deduction and 75% loss of money , can we keep the Team we have? We would have to get rid of our big earners first off.

Then we would be straight away playing with young boys with points already off .

Then yes we would be lucky to make top Six, and i am being realistic about this.

So we go to the 3rd no sanctions dignity intact no accusations of cheating we cut our cloth to suit and still have Fair Income.

As someone said they envy your niavety.

For the sake of Peter 1872 I ask do you think if Rangers FC stay in the SPL with 10 points deduction and 75% loss of money , can we keep the Team we have? We would have to get rid of our big earners first off.

Then we would be straight away playing with young boys with points already off .

Then yes we would be lucky to make top Six, and i am being realistic about this.

So we go to the 3rd no sanctions dignity intact no accusations of cheating we cut our cloth to suit and still have Fair Income.

indeed. even without sanctions, the fact we have no european football could mean that we can't afford the wages of the top earners & they may not have any desire to spend 3 years with no attraction other than domestic scottish football.

if the sanctions are antyhing close to 75% reduced revenue from TV & prize money + -10pts for 3 seasons i can hardly imagine the fans bothering to watch, nevermind the players finding inspiration.

Words fail me to express the level of disgust that I feel toward many sections of scottish football. Not only some fans which could be expected but the behaviour of some senior representatives of certain clubs in particular IMO is beyond disgraceful and whipping up by certain sections of the media I believe will result in bloodshed should there not be a sufficient cooling off period before the start of the season. The inaction of press regulatory bodies in this matter is deplorable for me.

Considering Rangers as a club and it's new management, the players, nor the greatest victims in all this namely the rangers fans can possibly be held to account for the actions of certain individuals no longer connected with the club. Just who are they trying to punish.

For me it is clear that the motivation for sanctions against rangers is clearly motivated by the benefit to members clubs by handicapping rangers as much as possible far more than any possible link to justice for charges which should be levelled at those long gone not the people trying to rescue a scottish institution, it's players, or it's loyal fans,collectively Rangers Football Club still the greatest club in the land.

We should be telling the club that we wont renew, or buy new season tickets, unless we leave the SPL.

We should not be allowing ourselves to be made fools of.

i honestly think that it would be in our best interests just to go to division 3. We are underestmating just how fucked we could end up if we get back in then hit with sanctions. if they suspend us for a season or something (which i wouldnt put past them) we could be really fucked.

king talking about non commercial sponsors doesnt exactly sound like cutting our cloth

Yes we are sitting ducks. The new sanction from the SFA is delayed until after the vote. The SPL sanctions will be decided after the vote. The EBT investigation will bring charges after the vote. I for one won't have an interest in a league artificially made uncompetitive by points deductions and thieving our gate money.

I would take the drop to the 3rd Division, season tickets will be around £50-£150. Which means more people will purchase them to get behind the new team, that will bring in money to the club. Wouldn't want to go into the SPL as I personally feel it would be unfair to teams hat are fighting to get promotion! we can just demolish them in 3 seasons and get back up there and ruin celtics celebrations!

The spl are out now to feck us over big time and it's seem's like the people who run the club are going to let them, i will be stunned if we don't start in the spl on minus 20 points at least next season. Too much bloodlust and hatred of protestants going on in this country right now.

Rangers are now the equivalent of the death star fans of other teams just want to see us blown up even if we take them with us in the resulting explosion.

The only way the sfa will agree to transfer our licence over is if we accept the transfer ban, then the spl will take out the sledgehammer and kneecap us big time with points deductions, we must never agree to the spl's terms.

Find another league, any league to play in Rangers please!!!!

Really could not care less at this point where we play as long as we are out of the spl backwater. Hope our fans never set foot in any other ground in Scotland again.

The 3rd division option is not about getting it up any other team its more to do with how it sits in the mind, to go to the 3rd division is more a moral decision, if other teams crash and burn then it has nothing to do with us it is more a case of teams living outside their means and if they get treated any different than we have then we take them to court.

RFC are out of Europe for 3/4 seasons anyway so going to the 3rd div matters not because you will be more or less earning 3rd div money in the spl with the proposed sanctions that we might be hit with.

We go to the 3rd div, if Green and Co dont fancy the wait then let them sell to people who are up for the battle, this is not about other teams this is about us leaving the fire, putting the anger away and getting on with the business of playing football but never forgetting the way we have be treated through all of this, our time will come, we fight the skirmishes in preparation for the main battle and we build a bank balance for the time we get back in among all the shite and then dominate for years, that's how I feel.