Romance V Reality

North Rd

Lots of quality posts lads. I posted a few days ago in favour of div 1 but I dived in without realising all that was going on. Just hated the idea of having to watch our great club having to sweat it out with pub teams. It's fucking shameful. As we all know and JCD pointed out, our club has been ripped apart by a criminal and the reaction of most of Scotland was to try and finish us off. So I no longer give a damn about Scottish football. All that matters to me now is that we are able to rebuild and become strong again. If we can be certain of doing this from div 3 then I will be happy enough. Especially after hearing that the SFA knew about Whyte and the way in which the SPL is now trying to save itself. I hear the argument about what type of SPL will be there in 3 seasons if we go to the third but I think there is going to be a big decline in our game anyway as chairmen are like Tories any old excuse to cut will do. It will be look at what happened to Rangers if fans grumble and they will also be cutting now in anticipation of our absence and future boycott. Hell mend them. Their hatred of our club drove them to confuse RFC with DM and CW. I believe their reaction has already done untold damage to our game. No doubt we will also be blamed for that in ten years time. Silly bastards. This will also affect us of course and we too will see less talent on the pitch and lower crowds if Scottish football deteriorates. Any organisation worth it's salt knows that you never tarnish the reputation of your showpiece or no 1 asset. The reaction in more civilised and intelligent footballing nations would have been much more sympathetic in terms of acknowledgeing the role of DM and Whyte. Sanctions would have been fairer and less selfishly motivated.

I think the old firm rivalry is be a big part of the reason for the stupidity that has gripped our game. I smell the stinking hand of the filth in much of what we have witnessed. From the media response, to the SFA, SFL and clubs, and SPL and clubs. They have been too silent and when are they ever silent? No doubt pulling strings and having their opinion expressed by other means. Think PL has realised that Septic can't really go it alone and that is why we are seeing a softer tone now. Probably realised after listening to SKY and the tears of other chairmen. It might have been the plan anyway as our clubs reputation has been slaughtered and no doubt he has these others in his pocket now that we are the outsiders. This along with the reasons mentioned in the post above makes me more positive about div 3. If it stops these clubs of very little integrity (sporting or otherwise)from benefitting from a TV deal that was only signed because of our SPL presence then so much the better.

Some level headed debate here. Differences of opinion but no abuse. Just what we expect from Rangers people.

I believe that the SPL's worst fear is that Rangers are kept in and win the league. This thought has driven all else and the easy way out is to kick us out of the SPL. It is dawning on some people that this would be financially risky, to say the least, for the other SPL teams. Dictating to SPL1 teams that they accept us while the SPL reject us is being seen for what it is - SPL arrogance. If it looks like the SPL will not accept this, dont be surprised in we are kept in the SPL with punitive sanctions (to make sure we're crippled). That way, Sky are happy and the money is kept in the SPL. SPL teams will swallow it as the sanction will ensure that we cant win the league.

It's still risky for the SPL because if a points deduction is the only way to stop us it makes them look ridiculous and taints titles. So as well as points, there needs to be a way to weaken us further. They tried the transfer ban and that backfired. Do they have a Plan B?

The outcome of this week's meetings will be interesting.