Armageddon

The Record are reporting that a source at the heart of the secret talks between Green and SPL chairmen said:

“It is not just Rangers who face oblivion. The entire future of Scottish football as we know it is at stake. This is the nature of the crisis with which we are now faced.”

“The stark reality we are now facing is that if Rangers are relegated and SFL clubs then force them down into the Third Division, as has been suggested, the SPL’s remaining teams will face their own financial Armageddon.

“As many as FIVE teams, possibly among them Motherwell, Dundee United and Kilmarnock could go to the wall and the beginning of the end could start as soon as August 6.

“That’s the date every club receives a cheque for £645,000 which is the first tranche of next season’s TV money.”

Without that cash some clubs won’t be able to pay wage bills and will then face financial meltdown.

“By voting Rangers out of the SPL and forcing them into the Third Division clubs will be voting for their own demise.

“Not only would the SPL clubs lose their TV revenues, the smaller clubs would lose the £2m drip feed they receive from the SPL. That represents a huge proportion of their revenues. So they too would be voting for oblivion.”

This may all be made up but if true, those fans who have delighted in saying "No" may only have 5 weeks left before the meltdown occurs.

This is surprising me, who'd have thunk it eh? no rangers = no income! Wow :sherlock:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not wishful thinking cos I,honestly,want Div 3,but I can see a scenario where the clubs get to shadow-vote "NO"(therefore appeasing their detestable fans)but the decision is over-ridden,using the "keeping Scottish football alive" line.

There would then be a clarion call to hit us with every sanction under the sun.Mr Green would then have to call on all his Yorkshire grit to fight like fuck against each and every one.

I would rather see the Gers playing minnows next season than,toothlessly and pointlessly plugging away in the spl,giving finance to the very scumbags who want us dead.

This is not wishful thinking cos I,honestly,want Div 3,but I can see a scenario where the clubs get to shadow-vote "NO"(therefore appeasing their detestable fans)but the decision is over-ridden,using the "keeping Scottish football alive" line.

There would then be a clarion call to hit us with every sanction under the sun.Mr Green would then have to call on all his Yorkshire grit to fight like fuck against each and every one.

I would rather see the Gers playing minnows next season than,toothlessly and pointlessly plugging away in the spl,giving finance to the very scumbags who want us dead.

Can see it as well. I've often thought that Liewell's plan was always to vote no to appease TGB...in the hope that the rest (or enough of them) vote yes. That way he looks 'strong' in front of the terrorist lovers, while keeping The Rangers weak and in the SPL --proving SKY cash and gate receipts too..

There's a whole lot more to this than anyone knows imho.

What a league - all teams included to be beholden to a tv company who doesn't give a damn about it. The fans all want div3 yet regan and Doncaster tell us sky won't let it happen! A joke.