Change of strips

I know things are not the best just now and this question is a bit trivial under the circumstances,but I have been having an argument with a few fellow football supporters from different clubs about changing strips if teams clashed.

I know the norm is for the away team to change ( sometimes even when there is no clash of colours) but I am sure I remember in the late sixties / early seventies it was the home side that changed in fact I am sure rangers wore. Red top White shorts and red and White socks when they played the

Likes of Dundee or St Johnstone.

Can anyone confirm this was the case?

I realise that I posted this in another section of the site...I think you will notice the time it was posted and it was after a few beers ...hence the repost.

Why is it on this site when someone posts what is IMO a perfectly reasonable post,and is not agreed with or is of any intrest to the reader ..they are branded the Enemy?

I can assure you all I am died in the Wool Blue Nose through and through and have been since my father took me to my first game (at Firhill) in the late sixties where Rangers scored 5 Goals.

I had never seen so many goals in the previous matches I had been to with him and for a seven year old it was brilliant to see so many!

That's why and How I became a Rangers Supporter...and have been for all those years and will remain to be so RTID!

I know things are not the best just now and this question is a bit trivial under the circumstances,but I have been having an argument with a few fellow football supporters from different clubs about changing strips if teams clashed.

I know the norm is for the away team to change ( sometimes even when there is no clash of colours) but I am sure I remember in the late sixties / early seventies it was the home side that changed in fact I am sure rangers wore. Red top White shorts and red and White socks when they played the

Likes of Dundee or St Johnstone.

Can anyone confirm this was the case?

This is the internet, the World Wide Web - any answers you need are there at the touch of a button in the Google search engine.

Much easier and quicker than starting two threads and waiting up to ten hours for a reply.

I've always understood it was originally the home team that changed in the event of a clash.. Not sure when this changed though, certainly before my time..

Thanks for that Bigblueyonder , i have tried to google this but have not found any info about it.

Some people on here are absolutely insane.

OK, the OP wasn't really about Rangers specifically but it was an innocent question about football.

Yet some people decide he must be a Celtic fan or a Catholic? Where is even the loosest of connections?

Get a grip, it's sheer idiocy.

This is the internet, the World Wide Web - any answers you need are there at the touch of a button in the Google search engine.

Much easier and quicker than starting two threads and waiting up to ten hours for a reply.

....but, Rangers Media gets a new member who may just become a regular. What is wrong with someone asking a community of Rangers fans a question about Rangers?

Think back in the olden days the home team would've had several strips stored in their home ground therefore if an away team showed up with a clashing kit then it would've been easier for the home team to change.

other than that I think buttons are like tulips and a big puddle splashed them.

....but, Rangers Media gets a new member who may just become a regular. What is wrong with someone asking a community of Rangers fans a question about Rangers?

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking.

Please feel free to respond to his question then.

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking.

Please feel free to respond to his question then.

I would but I don't know the answer. It appears that a fellow member has explained about the Scottish cup, though.

Think back in the olden days the home team would've had several strips stored in their home ground therefore if an away team showed up with a clashing kit then it would've been easier for the home team to change.

other than that I think buttons are like tulips and a big puddle splashed them.

Yes you are spot on. The away team would only travel with their 1st. Strip because the home team would have several strips at home. I also remember Rangers players changing into clean strips at half time, I also remember half time lasted 10mins., when did that change?

the OP is actually correct.In the sixties/ early seventies,it was indeed the home team that changed strips in the event of a clash of colours.I remember Rangers used to use an all white strip when Dundee came to Ibrox,and even the tims changed to an away strip when (Greenock) Morton were the visitors (blue/white hoops).

My first ever game at Ibrox when I was four/five years old in 1960 The Rangers played in all white,Dundee played in all dark blue.